Hull KR end their season

Eddie

1 hour ago, thebrewxi said:

they've just sorted out working with covid, haven't they.

And we started a season with 12 clubs and finished with 10. can't think of any other elite sport competitions that seem so shambolic as Super League seems. 

... and I know people will say "extraordinary circumstances" etc etc. But is there a league in any sport that has coped worse. Looks shambolic from the outside I'm sure

Look at Australia's covid stats and then look at the UKs.

You can't compare the two at all.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More realistically,try looking at France,Italy,Ireland,Netherlands,Belgium,Spain,Portugal etc,etc.

You cant get back into Australia,even if you are Australian and incase you hadn't noticed,they are going into their summer.

1 hour ago, Click said:

18 minutes ago, Griff said:

You're living in a much more simplistic world than me.

NRL I mean. They've been able to deal with it very well. And I know the situation between there and here is different, but they've put they've all made a plan, made very considerable sacrifices, and finished the season. 

31 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

NRL I mean. They've been able to deal with it very well. And I know the situation between there and here is different, but they've put they've all made a plan, made very considerable sacrifices, and finished the season. 

Well, no, they carved four games off the season and they were shut down for two months less than us which was undoubtedly a factor.

Keep on comparing those apples and oranges, though.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 hours ago, Griff said:

Well, no, they carved four games off the season and they were shut down for two months less than us which was undoubtedly a factor.

Keep on comparing those apples and oranges, though.

Okay. You're obviously half full kind of chap and can see the positives. I'm just depressed about it all over here, that's all.

1 hour ago, thebrewxi said:

Okay. You're obviously half full kind of chap and can see the positives. I'm just depressed about it all over here, that's all.

I'm not sure there are a lot of positives.   You're obviously a grass in greener on the other side of the fence guy.  But it isn't.  It's just that the parameters are different.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

23 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

Then give up moaning and and find another sport..  And take a look at the real world. 

16 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

Wow. I think the correct response would have been "well emigrate then" or something similar. Not "stop watching Rugby League". Charming 🙂

Don't worry. Prince is the kind of chap who if he hasn't told someone he doesn't know on the internet that he's cleverer than they are by 8pm every day he'd malfunction.

Please do keep watching Rugby League.

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Don't worry. Prince is the kind of chap who if he hasn't told someone he doesn't know on the internet that he's cleverer than they are by 8pm every day he'd malfunction.

Please do keep watching Rugby League.

Yes he should.  The RLF have not handled these issues well, I've been saying this for a while, but stopping watching hardly helps anyone.  But the tail has been wagging the dog for a long while and successively this has run our game into the ground, such that we are getting more and more constrained.

Without outside investment we with wither on the vine.  And SKY will want something more dynamic from us.  I dont think its just money.

43 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes he should.  The RLF have not handled these issues well, I've been saying this for a while, but stopping watching hardly helps anyone.  But the tail has been wagging the dog for a long while and successively this has run our game into the ground, such that we are getting more and more constrained.

Without outside investment we with wither on the vine.  And SKY will want something more dynamic from us.  I dont think its just money.

Totally agree. They want something interesting and high profile.

On 03/11/2020 at 18:06, thebrewxi said:

they've just sorted out working with covid, haven't they.

And we started a season with 12 clubs and finished with 10. can't think of any other elite sport competitions that seem so shambolic as Super League seems. 

... and I know people will say "extraordinary circumstances" etc etc. But is there a league in any sport that has coped worse. Looks shambolic from the outside I'm sure

KR finished with 17 games, the same as Saints. Both refused to play their next game.

It was ridiculous of SL/RFL to try to play 20 games in the time available. And all in the middle of the Cup.

But let us be a bit fair...  the Barbarians made a fool of themselves.  Wasps ditto.  I believe West Hams(?) manager has to isolate.  A number of football players have been 'isolated'.  Because we play in the summer our season was more impacted. Cricket missed a lot of games, but the internationals were able to survive.

The biggest impact for us was Catalan who for whatever reason missed so  many, and which had some silly consequences.  Wakefield played 19 (!) and Salford and Giants 18.   Overall we were not as professional as we should have been. Fingers crossed we get through the playoffs.

On 03/11/2020 at 19:38, Click said:

It’s the Australian government that have sorted covid and the UK government that have let it spread far and wide across the population. It isn’t down to how the NRL and Super League have handled it. Watching NRL games and the Grand Final and Origin played in front of massive crowds just shows what we could of had in this country if things had been handled better than they were.

Have you noticed it's summer in Australia?

Did you notice that there were 50,000 cases in France yesterday?

Have you noticed that most of europe is closed?

Any idea was has happened in America?

Stop trying to make your political points.

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s the Australian government that have sorted covid and the UK government that have let it spread far and wide across the population. It isn’t down to how the NRL and Super League have handled it. Watching NRL games and the Grand Final and Origin played in front of massive crowds just shows what we could of had in this country if things had been handled better than they were.

There's a thread on the political forum if you want to discuss how you feel the UK government dealt with Covid in comparison to Aus or wherever you wish to compare to. 

I was just saying you cannot compare SL and the NRL due to the covid stats, in terms of cases, etc. 

10 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

KR finished with 17 games, the same as Saints. Both refused to play their next game.

It was ridiculous of SL/RFL to try to play 20 games in the time available. And all in the middle of the Cup.

But let us be a bit fair...  the Barbarians made a fool of themselves.  Wasps ditto.  I believe West Hams(?) manager has to isolate.  A number of football players have been 'isolated'.  Because we play in the summer our season was more impacted. Cricket missed a lot of games, but the internationals were able to survive.

The biggest impact for us was Catalan who for whatever reason missed so  many, and which had some silly consequences.  Wakefield played 19 (!) and Salford and Giants 18.   Overall we were not as professional as we should have been. Fingers crossed we get through the playoffs.

So I'm allowed to stick with League then 🙂

Archived