Fri 6 Nov: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Salford Red Devils KO 5.30pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/20 at 18:00

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets hope both teams end the season with an end to end try-fest.  Sad that we couldn't get game 20 completed v Cas  before the season ended though.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

28 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

3rd option: nobody cares, because no one is relegated, neither team can make the play-offs, and all they can do is cross infect each other.

I care, because I find Rugby League matches entertaining. Unusual, I know, but that's how it is. It's similar to how I can go to a cinema and not think "Meh, she might have won a Golden Globe for it, but the fact that Frances McDormand wasn't facing a relegation battle somehow spoilt it for me."

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

3rd option: nobody cares, because no one is relegated, neither team can make the play-offs, and all they can do is cross infect each other.

Rubbish. I'm sure I'm not alone in caring about every game my club play.  It's frustrating as hell that we can't actually attend these games. 

The wall to wall televised Rugby League since the season restart has been fantastic.  It's gonna be a big let down if we ever return to the normality of just 2 or 3 televised games a week.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

6 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Rubbish. I'm sure I'm not alone in caring about every game my club play.  It's frustrating as hell that we can't actually attend these games. 

The wall to wall televised Rugby League since the season restart has been fantastic.  It's gonna be a big let down if we ever return to the normality of just 2 or 3 televised games a week.

I agree entirely. I hadn't watched super league regularly for a while but since lockdown it has been amazing with some incredible games. 

There is nothing comparable to watch that is as fast or has the ball in play so much.

Tonight was not the same without a game. 

I think salford have been very good this season. I like their style and in my opinion their games have been very entertaining to watch.  

It also seems that after a truly abysmal start ,Trinity are eventually getting their act together and discovering lost form and desire.

Two evenly matched sides that hopefully will provide a great game of rugby league, result to close to call

7 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I think salford have been very good this season. I like their style and in my opinion their games have been very entertaining to watch.  

It also seems that after a truly abysmal start ,Trinity are eventually getting their act together and discovering lost form and desire.

Two evenly matched sides that hopefully will provide a great game of rugby league, result to close to call

I completely agree and I take my hat off to Wakey in particular who , for the good of the game, have played through adversity when, in reality, they have stood little or no chance of being in the end of season reckoning 

Don't get this whole 'there's nothing riding on it, so the match is pointless' rhetroic. There are teams in the Premier League that are in mid table with no prospect of being relegated or mounting a challenge for Europe at the half-way point of the season, maybe even before then. Do their fans switch off? Do their fans not bother going to matches (when they could)? No.

I don't like the idea of artificially ensuring that everyone having something to play for. That's how you end up with bottom half teams in the play-offs. It drives down standards and makes the league worse.

On to the game, let's hope the teams entertain since there is little to lose!

On 05/11/2020 at 13:11, John Boriston said:

Kris Welham's last game for us tonight, he has been great for us, I wish him well at Featherstone.

All the best Kris!

I'm sure I read somewhere that Inu was leaving for Leigh this can't be true surely ?

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Inu was leaving for Leigh this can't be true surely ?

Inu has been star quality since the game recommenced, having a kicker with his accuracy along with his ability to score tries close to the line has kept Salford alive in this strange season.

Now Evalds scores, in his final appearance for the club. Put in unselfishly by Inu, who could have flopped over the line himself.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

BJB try denied by video ref, so it is Wakefield 0:10 Salford after 20-odd minutes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Trin are in! Hampshire scores, but no conversion.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived