Rugby AM

5 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I've enjoyed watching these on the proper telly in the corner of the front room. Alex said on tonight's programme that they are stopping it and will do a podcast in it's place. 

It's just the Rugby AM stuff they are stopping. They are continuing but moving into other production markets, presumably having outgrown the limited capacity of RL. Still doing RL stuff though, they produced the new Rhinos's away shirt video for example.

As its topical, Alex mentioned in the show that TWP owe them money for a documentary they produced, but he is nonetheless a big fan of theirs and firmly believes they should be in SL regardless of them getting paid or not.

15 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

It's just the Rugby AM stuff they are stopping. They are continuing but moving into other production markets, presumably having outgrown the limited capacity of RL. Still doing RL stuff though, they produced the new Rhinos's away shirt video for example.

As its topical, Alex mentioned in the show that TWP owe them money for a documentary they produced, but he is nonetheless a big fan of theirs and firmly believes they should be in SL regardless of them getting paid or not.

They've done very well to grow the format into a business, I've been at matches where Alex and their team have been filming and the format has been fantastic, IMHO. What price having it on BBC2 on a wednesday evening across the UK?

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

Not surprised it's stopping because the viewing figures are terrible. As enthusiastic as they may be, it doesn't mean they make a show enough people want to watch, and enthusiasm doesn't always equal a good product.

Fair comment.

I don't know what the viewing figures are, and the Freesports channel is obviously niche, but it's given us content we otherwise wouldn't have had, highlighted projects such as  https://soldiersleague.com and had commentators who know their subject. More of this please on free to air.

7 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Not surprised it's stopping because the viewing figures are terrible. As enthusiastic as they may be, it doesn't mean they make a show enough people want to watch, and enthusiasm doesn't always equal a good product.

According to BARB, Rugby AM made the top 10 shows on Freesports w/e 18th October with an audience of 5,300. On w/e 16th August there was an audience of 4,100. Most weeks it doesn't even make the top 10 watched shows for Freesports.

Mind you, Freesports most watched shows for the last couple of weeks have only attracted around 15,000 viewers, so it's not the most popular of channels.

7 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Gets me when people say Sky or another big station should pick it up. It’s ok and it is what it is but it’s something you watch if there’s nothing on. The stuff they’ve posted the past couple of weeks seems interesting though like the bit they did with Leon Pryce and talking about Toronto. I think the podcast route is the right way to go for them 

It’s not the best programme but given it’s likely a very low budget programme, they do as well as can be expected. Simmons’ heart is in the right place and he’s a big fan of the game but that doesn’t always translate into quality. The less said about the utterly insufferable Wayne Godwin though. 

9 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

They've done very well to grow the format into a business, I've been at matches where Alex and their team have been filming and the format has been fantastic, IMHO. What price having it on BBC2 on a wednesday evening across the UK?

Alex Simmons is very business savvy

On 05/11/2020 at 00:26, RigbyLuger said:

What were the figures? 

I always watched it and its a shame its stopping

One of the few times my wife would look up from her book when I have anything sport related on

On 04/11/2020 at 22:57, voteronniegibbs said:

I've enjoyed watching these on the proper telly in the corner of the front room. Alex said on tonight's programme that they are stopping it and will do a podcast in it's place. 

How long have you been back young fella?

First time I've seen you on here for a while.

'Cause, that could be my eyesight.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived