Disciplinary strike again.

Loiner

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Joe Greenwood 2 games, Alex Mellor 2 games, ridiculous decision.

how as mellor got off with just two?

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

6 hours ago, Damien said:

What would you have liked?

In my humble opinion Mellors tackle was late and deserved a ban, ok so he got 2 matches but Greenwoods was a lot worse he went with intent it wasn't just late. He should have received 3-4 games at least.

21 hours ago, Loiner said:

In my humble opinion Mellors tackle was late and deserved a ban, ok so he got 2 matches but Greenwoods was a lot worse he went with intent it wasn't just late. He should have received 3-4 games at least.

I thought the Greenwood incident was wicked (old fashioned wicked I mean) and I think 2 matches is too lenient. 

12 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Greenwood was a straight red on the night. If that was in the town centre he'd have gotten 12 months in prison 

I've never understood this line of thinking.

Putting a "big hit" on someone on the street would attract a sentence. The very nature of rugby, played within the limits wouldn't be okay to do on a night out in a town centre. 

Also, you definitely wouldn't get 12 months in prison. It was a high tackle; the type that happens in rugby and he's been banned. Stop pearl clutching.

1 hour ago, andyscoot said:

I've never understood this line of thinking.

Putting a "big hit" on someone on the street would attract a sentence. The very nature of rugby, played within the limits wouldn't be okay to do on a night out in a town centre. 

Also, you definitely wouldn't get 12 months in prison. It was a high tackle; the type that happens in rugby and he's been banned. Stop pearl clutching.

Not taking issue with your argument Andy but what does pearl clutching mean? I've never heard that saying before.

19 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Not taking issue with your argument Andy but what does pearl clutching mean?

I took it as condemnation of Tommy Makinson's and Tom Lineham's actions. Seems like a posh term for 'squirrel grip' 🙂

53 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Not taking issue with your argument Andy but what does pearl clutching mean? I've never heard that saying before.

It refers to that trope of the old woman clutching at her pearl necklace when confronted with something that attacks her sensibilities and has become a phrase to refer to people who go a bit OTT with their outrage.

i though greenwood hardly hit him he was saved by the shoulder charge of singelton which knocked him back before greenwood could get a proper hit in.🤪

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Archived