Challenge cup 2021

Noticed in a report that it could be unlikely that the community teams will be entered into the competition this year. Not surprising really, however it's something that I'm sure all competing teams enjoy playing in and will surely be a miss for all. 

1 hour ago, topcentre21 said:

Bit surprised at that because lower tier teams have been in the FA cup as normal

But they having been playing regular league games too, which the community game in rugby league haven't.

1 hour ago, topcentre21 said:

I know but i think its abit early to say no community clubs will be entered

It's a bit late, entries for the draw usually close in November

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

I think it's all about timing, no one knows when the game of rugby league can recommence, the league season for community teams has been put back until april on paper, and with the challenge cup usually starting January/February time, I think the authorities don't realistically think the game could be up and running in those early months. So easy decision therefore is to rule out the community clubs from the off for ease of running the competition as smoothly as can be. 

Obviously disappointing for all concerned but probably for the best really. The fact is, no one knows what's going to happen come 2021.

• 1 month later...
On 08/11/2020 at 12:56, topcentre21 said:

Bit surprised at that because lower tier teams have been in the FA cup as normal

True but most Regional and county leagues across England and now Wales have been suspended.

Archived