Elite 1 Update

audois

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

A few!  Cardace is still a smart player.

Lezignan scrum half having a very good game but Palau are a shambles today.

The new coach is over coaching. Even in the warm up. He's distracting the players by giving tips all the time even with the ball in play good tips bit distracting the players. . But Palau are ill disciplined as always.

Cardace doesn't want another crack at super League. 

1 minute ago, barnyia said:

The new coach is over coaching. Even in the warm up. He's distracting the players by giving tips all the time even with the ball in play good tips bit distracting the players. . But Palau are ill disciplined as always.

Cardace doesn't want another crack at super League. 

I agree but that’s the person the coach is.

No, I don’t personally think Damien is or wants that level now but still shows some smart stuff.  

3 hours ago, fcl said:

Direct link Lezignan vs Palau now 

https://www.facebook.com/fcl13/videos/405486307348341

Thank you very much for posting this direct link. i'm really enjoying the game. 

7 minutes ago, fcl said:

thank you. on average 650/700 viewers. already more than 8000 views in total. messages from Australia, England and Greece

Which is the way forward You Tube channel for FRL matches dead cheap and once the word is out there one can easily build the on-line viewing to 30/50000 🙂

I LIKE IT:)

the company that produces our broadcasts (and those of Carcassonne) should develop its solution with simultaneous broadcasting on facebook and youtube.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

youtube is not a social network and the direct one would lose in virality. broadcast live on youtube only interests people who are already interested

Only criticism of the coverage is camera losing the ball at times, especially as at least one time was as try being scored ! Was it one cameraman with 2 cameras ? (Before you ask, it's two cameras on a 'crossbar' one with set zoom, other manned by cameraman that zooms in and out - used similar for games filmed for couple of clubs.)

Palau poor and seemed to have no plan beyond one up the middle. Looked like a game of grip at times with some poor tackling from both sides. FCL good for the win but thought they had at least 70 points in them at half time.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

5 hours ago, BJW said:

(Before you ask, it's two cameras on a 'crossbar' one with set zoom, other manned by cameraman that zooms in and out - used similar for games filmed for couple of clubs.

Looked like a game of grip at times with some poor tackling from both sides.

Only saw the first quarter. The first try was one of these where because of the two things you mention (tight camera shot and flimsy tackling), it wasn`t clear the scorer was over the line.

If livestreaming is the future, clubs and leagues really need to sort out the technicalities. I`ve given up in frustration on a number of games from various parts of the world because the coverage, particularly camera angles, made it unwatchable.

the production of these matches cost us around £ 1000. I find that for this price the quality is more than acceptable.Remember that the clubs budget is limited and there is no more money for tickets, refreshments, lotteries etc

Most clubs don't make the effort to pay a company to film and the quality is very inferior.

30 minutes ago, fcl said:

I find that for this price the quality is more than acceptable.

Yes but that doesn't allow for being picky, dismissive and miserable about something provided for free, which is the TGG Way!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

43 minutes ago, fcl said:

the production of these matches cost us around £ 1000. I find that for this price the quality is more than acceptable.Remember that the clubs budget is limited and there is no more money for tickets, refreshments, lotteries etc

Most clubs don't make the effort to pay a company to film and the quality is very inferior.

Thank you for going to the trouble and expense. Perhaps you should explore the virtual ticket concept? Stream is still free, but everyone watching can pay a few euros for a 'virtual ticket. Let's say you charged €2.50 for it, then if half of the people that tuned in yesterday bought one, you would have covered production costs. I know there is know guarantee people will support it, but I know a lot would, and there is nothing to lose by trying it. 

Lezignan set up a crowd fund, but got slated by a lot of people for asking for money to help pay the costs, saying they signed sam moa just after starting the crowd fund. Which has nothing to do with the crowd fund. The club do a great job to get the budget they have. 

36 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Yes but that doesn't allow for being picky, dismissive and miserable about something provided for free, which is the TGG Way!

Or offering suggestions on how it could be improved and attract/keep viewers ! If you were watching a programme on, say, BBC or SKY and were unhappy with an element would you keep quiet ? I like the coverage but believe it could be improved at zero extra cost. May be the cameraman had little experience of covering our sport and as he/she covers more will learn the nuances.

1 hour ago, fcl said:

Was meant as advice rather than criticism as enjoyed the coverage but perhaps (a) inexperienced camera person or (b) bad production choice - chose wrong camera or (c) need to move camera position ? Surprised it costs £1000 per match as covered number of clubs (from SL down) and know what it cost me and they pay/paid.

2 hours ago, RS said:

Stated teams 

8240380F-5E46-485D-8750-9DA89A6551D8.jpeg

Australian full back Santos has returned then. Kyle Trout from Hull KR on debut today. Should help them. CXiii without Tuilagi. Godinet ex-Wakefield first for Villeneuve this season against St Gaudens today - missed him big time last week

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

2pm today and you can get on them via the club’s Facebook pages or sometimes their YouTube channel 

Facebook pages 

xiii Limoux

Carcassonne xiii

FFR xiii - Federation.... if you search that you should hit the French League page 

Archived