Hull KR end their season

Eddie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54794168

Are the other SL clubs going to vote to kick them out for not fulfilling their fixtures? 

And unilaterally withdrawing!

I honestly would have sympathy with them if they hadn't voted to give no sympathy to Toronto yesterday. They're season is competitively over, they've got furlough to use from Thursday, they're skint, as a business it makes sense. But no, they offer no sympathy so they should get no sympathy. Easy 1.8 million saving for the Super League coffers, after all, that is what it is all about? 

I await their reapplication and Super Leagues report into the viability of a second Super League team in Hull with trepidation.

12 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And unilaterally withdrawing!

I honestly would have sympathy with them if they hadn't voted to give no sympathy to Toronto yesterday. They're season is competitively over, they've got furlough to use from Thursday, they're skint, as a business it makes sense. But no, they offer no sympathy so they should get no sympathy. Easy 1.8 million saving for the Super League coffers, after all, that is what it is all about? 

I await their reapplication and Super Leagues report into the viability of a second Super League team in Hull with trepidation.

Nonsense.

There is a limited timescale in which to fulfill their fixtures. Given the COVID restrictions in place together with a long injury list they will be unable to field a team within that timescale. Of course you might just prefer that they push a load of injured players onto the field to make up the numbers.

Linking this with the Toronto decision (of which you know no more details than the rest of us) is nothing but petulance.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nonsense.

There is a limited timescale in which to fulfill their fixtures. Given the COVID restrictions in place together with a long injury list they will be unable to field a team within that timescale. Of course you might just prefer that they push a load of injured players onto the field to make up the numbers.

Linking this with the Toronto decision (of which you know no more details than the rest of us) is nothing but petulance.

Ah the good old double standards we have seen for years from some over Toronto.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nonsense.

You're telling me they were blissfully unaware of this yesterday and that this was not in the pipeline? 

I said, I have utmost sympathy with their position on calling the season early, it is they who do not have sympathy with others in the same or worse position.

Its not petulance, its karma

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

You're telling me they were blissfully unaware of this yesterday and that this was not in the pipeline? 

I said, I have utmost sympathy with their position on calling the season early, it is they who do not have sympathy with others in the same or worse position.

Its not petulance, its karma

Then you don't understand the concept of Karma.

HKR cannot fulfill their fixtures due to injury and COVID infections together with the compressed timescales. They have paid all of their staff and suppliers and continue to do so. Their situation and that of Toronto are so different as to be incomparable.

If you believe that, as a businesman, you should think "Well, we have some difficulties so I will support this (allegedly) shambolic proposal" then I am glad you aren't running any business of mine. The two are not connected.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Then you don't understand the concept of Karma.

HKR cannot fulfill their fixtures due to injury and COVID infections together with the compressed timescales. They have paid all of their staff and suppliers and continue to do so. Their situation and that of Toronto are so different as to be incomparable.

If you believe that, as a businesman, you should think "Well, we have some difficulties so I will support this (allegedly) shambolic proposal" then I am glad you aren't running any business of mine. The two are not connected.

Do you look at all events in isolation?

What a load of hate filled nonsense I am reading on this thread.

Rovers have to self isolate for 14 days which just happens to take in their 3 remaining fixtures. This is following tests made just yesterday. No players have ever not been paid including Mose Masoe who the club have pledged to support..

Rovers have been trailing to St Helens and Warrington 3 times a week without complaint. Until now no positive COVID cases. The club has done everything possible to play their part in keeping the sport going.

If there were fixtures after the 14 days isolation the club would play them.

I'm no Hull KR fan but linking this with the Toronto vote seems rather silly.

You might as well say Salford are the bad guys as they pulled a game so shouldn't have been able to vote.  Same with Wigan.

Or you could just say things happening in the same week don't have to be connected.

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Do you look at all events in isolation?

As a businessman yes, I often did so, particularly if they weren't clearly linked. I also used to have to put emotion to one side and face reality and practicality.

You?

5 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

What a load of hate filled nonsense I am reading on this thread.

Where's the hate? Oh there is none. you made that up.

If you want to read hate try the 400+ page Toronto thread, ironically from the same people now defending Hull KR. Those double standard again.

6 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

I'm no Hull KR fan but linking this with the Toronto vote seems rather silly.

You might as well say Salford are the bad guys as they pulled a game so shouldn't have been able to vote.  Same with Wigan.

Or you could just say things happening in the same week don't have to be connected.

Hull KR aren't missing a game, they are ending their season 3 games early.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

As a businessman yes, I often did so, particularly if they weren't clearly linked. I also used to have to put emotion to one side and face reality and practicality.

You?

Me too, but I don't engage in willy measuring constests on the internet

Archived