• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only good thing that can come out of this is that SKY SPORTS up the offer (For all we know it maybe a planted story from a PR company) BT for advertisers is not popular and unless the money is considerably more would be a backwards step not to mention that we would lose BBC Highlights and the vast International coverage that SKY brings.

Paul

7 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Is bt sports partners with channel 5 or do channel 5 have the rights to games and highlights for the other rugby? 

I think BT have partnered with both Channel 5 and Channel 4 in the past.

I cant honestly see a bidding war breaking out for SL, sadly.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

More to what than what?

More to a report in a newspaper than just filling up page space, given that the Rugby Union TV deal with BT ends next Summer and with them threatening to start their own subscription service to watch games. It could, providing RU goes it alone, be an opening within their schedule that could possibly be filled by Rugby League from 2022 and beyond. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

More to a report in a newspaper than just filling up page space, given that the Rugby Union TV deal with BT ends next Summer and with them threatening to start their own subscription service to watch games. It could, providing RU goes it alone, be an opening within their schedule that could possibly be filled by Rugby League from 2022 and beyond. 

Sorry I read the article and couldn't see why I was there, of all places! But there is no doubt thatcompetition for SL/RL rights would be a good thing for the sport.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Other than the fact that the two sports’ seasons are at different times of the year, I like it. 

23 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

(For all we know it maybe a planted story from a PR company)

Paul

Chris Chester tried to get Jeremy Cross to run with it at The Daily Star 1st but for some reason he refused.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Other than the fact that the two sports’ seasons are at different times of the year, I like it. 

Domestic Rugby Union and Domestic Rugby League both play throughout January (our last few seasons have started in Jan), February, March, April, May, August, September and October. Depending on the details of any possible deal, you can throw in November too if BT were to show International Rugby League. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well if anyone from BTs Sports department is scanning these pages... I for one would change to BT if they got the SL rights.

Saying that I haven't bought Gillette razors since they stopped sponsorship of the GB / England RL team......

Me too

I think being on BT Sport would be great actually, Sky is so tired it hurts

I fear we are getting close to the last chance saloon.

Should such a deal materialise,someone needs to make some strategic decisions on make up of the league,minimum standards in terms of grounds,support,viability(and penalties/removal for not achieving them.)

Do we have any leadership or strategic view? I just dont see it. Just muddle through until the next crisis.

p.s. I hear Hull KR would vote to remove Catalans to save a few bob on travel !

I'd be happy to see it go to BT. I think there's a perception that we're beholden to Sky (probably because we are) and any threat to leave is just posturing which doesn't help our negotiating position.

Moving to BT would signal to Sky that we were serious and would count in our favour the next time the rights were up for tender, we could spark an actual bidding war. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

18 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well if anyone from BTs Sports department is scanning these pages... I for one would change to BT if they got the SL rights.

Saying that I haven't bought Gillette razors since they stopped sponsorship of the GB / England RL team......

Did you also trade in your new Jag for a Dacia?

10 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Me too

I think being on BT Sport would be great actually, Sky is so tired it hurts

I don't wish to dampen what is potentially good news, but do you really see the production/presentation getting much better, even if it was on BT? RU on BT isn't much better than SL's on Sky IMHO. Presenters/Pundits would probably be recycled from the BBC, similar to what they do with football. 

If the money is better then i'm all for it, but I have doubts we'll see much change overall. All that said, if it gets rid of Baz and Tez and that god awful 'Try music' i'll be happy. 

Archived