Toulouse olympique promo video

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like that video, and am almost convinced (as someone has to be chosen, I would really much prefer promotion to be won on the field though). My only concern is their crowds, which can be really low, but hopefully would improve in SL. As for exemption from relegation, I’m not a fan of that, but if they have as much cash as people on this forum think I’m sure they can finish ahead of Wakey or Hull KR anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Remarkable that a ‘Let us in Super League!’ vid has been released so quickly.

Almost as if this has been the plan all along...!

Given today’s other post-vote revelations, nothing would surprise me. 

19 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Remarkable that a ‘Let us in Super League!’ vid has been released so quickly.

Almost as if this has been the plan all along...!

Maybe Elstone has been doing his job all along, giving the quiet nod to Toulouse to get themselves ready, this would seem more in line with a realistic SLE expansion, for the mean time.

Has to be Toulouse, they tick literally every box. They got 3,500 their match at the (19,000 capacity) Stade Ernest-Wallon. I am confident that in Super League, if they make that their permanent home they can average at least 6000 in their first season. 

4 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Just watched the video, that`s it, stop ######-farting around and get them in, I don`t want to hear anymore ###### talk about `earning it on the pitch`, Time for action.

What if Dewsbury make a decent video too though? 

Toulouse should come in as the 12th club and then ring fence them and Catalans. They are then France’s two ‘permanent’ members of SO its up to the FFR to decide to ever demote/swap either.

SL then has 10 ‘permanent’ UK members and it’s up to them to decide how to manage  that (P&R or franchise).

Add extra other members as ‘stategic’ when needed.

No chance I know but I can dream!

7 hours ago, barnyia said:

Surely they've not put this together today? 

Exactly, you don't sign Dom Peyroux, Joseph Paulo, and Elio Pellesier in the last few days, knowing that you'll be in the championship next season, and there is no guarantee the season will even be played or completed. I reckon they know they'll be placed in SL for 2021.

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Has to be Toulouse, they tick literally every box. They got 3,500 their match at the (19,000 capacity) Stade Ernest-Wallon. I am confident that in Super League, if they make that their permanent home they can average at least 6000 in their first season. 

and got around 1500 for their SL play off semi v Featherstone. Don't dress them up to be something, which they are quite obviously not (right now).

4 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Exactly, you don't sign Dom Peyroux, Joseph Paulo, and Elio Pellesier in the last few days, knowing that you'll be in the championship next season, and there is no guarantee the season will even be played or completed. I reckon they know they'll be placed in SL for 2021.

They also signed Mitch Garbutt who's a SL level signing 

5 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Have they signed Dom Peyroux? 

On 04/11/2020 at 11:08, theswanmcr said:

Toulouse should come in as the 12th club and then ring fence them and Catalans. They are then France’s two ‘permanent’ members of SO its up to the FFR to decide to ever demote/swap either.

SL then has 10 ‘permanent’ UK members and it’s up to them to decide how to manage  that (P&R or franchise).

Add extra other members as ‘stategic’ when needed.

No chance I know but I can dream!

Yeah along those lines have Catalans & Toulouse in a 12 team Super league, with 10 UK sides & 2 French sides permanently guaranteed in Super league to give broadcast rights bidders certainty of numbers. Below that have UK Championship & French Elite 1 both recognized as pathways for P & R to and from Super League. Give French 3 -5 years to source self sufficient funding from TV rights deal or Sponsorship etc.

13 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

so are Featherstone and Leigh doing a video too 🙂

Leigh's response has just hit the doormat.

xLWtbvS7Ba6CyAAcEfnNcQ.jpg

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 posts removed, I’ll come back later once I’ve had a sleep and decide on whether to invoke any punitive measures.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived