• Barrow
    • Newcastle
    • Workington
    • Doncaster
    • Keighley
    • Hunslet
    • Rochdale

2 hours ago, Damien said:

If we are talking about the big crowds Toulouse are the only club with that potential in my honest opinion. Fev at best may get similar to Cas. York probably Huddersfield/Salford territory but with a bit of potential to build. London and Leigh much the same as the last time they were in Super League.

I'd love to get same crowds as cas they get some good crowds most of the time.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

24 people want Fev in SL !! Couldnt even field a side last year was it. Play with a team full of Leeds 2nd string.

Good grief we've moved on since then,getting a decent squad together now WITHOUT d/r.

I believe Leigh’s squad so far is O Brien, Russell, Sau, Thornley, Inu, Shaw, Brierley, Ellis, Hood, mason, Walker, Ione, Hellewell, Thompson, Spencer, Thornley, Gerrard, Wildie, Gee, 

A SL spot would need 4 more imports and 3 others to be pretty competitive imo, and as Derek offered to go in on Championship money, with the best stadium in SL,the best facilities for Sky and 6700 fans in 2017 is that too much to knock back?

3 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I believe Leigh’s squad so far is O Brien, Russell, Sau, Thornley, Inu, Shaw, Brierley, Ellis, Hood, mason, Walker, Ione, Hellewell, Thompson, Spencer, Thornley, Gerrard, Wildie, Gee, 

A SL spot would need 4 more imports and 3 others to be pretty competitive imo, and as Derek offered to go in on Championship money, with the best stadium in SL,the best facilities for Sky and 6700 fans in 2017 is that too much to knock back?

Is Dominic Manfredi next ? 😉

No Blake Wallace ?

2 hours ago, Damien said:

If we are talking about the big crowds Toulouse are the only club with that potential in my honest opinion. Fev at best may get similar to Cas. York probably Huddersfield/Salford territory but with a bit of potential to build. London and Leigh much the same as the last time they were in Super League.

Fev would get similar to Wakefield, not Cas, who get twice as many as Wakey, despite being half the size. In fact Castleford is easily the smallest town in Super League, but one of the best supported. With them and Featherstone its more to do with heritage than geography. They are two of the only places where Rugby League is the primary sport.

16 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Fev would get similar to Wakefield, not Cas, who get twice as many as Wakey, despite being half the size. In fact Castleford is easily the smallest town in Super League, but one of the best supported. With them and Featherstone its more to do with heritage than geography. They are two of the only places where Rugby League is the primary sport.

To be honest I thought as much and that is why I said at best. I was also somewhat fearful of the Fev mafia now resident on this board so played safe, Fev are the new Leigh these days 😂

40 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Four?! Eight maybe. 

Best stadium?

What have you been drinking?

3 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Fev and Cas punch well above their weight Steve and good on them.

Leigh similar in size to Cas on the posh side side of the Pennines and all 3 can contribute quite comfortably, whatever league they play in.

Size obviously doesn't matter, but those statisticians amongst us would have a field day knowing that the likelihood is that the 3 team mentioned are likely to have the biggest percentage attending their games (per Town population) of any other teams.

I am still waiting for Headingley, JJB, K Com and Halliwell Jones to sell out week after week !!

11 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

It was the place to be!

Tower for an hour and a couple of other places in Hull used to be pretty good for a laugh 🙂 back in the days used to come up from London 2 nights at the post house on the marina pub crawl grab a granny night and rugby on Sunday cracking weekend 🙂 P

PS/By granny one was talking around 30/35 but I guess in Hull a large % were grannies by then:)))

10 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Slight correction but Cas don't get anywhere near double Trinity's attendance.

Averages from last 3 season (this season excluding)

Trinity 5,300

Cas 7,800

Definitely better supported but nowhere near double. 

26 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Slight correction but Cas don't get anywhere near double Trinity's attendance.

Averages from last 3 season (this season excluding)

Trinity 5,300

Cas 7,800

Definitely better supported but nowhere near double. 

So for all their success in that period Cas averaged about 1000 more than Leighs relegation season, I wonder what Leigh would get as a settled SL club

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Tower for an hour and a couple of other places in Hull used to be pretty good for a laugh 🙂 back in the days used to come up from London 2 nights at the post house on the marina pub crawl grab a granny night and rugby on Sunday cracking weekend 🙂 P

PS/By granny one was talking around 30/35 but I guess in Hull a large % were grannies by then:)))

The old Featherstone Rovers Social Club had it's heyday in the 70s when Rovers had their best team in their history. Cup Winners, First Division Champions plus many Finals and Semi Finals. Quite a few Clubs had Social Clubs in those days, Salford being the most famous one. Oldham and Bramley had one, Warrington had the big one which looked over the pitch, then you had Hull and Leeds with Supporters Social Clubs plus many others.  Many happy days having a few scoops in these places before games, despite the odd scuffles breaking out!

100% NAILED on Toulouse in reality they would be the only club that having this reduction would hardly effect.

Making up 7/800K will be easy for Toulouse.

The maire will be on standby with a large amount of cash + regional .

Also for incoming fans at least they all stay locally as opposed to the Dragons where 90% are now bussed up from Spain.

Archived