Fri 6 Nov: SL: Wigan Warriors v Huddersfield Giants KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/20 at 20:15

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackson Hastings still evasive on his future plans.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I looked at the cold drizzle behind him when being interviewed

I then thought about how it's November with the freezing cold months to come.

I then thought about the lockdown.

I then thought about Sydney beaches going into their summer and big crowds watching NRL

I know what I'd do

14 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He's better at it than his agent.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Congrats to the pies they did enough to win and got another 10 - 15 mins out of G Burgess. Shudds didn't look to have enough point's in them to ever take the game, what they threw at the pies was easily delt with, if they didn't have Sezer they really would struggle on attack.

4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I looked at the cold drizzle behind him when being interviewed

I then thought about how it's November with the freezing cold months to come.

I then thought about the lockdown.

I then thought about Sydney beaches going into their summer and big crowds watching NRL

I know what I'd do

But Australia play in the Winter.

6 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

A number of clubs had players with covid and testing but still played.  Wigan had players out before a Warrington game, but still played.  But they cancelled the Catalan fixture for the same reason.

So i am not sure I follow what your saying.  To be clear, are you saying that Wigan could not play because their players were not available because they had to be tested? FWIW, it was a 'home' fixture.

Was it players or 3 backroom staff who coukd have been the cleaner and tea ladies for all we know

18 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Congrats to the pies they did enough to win and got another 10 - 15 mins out of G Burgess. Shudds didn't look to have enough point's in them to ever take the game, what they threw at the pies was easily delt with, if they didn't have Sezer they really would struggle on attack.

You could say the same about any club?

Can't fault the effort of our lads, but we've been coming up short for a few weeks now and tonight was no different.

We defended very well for most parts but Wigan, with Hastings had that bit of extra class to do what we couldn't, break them down.

Extremely pleased for Ronan to get his debut , knowing him personally and how hard he's worked and how committed he's been since he came over, it was a just reward for him, chuffed to bits and he didn't let us down.

Well done to Wigan and bring on Leeds next week 😁

29 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Was it players or 3 backroom staff who coukd have been the cleaner and tea ladies for all we know

One of the backroom staff was someone who was in close contact with lots of players, it wasn't the positives that was the problem it was the contacts.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

37 minutes ago, langpark said:

I have the same question. Did he get much game time? How did he go??

Ronan came on at about the 55 minute mark, and either made the tackle or was part of the tackle in 4-5 of Wigan's next set of six. Looks enthusiastic, aggressive and powerful.

More game time and integration into the team, and he could be a real problem player.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, meast said:

Looked hungry and busy, put himself about in defence and had a couple of decent carries.

He had about 15 minutes I think in all.

no he did try very hard doing 4 tackles on the trot when he first came on after that nothing.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

9 minutes ago, langpark said:

Any chance of him cementing a spot in the team next season?

The coaches seem to think there is mortar come from him.

Hudds have some good young players and have given them opportunities in the last couple of years, so we'll see whether Ronan gets some time in the squad fairly regularly. I would guess he'll be blooded pretty gradually. Let's hear it for the Balbriggan Bull!

Archived