• Other
  2. 2. How should new team enter SL

• Promotion
    • Licensing

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Damien said:

So SL clubs were sent this document on Friday but the Toronto decision was made Monday...

I wouldn't say that was suspicious? It would be, even for the low standards of RL, a huge lack of planning to not lay out prior to the vote what the options would be should Toronto be rejected. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

2 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I wouldn't say that was suspicious? It would be, even for the low standards of RL, a huge lack of planning to not lay out prior to the vote what the options would be should Toronto be rejected. 

Its not making the Toronto decision in isolation for starters. It is effectively asking the 11 clubs who they want the 12th club to be rather than just deciding if Toronto should be in Super League. Some clubs could certainly have been swayed by the thought of a local derby v Fev for example.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Its not making the Toronto decision in isolation for starters. It is effectively asking the 11 clubs who they want the 12th club to be rather than just deciding if Toronto should be in Super League. Some clubs could certainly have been swayed by the thought of a local derby v Fev for example.

Or Leigh

1 minute ago, Damien said:

It would be impossible to make the decision in isolation the teams will be aware there would be fallout from this. 

They don't know who the RFL/SL will select, just that there will be another team in 2021.

If anything it puts paid to the idea the SL clubs just wanted to collect the 12th teams share of the money next season and voted Toronto out on that basis. It actually made the process fairer knowing what the outcomes would be. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It would be impossible to make the decision in isolation the teams will be aware there would be fallout from this. 

They don't know who the RFL/SL will select, just that there will be another team in 2021.

If anything it puts paid to the idea the SL clubs just wanted to collect the 12th teams share of the money next season and voted Toronto out on that basis. It actually made the process fairer knowing what the outcomes would be. 

Of course its possible.

There is no way RFL/SL wont take on board what the clubs say.

Its not put paid to anything yet.

24 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Martyn Sadler suggesting that SL picks the number of teams in the competition and the RFL picks who they are.

The banter move would be to pick Toronto. 

And we wonder why the sport has no vision or strategy.

44 minutes ago, Damien said:

Scandalous

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TOXIII/status/1323625561013559296

Toulouse quick off the mark to state their intention. 

Got to admit they're pretty slick by RL standards. 

Just now, Wildcat said:

Fev do it and get slated, I bet Toulouse get heaps of praise for doing the same.

In fairness, they’ve released a four and a half minute video that sells themselves, shows how many teams they’ve got, shows the community impact of the club, talks of their vision and showcases their ground. Fev’s was a swiping insult at Super League for “self interest” followed by “please Sir, can I come in?” and not a lot more. Granted, that was within hours of the news yesterday but still, I’d have expected something more professional. 

Just now, DI Keith Fowler said:

Lots of backers or lots of fans?

I think BOTH certainly sponsorship wise and knowing the area (They only want to watch top flight rugby) my estimation would be home crowds as a mid table team of between 10/12000 (Bottom table 6/8000) and top 3 15000+

Paul

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

In fairness, they’ve released a four and a half minute video that sells themselves, shows how many teams they’ve got, shows the community impact of the club, talks of their vision and showcases their ground. Fev’s was a swiping insult at Super League for “self interest” followed by “please Sir, can I come in?” and not a lot more. Granted, that was within hours of the news yesterday but still, I’d have expected something more professional. 

It was more regarding comments like Fev not waiting until TWP are cold I was referring to.

Don't get me wrong Toulouse is a place I would love to visit and see an RL game, it looks an amazing place.

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Martyn Sadler suggesting that SL picks the number of teams in the competition and the RFL picks who they are.

Christ

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

32 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Lots of backers or lots of fans?

Not many fans at last years Play Offs, but they are all going to come and see the Super League fixtures. We all know what often happens when Johnny Come Lately's start watching, they disappear if the team starts losing. But if Toulouse are to be admitted, and who knows they may be a big success, let them achieve it on the field of play.

Archived