Elite 1 Update

audois

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Gaudens 14-10 Palau

Lezignan 20-16 Carcassonne

Toulouse Elite 10-36 Avignon

Just three encounters with Limoux-Villeneuve called off by heavy rain up the Aude valley while the coranvirus saw off Albi's visit to St Esteve. The Aude derby was everything the locals expected. FCL dominated the first period leading 16-0 at the break with Canaris fighting back second period. With 5 minutes remaining the scores could have been level if Herrero could have converted winger Gambaro's second try. The Aude derbys should in themselves make for the season.

Yesterday in very wet weather up in the Pyrenees St Gaudens won a water-fest against Palau with both sides giving their all. Today at Toulouse the locals found the re-invigorated Avignon just too much. The young TO reserves behind at the break 16-0 made a fist of it second half with a couple scores 16-10 but fell away late on. This evening the 3 Aude clubs are still on the podium.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

15 minutes ago, audois said:

St Gaudens 14-10 Palau

Lezignan 20-16 Carcassonne

Toulouse Elite 10-36 Avignon

Just three encounters with Limoux-Villeneuve called off by heavy rain up the Aude valley while the coranvirus saw off Albi's visit to St Esteve. The Aude derby was everything the locals expected. FCL dominated the first period leading 16-0 at the break with Canaris fighting back second period. With 5 minutes remaining the scores could have been level if Herrero could have converted winger Gambaro's second try. The Aude derbys should in themselves make for the season.

Yesterday in very wet weather up in the Pyrenees St Gaudens won a water-fest against Palau with both sides giving their all. Today at Toulouse the locals found the re-invigorated Avignon just too much. The young TO reserves behind at the break 16-0 made a fist of it second half with a couple scores 16-10 but fell away late on. This evening the 3 Aude clubs are still on the podium.

Gambaro was once on the dragons books wasn’t he?

Another great game today. If you only watch NRL or SL, I think you will enjoy this. It is clearly a lower standard but still good footy and I just love some if the unconvential stuff that you see.

I also take my hat off to the French Fed and Elite 1 teams for persisting with the season. Hopefully we get Elite 2 back on soon too. 

Simon and Moa very disappointing... Anthony mullaly is a big guy for sure but so many flaws in his game he isn't one to keep hold of the ball that's for sure. 

Drodrolagi on the other hand takes so many hit ups its hard not to be amazed. Big guy putting out some work. 

I was at the game so could see the full picture not just the tv angles but i disagree, for me simon was carcassonnes best forward, moa was solid and got through alot of work in defence i was very  impressed by lézignans two kiwis wesley and john who had alot of game time, Anthony ors scares me the way he just chops everyone down with very hard leg tackles and puts his head where he shouldn't! The Fijian took the ball up but was dominated in every tackle, gouzy is getting stronger and stronger every game. 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

I was at the game so could see the full picture not just the tv angles but i disagree, for me simon was carcassonnes best forward, moa was solid and got through alot of work in defence i was very  impressed by lézignans two kiwis wesley and john who had alot of game time, Anthony ors scares me the way he just chops everyone down with very hard leg tackles and puts his head where he shouldn't! The Fijian took the ball up but was dominated in every tackle, gouzy is getting stronger and stronger every game. 

Can gouzy make the step up to championship or SL? 

Lucas Albert showed some flashes of class today. 

Gouzy is very green, but improving every week, he's very quick but it takes a while for signals to get to his brain. Cracking lad and an outside chance for the french team i reckon. 

Lucas showed some flashes on a very heavy field, 

I thought Tuilagi decent too. Will need time to adjust. Lucas Albert was good second half. Impressed by the quality of the streaming. Not far off ViàOccitanie level. Good interview too post-match with the new president Luc Lacoste. New floodlights look good as well. Some people viewing from above in the corner which is along standing feature at Moulin!

The lad from Villefranche Talisa on loan impressive. Good catch for the Aveyron team. Won't be many better forwards than him in Elite 2.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

2 hours ago, audois said:

I thought Tuilagi decent too. Will need time to adjust. Lucas Albert was good second half. Impressed by the quality of the streaming. Not far off ViàOccitcanie level. Good interview too post-match with the new president Luc Lacoste. New floodlights look good as well. Some people viewing from above in the corner which is along standing feature at Moulin!

The lad from Villefranche Talisa on loan impressive. Good catch for the Aveyron team. Won't be many better forwards than him in Elite 2.

I remember Gordon the local gypsy player around 15 years ago who played for Lezignan all the local gitanes used to watch the match from that corner LOL:)

Paul

In these extraordinary times we have seen extraordinary changes here with the local daily broadsheet newpaper ‘L Independant’ giving far more coverage to the treize than it’s done in years. Presently the dominate code by some distance - rugby union has just two full-time teams playing USC and USAP Pro 2 from Carcassonne and Perpignan respectively. The treize has 5 teams operating viz Palau, St Esteve,Lezignan, Limoux and Carcassonne. Full page coverages for match reports and build-ups plus helped by other stories like TO and the new Federation President as add on’s.

The exposition of streaming too with viàOccitcanie leading the way has further shaken up the game too. An unbelieveable scenario in a time when fans were kept at home.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Makes keeping Tolouse out look even more baffling

No really they set the stall out with the criteria and more or less everyone thought it would be one of the M62 crowd who'd get the nod.

And French media weren't among the things the the decision was based upon.

Admittedly they would've had the edge if L'Independent had been a focus.

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Any games this weekend?

Hope so!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Makes keeping Tolouse out look even more baffling but hopefully they go up so the game gets all year round coverage in France. 

It does, but it will work out for the best if they get promoted next season. 

5 hours ago, langpark said:

Does anyone know where Toulouse plan to play next season?  I hope they persist with their plans to play at Ernest Wallon, I know their crowds will look small in there, but it will give them an extra motivation to get bigger crowds along.

They share definitly ernest wallon. 

Archived