Mark Campbell's statement

9 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Given the fact that the team that takes the 12 place in SL will be on reduced funding (see here) would we not be better missing out on being the team given the poison chalice?

Bang on what the championship should do is say "if we're in, we're in" because super league has to run with 12 team, and if championship clubs stuck together.. They would have more power, super league are desperate for the 12th team to coming so they can get their money.. The 12th team should be dictating the deal.. But the likes of featherstone, York, toulouse, Leigh totally miss the point of the poison chalice. 

The problem is no team will turn it down because you know the next one will say yes but if the clubs stuck together then......RFL would probably promote Newcastle.  I thought I had escaped the battle for SL this time around until Halifax threw their hat in the ring. Yes I get that the club has got to be looking like it has ambition but seriously. We are so far behind Fev, Leigh, and Toulouse at the minute its unreal. Lets get back to at least competing on the pitch before thinking of SL.

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

The problem is no team will turn it down because you know the next one will say yes but if the clubs stuck together then......RFL would probably promote Newcastle.  I thought I had escaped the battle for SL this time around until Halifax threw their hat in the ring. Yes I get that the club has got to be looking like it has ambition but seriously. We are so far behind Fev, Leigh, and Toulouse at the minute its unreal. Lets get back to at least competing on the pitch before thinking of SL.

least its showing some ambition some of the clubs are just happy to take the furlough cash and never play again

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

A club like Halifax should be showing ambition regardless of results. All clubs should show ambition for advancement otherwise there would be little point. Good post Oxy.

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

A play off for promotion would stop all controversy . Let 4 to 6 clubs battle it out and the winner gets the 12th spot.

That would be o.k. unless 7, or more, clubs wanted the 12th spot. Also if there wasn't equal funding all clubs should stick together and tell SL to shove  their condescending offer where the sun don't shine. 🙂

4 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

That would be o.k. unless 7, or more, clubs wanted the 12th spot. Also if there wasn't equal funding all clubs should stick together and tell SL to shove  their condescending offer where the sun don't shine. 🙂

Ì agree but one club will take the offer, mores the pity.

7 hours ago, jamescolin said:

A play off for promotion would stop all controversy . Let 4 to 6 clubs battle it out and the winner gets the 12th spot.

When are you proposing to play this competition, given the current Covid issues, and the need to make a comparatively quick decision to allow the 12th club time to prepare for the 2021 season? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

https://matchboxrugby.wordpress.com/about/

Could have it sorted in a day.....

Looks like a plan. 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Many people's bet is Toulouse. But some on Bradford forum are quietly optimistic. I must admit that the Super League lost some of its appeal when Bradford were demoted and quite a few fans of theirs have been lost to the game. However I would err on the side of caution of a reinstatement so quickly. Fev have been knocking on the door for the past ten years and winning the league for four years running and a grand final victory would have seen them promoted under a fair sporting system. The ground belongs to the club and finances appear to be sound in difficult circumstances. But one can assume that a decision has already been made by some.

2 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Many people's bet is Toulouse. But some on Bradford forum are quietly optimistic. I must admit that the Super League lost some of its appeal when Bradford were demoted and quite a few fans of theirs have been lost to the game. However I would err on the side of caution of a reinstatement so quickly. Fev have been knocking on the door for the past ten years and winning the league for four years running and a grand final victory would have seen them promoted under a fair sporting system. The ground belongs to the club and finances appear to be sound in difficult circumstances. But one can assume that a decision has already been made by some.

Bradford? I thought one of the criteria was your ground's capacity and facilities. That's if you've got a ground. 🤔🤣

1 hour ago, Ainley Top said:

Bradford? I thought one of the criteria was your ground's capacity and facilities. That's if you've got a ground. 🤔🤣

Think one or two are grasping at the straw that they may be returning back next year but it will take some brass for the RFL to get that back up to scratch.

Archived