• Barrow
    • Newcastle
    • Workington
    • Doncaster
    • Keighley
    • Hunslet
    • Rochdale

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I'm asking a question to try and get an idea. It is you coming up with contradictory statements.

If Fev will somehow save RL in areas like Pontefract and Knottingley, which are already within 5 miles of 2 Super League clubs and Selby which is halfway to York, another potential candidate, then I think its a fair question.

I completely understand all of the arguments about Fev as a club, what they have done, income streams, stadium etc. They are fair enough although I may not necessarily agree with them all. However to talk about Fev being in Super League will somehow boost the games popularity and greatly increase fans or players, in an area which is already better represented than any other for SL clubs for the size of the population, it does seem odd.

Selby warriors was created by miners from fev and ponte Vince Farrah actually was the 1st coach, Fev helped out massively sending coaches and equipment to create the junior sections, Cas were never interested and did nothing. fev supported Knottingley Rockware playing games there and giving them proceeds, they also did the same to the teams in Ponte, cas will never get anywhere in Ponte because there more loyal to fev in ponte than they are in fev believe or not. Cas dont do a thing for the amateur teams other than try to get them to join there lotto, a fully funded fev in super league would do great things for all the local clubs and help get them going again

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Like you have a blind spot for London, I (and most Sky TV viewers) would have little interest in two suburbs of Wakefield doing battle in a low quality game of rugby. Still I guess the promise of a little terrace push and shove my make me tune in just to pity you. 

tell you somat id like to bet it would generate just as much interestd as wigan and saints

18 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

I have previously believed, for a long time, that your Club is important to the sport. I've researched it recently and come to the conclusion its not and has done nowt but hinder the game for 40 years. Sorry. 

There's many many unionists down south, even many down into Cornwall even, have heard of the fame of the forever underdog Featherstone Rovers and their great feats of against the odds triumphs on the biggest stages. Don't kid yourself. Its fact. 

Hinder the game how? 

Just now, MADREDNIGE said:

Hinder the game how? 

For many reasons, 1st its plain to see when watching on TV that their home games are soulless, uninspiring. 2nd, they bring nowhere near enough fans up north meaning if there's any games m62 team fans are skipping its v London, contributing to those games lacking mass appeal on TV and those areas live. Many more other reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

For many reasons, 1st its plain to see when watching on TV that their home games are soulless, uninspiring. 2nd, they bring nowhere near enough fans up north meaning if there's any games m62 team fans are skipping its v London, contributing to those games lacking mass appeal on TV and those areas live. Many more other reasons. 

Sorry i haven't read it properly. 

2 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

I'll watch fev against any team. But I do agree that the London fixture has much less attraction (to me) than perhaps some other fixtures do.

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'll watch fev against any team. But I do agree that the London fixture has much less attraction (to me) than perhaps some other fixtures do.

Multiply that across all 36 RFL Clubs and over a 40 year time frame (especially the last 25) and you have a problem. A slow slow creep of a rot. Done the damage before we knew the problem. All stood around hoping and praying that they'll get some fans and some mojo....but they r up against many massive football teams, 2 well entrenched unionist teams and 2 big cricket teams. Its stacked against them and us as a sport, we hoped against all hope and contributed to hurting our sport. 

19 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

There, fixed it for you. Your second sentence is frankly rubbish. Any team promoted in any sport ever attracts more/new fans. Maybe reconsolidating in the heartlands isnt a bad idea considering dwindling participation numbers. You mention M62, but the closest example for your claim is London. They have an inability to attract new fans, they are an insignificance on the London sporting landscape, playing in a suburb with zero exposure. Promoting a heartland team (and I include Toulouse in that) would bring more fans through the gate of that club. 

So how would Leigh, Halifax. Fev attract new fans to the game they won't

1 minute ago, lucky 7 said:

So how would Leigh, Halifax. Fev attract new fans to the game they won't

are you a real person????? fev averaged almost 5k before we were kicked out 96 for PSG we now average 2500, so theres at least 2500 that would come back, my dad hasnt been in the ground since that disgusting decision like many others if we finally get justice and are put back then he will come back as im sure will the others we are very stubborn people in these parts

4 minutes ago, gingdong said:

are you a real person????? fev averaged almost 5k before we were kicked out 96 for PSG we now average 2500, so theres at least 2500 that would come back, my dad hasnt been in the ground since that disgusting decision like many others if we finally get justice and are put back then he will come back as im sure will the others we are very stubborn people in these parts

Read the question and then you can answer it

1 minute ago, lucky 7 said:

I agree, but clubs need to do more to develop juniors and in my opinion some clubs are not doing enough

halelulia we agree trust me iv been at the thick end of local coaching and they do zero rovers are brilliant with junior clubs

Archived