Fri 6 Nov: SL: Wigan Warriors v Huddersfield Giants KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/20 at 20:15

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a good side, particularly when it’s dry, and have something tangible to play for. I am relieved to see Manfredi back, and would like us to play George Burgess in place of Greenwood. The Giants have often given us hard games, but I am leaning towards us on the basis of motivation and form. 

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Hopefully a Wigan win  to enable the league leaders shield to be won on the field of play rather than awarding it to a team that refused to fulfill its obligations.

I genuinely find that a strange comment.  Both Saints and "Warriors" have cancelled Catalan games.  Admitedly Saints in the end did not formally have to cancel it.  

A number of clubs have been caught up by Force Majeure.   

It will be interesting to see how the "warriors" turn up after last weeks game.  They do have an incentive.

16 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I genuinely find that a strange comment.  Both Saints and "Warriors" have cancelled Catalan games.  Admitedly Saints in the end did not formally have to cancel it.  

A number of clubs have been caught up by Force Majeure.   

It will be interesting to see how the "warriors" turn up after last weeks game.  They do have an incentive.

No idea on what the Saints situation is so I won't comment but Wigan didn't cancel the game, the RFL did because they required tests/isolation for Wigan so they couldn't play, hence Catalan weren't awarded a 24-0 win in the same way that Warrington were when Salford cancelled their game.

5 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

No idea on what the Saints situation is so I won't comment but Wigan didn't cancel the game, the RFL did because they required tests/isolation for Wigan so they couldn't play, hence Catalan weren't awarded a 24-0 win in the same way that Warrington were when Salford cancelled their game.

A number of clubs had players with covid and testing but still played.  Wigan had players out before a Warrington game, but still played.  But they cancelled the Catalan fixture for the same reason.

So i am not sure I follow what your saying.  To be clear, are you saying that Wigan could not play because their players were not available because they had to be tested? FWIW, it was a 'home' fixture.

Guasch said that Saints refused to travel. He is likely to have even better knowledge than the poster formally known as Oliver (was that poster banned, or is it a schizophrenic issue?). They had been moaning for weeks about ending the season at a point that suited them, so it would be no surprise if they went “nah, soz, lolz”. However, we would have taken the scenario in which we find ourself at the start of the season, and certainly after the first lockdown. Plus, we have played a game fewer than others.

11 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

A number of clubs had players with covid and testing but still played.  Wigan had players out before a Warrington game, but still played.  But they cancelled the Catalan fixture for the same reason.

So i am not sure I follow what your saying.  To be clear, are you saying that Wigan could not play because their players were not available because they had to be tested? FWIW, it was a 'home' fixture.

That's exactly what I'm saying, yes.

At those other teams those Covid cases came from outside, so only those affected players had to be put into isolation and way from the team.

Wigans came from a medical staff member who all the players had been in close contact so the entire team had to stay away from each other until tests could be done; the timing of this meant the game couldn't be played and I'm fairly sure that decision wasn't made by Wigan but by the RFL, hence why Catalans weren't awarded a win; that's in line with what happened in other games. 

Salford were specific that their cancelling of the Warrington game wasn't because of Covid but because of injury so, in line with a rule that's much older than this year, if a team concedes a game by not being able to field a team, they lose 24-0. Anyway, that's all I'll say on the matter, don't want it turning into a Covid post more than it already has.

I think Wigan will be well up for this and confident after last week. Looks to be fairly dry so should suit the likes of Bevan French but Huddersfield are more than capable of beating Wigan.

20 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Hopefully a Wigan win  to enable the league leaders shield to be won on the field of play rather than awarding it to a team that refused to fulfill its obligations.

Meow.

9 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

That's exactly what I'm saying, yes.

At those other teams those Covid cases came from outside, so only those affected players had to be put into isolation and way from the team.

Wigans came from a medical staff member who all the players had been in close contact so the entire team had to stay away from each other until tests could be done; the timing of this meant the game couldn't be played and I'm fairly sure that decision wasn't made by Wigan but by the RFL, hence why Catalans weren't awarded a win; that's in line with what happened in other games. 

Salford were specific that their cancelling of the Warrington game wasn't because of Covid but because of injury so, in line with a rule that's much older than this year, if a team concedes a game by not being able to field a team, they lose 24-0. Anyway, that's all I'll say on the matter, don't want it turning into a Covid post more than it already has.

I think Wigan will be well up for this and confident after last week. Looks to be fairly dry so should suit the likes of Bevan French but Huddersfield are more than capable of beating Wigan.

You may be right.  But coukd not the game be played the next day?  My thought at the time was that medical staff were not available.

But to me if players are not available for any reason to do with health and injury, it ought to be postponed.

People call it a 'hubcap', but this has been a tremendous race for the shield and I hope the game is befitting of such an exciting title race.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Barca Mum said:

Chris Kendall in the middle game set match to the pie men 😀

Ken Arthurson and Bobby Fulton would be proud of you.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, andyscoot said:

Not sure about that one...

Why?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Looked held up to me. Only just, but held up.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived