• Barrow
    • Newcastle
    • Workington
    • Doncaster
    • Keighley
    • Hunslet
    • Rochdale

44 minutes ago, winnyason said:

Looks its okay the bizarre mentality of alot of the heartland supporters like this will be death of code. It's that simple.

If Toulouse are not brought in then Superleague are dumber then I thought. Totally turned off the whole league itself being a fan from down under. I can guarantee it will be leigh or fev rovers. 

Insulting the mentality of core supporters, most of whom live in the heartlands, isn't going to help. 

It's supposed to be a thread about who should be promoted to super league. Not an excuse to stereotype the game's fans.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Niels said:

Insulting the mentality of core supporters, most of whom live in the heartlands, isn't going to help. 

It's supposed to be a thread about who should be promoted to super league. Not an excuse to stereotype the game's fans.

That's the  perception in wider rugby league world now 

6 hours ago, winnyason said:

Looks its okay the bizarre mentality of alot of the heartland supporters like this will be death of code. It's that simple.

If Toulouse are not brought in then Superleague are dumber then I thought. Totally turned off the whole league itself being a fan from down under. I can guarantee it will be leigh or fev rovers. 

Explain to me exactly how fans going watching their club will be the death of the code ?

How do YOU prevent the death of the code ?

28 minutes ago, winnyason said:

Tell me , does this ' wider Rugby League ' actually go to and pay to watch rugby league ?

In what way do YOU contribute financially to northern hemisphere RL ? 

1 hour ago, winnyason said:

I think that's always been the misconception handily used to keep the game from being the mainstream sport it has always deserved to be.

It's one of the easiest of all mental jumps to subscribe to a manufactured label for a group you don't agree with. It also seems one of the hardest things to move away from.

As a sport we appear to be far too good at this.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

52 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Tell me , does this ' wider Rugby League ' actually go to and pay to watch rugby league ?

In what way do YOU contribute financially to northern hemisphere RL ? 

Got a fox sports subscription chump that plays superleague.  Every one on australia and New Zealand. Does don't give me this pays ###### you snowflake its reality superleague is a basket case, the australian test coach noted twp was most important development in code in last 30 years. 

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

I think that's always been the misconception handily used to keep the game from being the mainstream sport it has always deserved to be.

It's one of the easiest of all mental jumps to subscribe to a manufactured label for a group you don't agree with. It also seems one of the hardest things to move away from.

As a sport we appear to be far too good at this.

Agree totally 

1 hour ago, gingdong said:

whether you want it or not thaz getting it notr a chance in hellll will they pick another French team with this pandemic at the moment. Up the Rovers, and youd better get ready

Telling thi.... stay in championship and win it 2021. A miles better option. Go up with plenty of prep. Time to recruit. Time to market sponsorship etc. Makes miles more sense.

Team going up wont know til Dec. No time to prep. Only half the funding. What a bag o' sheeite that is. Bug ger that..

I waint be at all fussed if they do pick toulouse other than being pizzed off at missing my trip to the city. If covid impacts on toulouse then it'll be SL dealing with it not the championship. 

Just go for it in 2021.

Edit... that said..... I would still howl at the reaction from some quarters if fev did get the nod.🤣

16 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Telling thi.... stay in championship and win it 2021. A miles better option. Go up with plenty of prep. Time to recruit. Time to market sponsorship etc. Makes miles more sense.

Team going up wont know til Dec. No time to prep. Only half the funding. What a bag o' sheeite that is. Bug ger that..

I waint be at all fussed if they do pick toulouse other than being pizzed off at missing my trip to the city. If covid impacts on toulouse then it'll be SL dealing with it not the championship. 

Just go for it in 2021.

Edit... that said..... I would still howl at the reaction from some quarters if fev did get the nod.🤣

I think some people's fear would be that no one knows what will happen in 2022 and if p & r will remain.

21 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Just go for it in 2021.

I totally agree with your thinking.

No matter who gets the nod there will be some very unhappy people on here.

so the sense I get from some is that if we don't chose whom they say the games bust... a bit like Toronto thread, unless its Toulouse I'm taking my bat and ball home...

Personally I'd prefer Toulouse from a wider sport perspective in France and resultant benefits. I doubt if that will be in the criteria as it would be bias and hence unfair competition.

14 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Any team getting promoted will bring in new fans. I don’t know how much more I can simplify that point for you.

It won't bring in NEW FANS. It might bring back disaffected fans, and fans of the game who have moved into the area, but expecting new fans on the back of promotion wont happen.

Letting in under 12's with paying adults and you will get a return in about 5 years, but there wont be an overnight surge in NEW fans.

2 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

There best bet would be to have an accountant to run the club. 

Someone who understands finance, which they appear to have lacked in the past

That guy who does NOT have a conflict of interest could do it.

Seems bizarre that he can give a contract to the head coach and apply for Super League while his other club remain quietly in The Championship. 

Certainly no other sport like it... 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

7 hours ago, winnyason said:

The wider Rugby League World?

Two Australian states? 

Its the bizarre mentality of some Aussies & expats that's dragging this game down, coming on here chopsing off about Toulouse when they themselves ain't including Perth & Adelaide. 

Seriously.  Couldn't make it up. Some neck on em. 

Archived