Toulouse olympique promo video

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Probably yes, imagine the French team without players who’ve come through the Catalans system. 

France used to beat Great Britain/England when all they had was their own competition. They lost 84-4 against England at Leigh, only 5 years ago. It's a long time since they came close to beating us, 1999 was the last close scoreline. I rest my case.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Celt said:

Careful!  Sarcasm like that causes posts to be removed from this thread.

Most normal people will find it funny, but there will be a middle-aged white bloke with the sort of insular M62 mentality you are poking fun at.... and he will be "offended".

If you don’t like our moderation, other forums are available.

Your post was removed earlier today for calling entire groups and regions of people racists for no reason other than your own prejudices. Thank you for reminding me about it, I had forgotten to come back to it. Have a short suspension for it, and thanks again for the reminder.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

France used to beat Great Britain/England when all they had was their own competition. They lost 84-4 against England at Leigh, only 5 years ago. It's a long time since they came close to beating us, 1999 was the last close scoreline. I rest my case.

Weak case, comparing the 1950s to the Catalans era. 

If Toulouse get into Super League I think England should commit to play France once a year.  Yes France would play poorly at first but have some patience and over the course of a several years there is the potential for France to improve. 

3 hours ago, Damien said:

Good stuff. It should be a no brainer for Catalans to support this but in RL, with all the self interest, you can never be too sure.

Never a doubt Catalans would support them and it could be a huge catalyst for the game in France, but SL clubs paying for TWO trips to Fance every year? Some SL chairman will be very worried about the cost. Compare that to hiring a coach for the short trip to a northern based team and there are big savings to be made by keeping it local.

13 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Never a doubt Catalans would support them and it could be a huge catalyst for the game in France, but SL clubs paying for TWO trips to Fance every year? Some SL chairman will be very worried about the cost. Compare that to hiring a coach for the short trip to a northern based team and there are big savings to be made by keeping it local.

Yeah not serious are you ...maybe you are...

9 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

If they can’t, they’ll just cancel and won’t travel, seems the norm now

10 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

If Superleague clubs have problems with the cost of an extra trip to France every year then they really shouldn't be in Superleague.

23 hours ago, Nate90 said:

If Toulouse get into Super League I think England should commit to play France once a year.  Yes France would play poorly at first but have some patience and over the course of a several years there is the potential for France to improve. 

A mid season game in France, every season around Bastille Day maybe.

14 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

If Superleague clubs have problems with the cost of an extra trip to France every year then they really shouldn't be in Superleague.

The clubs could always do a deal with people smugglers over the English channel to save a quid or two.

1 minute ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

The clubs could always do a deal with people smugglers over the English channel to save a quid or two.

There's certainly plenty of rubber boats going cheap around the south coast ports these days.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

If the clubs want it I'm sure it would be quite possible for them to play Catalans and Toulouse in consecutive weeks to save on making two trips. It would be a great week for fans too.

Yeah cos keeping a group of at least 25 people in France for over a week will be more economical won’t it? 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

6 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Yeah cos keeping a group of at least 25 people in France for over a week will be more economical won’t it? 

Did I say it would be and what part of if the clubs want is was difficult to understand? That was the point, they should have the choice.

It can be as economical as the club wants to make it. Some clubs may want to, others wont. Just as now some fly in and out on the day, others stay longer.

1 minute ago, barnyia said:

That would spoil it for the fans, two weekends à little spread out would be better as it's not that expensive to travel out of the main school holiday periods 

Everyone is different and I don't see how it would at all. Not all fans can afford to go away for two weekends or to get the required time off work. A good portion of our season is also precisely in those school holiday periods too.

In my opinion many would choose just one trip in such a scenario. Going away for a week or slightly more is much more preferable to me than going for say 2 x 4 day periods and wasting half of those days traveling. I could certainly do it cheaper and get a far better experience too.

As I said I appreciate everyone is different and has different preferences

On 06/11/2020 at 11:59, Nate90 said:

England Knights v France would probably benefit both countries more for now. Once France are beating England Knights regularly then we should go to England v France, but I agree it must be an annual fixture for France v an England side.

8 minutes ago, gingdong said:

Hello hello were in the middle of a pandemic here and France with no way of knowing how it will turn out, no way can they pick another team in France be madness

You are not the right medium for delivery of either sensible or cautious messages.

You're bored sh itless aren't you.... I can tell.

6 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

England Knights v France would probably benefit both countries more for now. Once France are beating England Knights regularly then we should go to England v France, but I agree it must be an annual fixture for France v an England side.

i must be dreaming theres is a pandemic going on

Archived