Salford getting a points deduction

1 minute ago, Wildcat said:

Oh apologies, I could have sworn you admitted to being from Wakefield, hating Wakefield RLFC and supporting the Rhinos.

You must make things up as you go along then. Anyway rent free goodbyes, I am popping out. 

I'm from Leeds (Burmantofts), moved to Wakefield when I was 15. Have plenty of mates who are Trin fans and have been to a fair few with them - enjoyed the corporate "boxes" more than the "stands" but that's life. I have no hatred towards Wakefield, only morons who can't see the wood for the trees.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Red Willow said:

What do you want? Salford to be relegated? run SL with 10 teams. They have been punished within the rules of the game, the consequences were raised shortly before the initial punishment from 6 points.

Did Wigan or Saints suffer from the cap breaches in whatever way you want Salford punished? What was the consequences of their breaches?

Even with 6 points deducted we aren't bottom that would be Toronto.

I really don't know what you want other than to behave like Trump. 

Where did Donald Trump come into this? 😂

I stated earlier in this thread I want the punishment to be where it actually represents a punishment, which is next season. Its what happens in football regularly for example with similar breaches and rule breaks.

There is no material difference to Salford as a result of this (apart from being a bit more debt free). Yes you could argue the council won't look too kindly in future but that's with or without the RFL punishment. Punishment this year isn't even a slap on the wrist!

4 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

I really don't know what you want other than to behave like Trump. 

Two year olds like it when the world favours them, hate it when the world is unfair to them and can't accept that they lost. I don't honestly know if people never stopped being two year olds, or social media turned them into two year olds or if it just let them all out to play.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Where did Donald Trump come into this? 😂

I stated earlier in this thread I want the punishment to be where it actually represents a punishment, which is next season. Its what happens in football regularly for example with similar breaches and rule breaks.

There is no material difference to Salford as a result of this (apart from being a bit more debt free). Yes you could argue the council won't look too kindly in future but that's with or without the RFL punishment. Punishment this year isn't even a slap on the wrist!

But that isn't what the rules say. They say point deductions are applied when the Insolvency/breach happens. It has happened when the season is ongoing so apply this season. It could have happened when Franchises were the thing and again no consequences.

if you can't see that then this discussion is a non starter.

2 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

But that isn't what the rules say. They say point deductions are applied when the Insolvency/breach happens. It has happened when the season is ongoing so apply this season. It could have happened when Franchises were the thing and again no consequences.

if you can't see that then this discussion is a non starter.

I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that punishment should be punishment not faux punishment - no matter who the club.

19 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that punishment should be punishment not faux punishment - no matter who the club.

And I'd say that punishment and the need for it are one of the main problems we have as a sport.

On 04/11/2020 at 10:33, Damien said:

I must have missed the howls of complaint 7 years ago that this wasn't applied then. The RFL statement is quite clear about the membership acceptance terms of the new club, on them entering this CVA agreement as a condition of that membership and that they had to fund the CVA of the old company. This certainly was not done so on the basis of this points deduction being in the season when the offence applied. According to this Salford haven't even paid the CVA since 2015:

The terms for the CVA, the Salford Star has understood, were that Salford Council would receive 4/25ths of what it was owed - a total of £253,291 - by 2018, with the rest of the debt - £1.33million – spread until 2038, interest free.

The CVA payments to the Council were to be paid directly to the Council from RFL amounts due to the club from tv rights and stuff. However, in summer 2015, the then City Mayor, Ian Stewart, agreed a payment holiday on the CVA for 17 months, meaning that the club didn't have to pay the Council and other creditors for that period.

The 'holiday' was extended by current City Mayor, Paul Dennett, for a further twelve months, and later 36 months in November 2017, which means that a payment was due this month.*

Given the secrecy from Salford Council and the statement from the RFL that "The CVA has now failed", it must be assumed that the Council has lost this money for good – unless someone can enlighten the Salford Star otherwise...

https://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=5935

I'm not really sure how this compares to the whole Bradford situation and their treatment but it would be interesting to know what the parallels are.

people repeatedly talk about 6 points deduction. the punishment was to take away 3 wins,which were at the expense of 3 other teams who therefore need recompense in some way.easiest would be to give the wins to their opponents. if i am burgled i am entitled to victim recompense,similar logic should prevail

26 minutes ago, derk said:

people repeatedly talk about 6 points deduction. the punishment was to take away 3 wins,which were at the expense of 3 other teams who therefore need recompense in some way.easiest would be to give the wins to their opponents. if i am burgled i am entitled to victim recompense,similar logic should prevail

But they didn't lose the games because of this, they lost on the pitch.

This happened 7 years ago so if your logic follows the wins should have been awarded to whoever lost to Salford in that season. How do you decide which team to award the win to if Salford won more than 3 games. This is a daft argument, maybe we should award Warrington all 3 wins and put them back in the cup?

On 03/11/2020 at 18:30, dkw said:

Oh man, with this and Hull KR "pulling a toronto" I'm now just waiting on finding out Wakefield isn't actually part of the UK and belongs to Indonesia...

I feel like I have been cheated much better weather...

53 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

This is a daft argument, maybe we should award Warrington all 3 wins and put them back in the cup?

The Warrington Guardian has just put their full support behind your initative.

14 minutes ago, Dunedan said:

I feel like I have been cheated much better weather...

I've always felt that way!

And I know some like to roll out Bradford like Liberace's brother George on these occasions but let's get real, the Bulls have nothing to do with this and their treatment was another era and situation. I've never liked points deductions as punishment and this is just another case where I feel completely vindicated.

2 hours ago, Red Willow said:

But they didn't lose the games because of this, they lost on the pitch.

This happened 7 years ago so if your logic follows the wins should have been awarded to whoever lost to Salford in that season. How do you decide which team to award the win to if Salford won more than 3 games. This is a daft argument, maybe we should award Warrington all 3 wins and put them back in the cup?

No, they should have been paying it off for 7 years as per the CVA and subsequent agreements. They've only just defaulted.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

No, they should have been paying it off for 7 years as per the CVA and subsequent agreements. They've only just defaulted.

exactly. the penalty ought to be backdated from now. their last three defeated opponents should be awarded win points

Archived