Elite 1 Update

audois

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Yeah. Tried to break up the fight. As far as I'm aware only the Miloudis and Ribas threw punches. Might review footage though 

I will be very disappointed if no bans are handed out. I've gone back and watched a few times and it was 3 of them pummeling the one guy on the ground, twice. Once when it first happened, then again once they dragged him out of the pile and one if the Palau guys was jumping around like a maniac swinging at anything that moved. He definitely needs a spell on the sidelines, it just get more disgraceful ever time i watch.

Initial tackle was horrific, but still.

6 minutes ago, langpark said:

I will be very disappointed if no bans are handed out. I've gone back and watched a few times and it was 3 of them pummeling the one guy on the ground, twice. Once when it first happened, then again once they dragged him out of the pile and one if the Palau guys was jumping around like a maniac swinging at anything that moved. He definitely needs a spell on the sidelines, it just get more disgraceful ever time i watch.

Initial tackle was horrific, but still.

The maniac is Hakim Miloudi. Swung at Vailhen first, went in again after he was pulled out then punched Baby and ultimately slapped Rougé. 

1 minute ago, langpark said:

They've done a great job hiding it, haven't they??  After a bit of digging I found it, but I think you then need to sign up to the website in order to watch it.  So I didn't bother and am just watching Lezignan instead.

https://bit.ly/37ym3aX

Nah, that's not it. That's a dodgy site. Thanks anyway 

Round 6

St Esteve 30-22 Palau

Albi 20-12 Limoux

Avignon 12-2-38 Carcasonne

Lezignan 46-6 St Gaudens

Villenveuve/Lot 42-16 TO Elite

4th time out of six rounds all games completed positive for the comp. Villeneuve still the only undefeated team but have only played 4 times while Palau rest the only side not to register a win but take solace with three bonus points chalked up. With Albi earning their first success against a much depleted Limoux out-fit leaves the the Catalans minnows still to break their duck.

The Catalan derby a feisty afare to say the least. After the fighting - things settled down. The young Dragons reservists came into their own after the break. 18 yr old half back Rouge continues to show up scoring a fine individual try and then putting centre Laguerre threw a hole for a try. The latter - one of the quartet of young professionals in the Dragons squad on show here - is also starting to make a mark. Where has the winger Zenon appeared from ? He’s not presently listed in there squad – did alright too.

Carcassonne impressive in winning comfortably up in Provence against Avignon even without injured skipper Escamilla, A hat-trick of tries from Alberola the key and another decent effort from Tuilagi up-front leaving them still leading the peloton. Lezignon close on their heals a point behind after putting St Gaudens through the mill The visitors 30-0 down by the break – former Dragons winger doing the job at full back for FCL Cardace a class act claimed 4 tries. USV now on the podium after a comfortable home win against Toulouse reserves who regardless still show improvement- with lively hooker Bouscayrol impressive with his 6th try of the season.

Be interesting to see what was discussed around the Castany breakfast table in Perpignan Sunday ! Bruno Castany played half-back against the Dragons reservers while his dad is in charge of the Youth Development at Stade Gilbert Brutus.

bruno-castany-pere-et-fils-219x300.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

56 minutes ago, audois said:

Lezignan 46-6 St Gaudens

Wow! It was 36-0 at HT when I stopped watching, they must have really taken their foot off the gas in the 2nd half. Lezignan were very impressive.

Does anyone know who the Kiwi/Pacific-looking guy was playing for St Gaudens (mostly at fullback)? He was class and their only real spark in attack while I was watching. 

Minga was playing centte, against the 17 year old Thibault marty, 

Another u19 pierre monteil made his debut replacing cardace at full back after 55 mins, he's normally a half back though. Even though hes very small i have to remind him that he doesn't play prop as he loves a hit uo in his own half! 

Archived