Elite 1 Update

audois

14 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Your protégé Marty made quite an impression! 

Pity he didn't catch the pass to score the third, really happy for lucas cuellar the sub hooker, he's been training hard for 2 years with the first team and finally got a chance. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The competitions two undefeated sides so far Carcassonne and Villeneuve (pic below) had struggles this past weekend with the two bottom sides, TO Elite basket cases last couple of years making progress. Won two out of 4 games and only -21 points difference. They took 40 at Lezignan OK Sunday but FCL had knotched up the same forty points or more away at Avignon and Limoux earlier.

The derby at Lezignan next coming weekend promises a lot I think. Shame there’s no crowd. Will viàOccitanie cover it I wonder? A re-look Stade Moulin to be on show after the fire which destroyed the main stand. Simon and Lucas Albert with the Canaris. Cardace, Guasch, Marginet, Margelet,Stacul, Moa, Maria with FCL- all ex-Dragons players. Up front add on Mullally,Tuilagi and Lolo in the mix too.

121502538_684072738888007_7137083868966190304_n.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 04/12/2020 at 18:58, audois said:

The big news though this week is the return to Avignon of the former Featherstone half-back Louis Jouffret. Joining up with his father Christopher – the former CEO at the Dragons who is now part of their administration.

Obviously the family bit makes sense and with Covid etc it's no surprise he's gone back to France but I thought Jouffret might have ended up at London - they are in desperate need of half backs, they could have offered him full time and in one of the last games before lockdown he ripped them apart for Featherstone. Jouffret's a decent player and was shaping well at Fev.

1 hour ago, audois said:

The competitions two undefeated sides so far Carcassonne and Villeneuve (pic below) had struggles this past weekend with the two bottom sides, TO Elite basket cases last couple of years making progress. Won two out of 4 games and only -21 points difference. They took 40 at Lezignan OK Sunday but FCL had knotched up the same forty points or more away at Avignon and Limoux earlier.

The derby at Lezignan next coming weekend promises a lot I think. Shame there’s no crowd. Will viàOccitanie cover it I wonder? A re-look Stade Moulin to be on show after the fire which destroyed the main stand. Simon and Lucas Albert with the Canaris. Cardace, Guasch, Marginet, Margelet,Stacul, Moa, Maria with FCL- all ex-Dragons players. Up front add on Mullally,Tuilagi and Lolo in the mix too.

Great post Audois. 

Would you say the quality of the Elite has risen since the inception of Catalan? Lots of former full time players going back into the national league. 

4 hours ago, barnyia said:

Lezignan play carcassonne this weekend, should be a very good game 

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

And LIMOUXIN play VILLENEUVE  so it's 2nd vs 4th also. Some good games this weekend, let's hope one is on the Youtube

Excellent news ... really look forward to these matches!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

11 hours ago, eal said:

I have really enjoyed watching games from France. France truly is a rugby league heartland that is criminally neglected by the RL world.

I agree with you.

The more I think about it, the more I'm becoming convinced we should bring more French teams into the ''European Super League'' and behave as one organisation and move towards an England v France State of Origin Series (as mentioned elsewhere).

After all, the combined area of Uk and France is only just a bit bigger than New South Wales. 

Maybe we should ask Peter V'landys to appoint someone to run it. 

23 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Great post Audois. 

Would you say the quality of the Elite has risen since the inception of Catalan? Lots of former full time players going back into the national league. 

I  think so, yes. MacNamara believes the competion is improving too. Also ex-Dragons players coaching presently at Palau (Elima),  Lezignan (Cologni), St Esteve (Murphy) and Avignon (Guigue).Houles played SL at London Broncos and Wakefield I think.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

2 hours ago, audois said:

I  think so, yes. MacNamara believes the competion is improving too. Also ex-Dragons players coaching presently at Palau (Elima),  Lezignan (Cologni), St Esteve (Murphy) and Avignon (Guigue).Houles played SL at London Broncos and Wakefield I think.

Raguin at toulouse too. 

6 hours ago, eal said:

The big fear is that having 3-4 French sides in England competitions will decimate any local competitions in France. I'm not really sure what the best course of action is for the French game. 

It's possible it could have the opposite effect, bringing more interest (both here and in France).

It might have to be done gradually but I was really just plotting a course towards it, not saying we should do it next season.

St gaudens v palau on via occitane at 16h, catalans v albi off because of covid , lezignan v carcassonne on lezignan Facebook at 3pm 

Limoux v Villeneuve on limoux you tube on Saturday i think but will need to check, 19th Avignon v carcassonne on via occitane 

All french time 

Just checked 15h Sunday limoux v Villeneuve 

2 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Limoux game called off due to water logged pitch. It's been raining hard for the last couple of days 

Raining down here over the border (Arrived Monday) has been horrible but SUN forecast tomorrow so will go to the beach for a December swim (Managed December 26/27/28th 2 years ago:) bloody cold for around a min then the adrenaline rush as one warms up is fab even managed to dry off in 10 mins afterwards on the beach:)

Really enjoyed that, Palau fought hard and were unlucky to have that try disallowed, for being deemed a 2 on 1 strip. (Approx 73rd minute)

They should have at least drawn it, that easy conversion miss hurt them, because they had penalties afterwards right in front and could have just taken the two. Oh well, hopefully their first win is not far away. 

Archived