• Doncaster
    • Keighley
    • Hunslet
    • Rochdale

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, gingdong said:

We shouldnt even be having this discussion Fev the team beat in the final should be in end of. Toulouse well cant even see the maniacs at the RFL going for another french team with the covid and no way of knowing how it turns out, As for all the other candidates there 1 man bands and that is very uncertain in this climate. As for rovers the 9 acres of prime building land that will be moved from green belt very soon to make the club self sufficiant for years to come could well be the game changer in these uncertain times

What would Fev bring to the game that's already not there?

Would they bring NEW fans and NEW sponsors to Rugby League?

1 minute ago, lucky 7 said:

we would be the safest and stand out option in these uncertain times, plus what do the other 11 teams bring other than the worst rugby ever seen in englands top flight

33 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I watch Step 6 football along with others every week and I am not a lunatic:))) :))))

One is a lunatic to pay thousands to watch the  overpaid premiership, at the club I support £15 gets you a seat programme pint and burger:))

PS/Burger is home made as well :))))

Oh sure, I’m on your side of the fence. I do think we’re both mad though. 

most of them dont own there own grounds 2 that do belong in ancient rome, hull  and huddersfield pinched the assets of 2 other clubs there an utter disgrace all the fans are plastic with no sencse of identity and think the game started in 1996  least rovers would put some passion in there, 

1 minute ago, gingdong said:

most of them dont own there own grounds 2 that do belong in ancient rome, hull  and huddersfield pinched the assets of 2 other clubs there an utter disgrace all the fans are plastic with no sencse of identity and think the game started in 1996  least rovers would put some passion in there, 

Has lyn let thi use lap top then??🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, gingdong said:

we would be the safest and stand out option in these uncertain times, plus what do the other 11 teams bring other than the worst rugby ever seen in englands top flight

I mean I'm all for kicking the current super league teams but thats a bit over the top

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I mean I'm all for kicking the current super league teams but thats a bit over the top

Tommy lad.... this is gingdong..... just run.... its the easiest option.....

Have you ever known a hooker..... at any level.... to be anything other than a loud irritating gobsheeite????

Gingdong had a few decades in the pennine league at no9.... need i say more???

12 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Tommy lad.... this is gingdong..... just run.... its the easiest option.....

Have you ever known a hooker..... at any level.... to be anything other than a loud irritating gobsheeite????

Gingdong had a few decades in the pennine league at no9.... need i say more???

Haha tbf my brother plays nine but he also plays Union and 13 so maybe thats normalised him

3 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

Which of any of the applicants bring these things? All are established clubs who would increase their fanbase with promotion. If you are suggesting that having London or Toulouse in SL would bring in more neutral viewers and sponsors there is no evidence of this whatsoever. London is a myth, they are poorly supported and have next to no presence in the capital. Apart from the tokenism of their presence they bring very little to SL, their stadium is not fit for purpose and their fanbase laughable. Having London on TV in our top competition damages the sport.

Having Toulouse likely brings benefits but NEW fans and NEW sponsors, I doubt it.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Which of any of the applicants bring these things? All are established clubs who would increase their fanbase with promotion. If you are suggesting that having London or Toulouse in SL would bring in more neutral viewers and sponsors there is no evidence of this whatsoever. London is a myth, they are poorly supported and have next to no presence in the capital. Apart from the tokenism of their presence they bring very little to SL, there stadium is not fit for purpose and their fanbase laughable. Having London on TV in our top competition damages the sport.

Having Toulouse likely brings benefits but NEW fans and NEW sponsors, I doubt it.

Toulouse in my opinion would bring new fans and sponsors to the game if they was in Super League. 

9 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Toulouse in my opinion would bring new fans and sponsors to the game if they was in Super League. 

What new fans would start following RL if Toulouse were promoted outside of additional fans that would start going to Toulouse games? 

Team sponsors, yes, every club would bring that. Title sponsors? Unlikely. This is an opinion you have formulated in your head which isnt based on facts. Catalan's entry to SL didnt bring exciting new sponsors, we got Eddie Stobart.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

What new fans would start following RL if Toulouse were promoted outside of additional fans that would start going to Toulouse games? 

Team sponsors, yes, every club would bring that. Title sponsors? Unlikely. This is an opinion you have formulated in your head which isnt based on facts. Catalan's entry to SL didnt bring exciting new sponsors, we got Eddie Stobart.

The attraction of playing teams like Wigan, St Helens, Leeds and Warrington would pique interest of some sports fans and some sponsors in Toulouse who have a passing interest in the game.

Any club being elected to Super League from the M62 corridor wouldn't attract any new fans or Sponsors to the game. 

4 hours ago, yipyee said:

I havent proposed anything, just saying what the experts have been telling us for years.

Its a bit like people saying Covid is a myth and wearing masks is etc... the experts are telling us we have too many clubs in each area so merge/one become a feeder...

The trouble with mergers is you could lose most of your die hard fans and be left with fair weather supporters who are likely to lose interest when the good times stop.

Lindsay tried to force it through in '95, but where he went wrong was in the proposed disbanding of the exising clubs. The only way it might have worked would have been for the existing sides to remain in the equivalent of the Championship and L1, but to have equal shares in a district representative that competed in Super League. Fans would have had the option of watching both or either side and whether their original club survived would have been down to them.

6 hours ago, yipyee said:

The best players from Leigh can play for Wigan or Saints, they are in the shadow of bigger clubs and therefore for me it would be a no.

Leigh are a great club but are at their level and should form a feeder club / second team using dual reg with Wigan.

Or they play in a top tier that is semi pro / amateur. These are the stark realities facing rugby league and has been well documented since the 90s

As from reading your posts, you believe firmly that there shouldn't be clusters of clubs, and where clubs do cluster, one should be the primary club with other teams being second teams or feeder clubs.

In that case, which one of Saints, Wigan and Warrington is going to be the primary club, which the second team and which is just going to feed the other two?

1 hour ago, lucky 7 said:

Fev already have an impressive portfolio of Sponsors actually. The biggest house builder in the UK is one, the biggest packaging company in Europe another. 

Just now, Smudger06 said:

Fev already have an impressive portfolio of Sponsors actually. The biggest house builder in the UK is one, the biggest packaging company in Europe another. 

Don't you think potentially they're sponsored by local outlets of these? You think the MD of both these firms cleared his afternoon schedule because Fev wanted a sponsor for their new top? 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

The difference between an amateur Club and a Pro Club is that an amateur Club exists for the benefit of its playing members whereas a Pro Club exists for the benefit of its Spectator members, its patrons i.e its season ticket holders. London don't have any last time I looked. Therefore its whole reason for existence (as a pro entity at least) is questionable. Not to mention they play at an amateur facility. 

Archived