Elite 1 Update

audois

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Got any quotes from the complete works of Spit the Dog?

No, just the CD he released of highlights from The Sound Of Mucus ! 

However, Spit the Dog was the creation of Bob Carolgees, John Gorman merely a recipient of the creatures 'attentions'.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

3 minutes ago, langpark said:

No matches this weekend, right?

None as positive Covid test in Albi squad so isolating.

8 hours ago, BJW said:

However, Spit the Dog was the creation of Bob Carolgees, John Gorman merely a recipient of the creatures 'attentions'.

I`m aware of that. Guilt by Saturday morning association.

I was more of a Swap Shop child. Although in the comparable contemporary defining dichotomy, I preferred Magpie to Blue Peter. Simple explanation - Jenny Hanley.

10 hours ago, BJW said:

None as positive Covid test in Albi squad so isolating.

Oh wow. So mo Elite 1 matches! O didn't realise, thought it was just the one game cancelled. Nightmare. I'm going to have to clean the car out, or talk to the kids, or something then !

28 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

Oh wow. So mo Elite 1 matches! O didn't realise, thought it was just the one game cancelled. Nightmare. I'm going to have to clean the car out, or talk to the kids, or something then !

It's the catch up weekend. 

36 minutes ago, barnyia said:

It's the catch up weekend. 

Thats a shame was looking forward to one its become my Saturday afternoon relaxation at home 12 mile country walk followed by 1/2 Elite matches.

Back over next week Barnyia I will let you know how the meeting goes I am taking the train from St Pancras to Paris then Paris to Perpignan (Lucky I have the Spanish family residence)

Paul

I just watched this great interview!  What a shame France (women) are in the same group as Aus and NZ at the World Cup.  Fair to say, they have no chance of progressing past the group stage, I just hope they can put up some resistance and their scorelines are respectable.  Against Cook Islands, do they have a chance of winning perhaps?

t a

33 minutes ago, langpark said:

I just watched this great interview!  What a shame France (women) are in the same group as Aus and NZ at the World Cup.  Fair to say, they have no chance of progressing past the group stage, I just hope they can put up some resistance and their scorelines are respectable.  Against Cook Islands, do they have a chance of winning perhaps?

t a

Cook Islands narrowly beat England in the 2017 WC, so they`ll start favourites.

On the plus side, the last major French women`s RL game was the 2019 final between Toulouse and Catalanes, where there was a tangible improvement in quality on previous years. So they were moving in the right direction.

Problem for the French now, likewise England, is that unless things change pretty quickly, they won`t have played much for two years by Nov 2021.

One thing Laureane didn`t mention is that her 2019 Easts Tigers season was also cut short when she picked up a bad leg injury. She had to return home to France to do her rehab. Such are the perils for women RL players when they run out of money and luck. 

9 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Cook Islands narrowly beat England in the 2017 WC, so they`ll start favourites.

On the plus side, the last major French women`s RL game was the 2019 final between Toulouse and Catalanes, where there was a tangible improvement in quality on previous years. So they were moving in the right direction.

Problem for the French now, likewise England, is that unless things change pretty quickly, they won`t have played much for two years by Nov 2021.

One thing Laureane didn`t mention is that her 2019 Easts Tigers season was also cut short when she picked up a bad leg injury. She had to return home to France to do her rehab. Such are the perils for women RL players when they run out of money and luck. 

Interesting.  I suppose she does have time on her side though, she's still young.

I think the French women did briefly return to action in mid-2020.  Not sure how many matches were played, but I think I saw some activity on social media.  You are right though, it is a big blow for France and England, who were already up against it.

10 hours ago, langpark said:

I think the French women did briefly return to action in mid-2020.  Not sure how many matches were played, but I think I saw some activity on social media.  You are right though, it is a big blow for France and England, who were already up against it.

There was the Toulouges 9s in October. This was intended as the prelude to the new season but, as far as I`m aware, only a single game (Catalanes v Lescure) was played before the French government announced the return to lockdown.

I rhetorically asked on another thread why in both France and England women`s RU activity seems to be continuing when all RL is on hold. More money around, maybe?

In France the players need to be classed as top level or pro/semi pro. But with the cost of weekly testing I'm not sure the clubs could afford it. My u19s almost carried on but we didn't for some reason (probably the cost of tests). The union U19s and u23 elite have carried on. In Narbonne union  the two younger teams carried on but the first team had to stop. 

On 18/01/2021 at 03:10, audois said:

Good set of results today

Limoux 26-28 Carcassonne 

Avignon 14-20 St Esteve

Toulouse Elite 16-24 Albi 

Villeneuve/Lot 30-26 St Gaudens

Can you tell me whether Toulouse Elite and St Esteve have connections to Toulouse Olympic and Catalan Dragons or are they association by name only? Pardon my lack of French rl knowledge.

10 hours ago, Omott91 said:

Can you tell me whether Toulouse Elite and St Esteve have connections to Toulouse Olympic and Catalan Dragons or are they association by name only? Pardon my lack of French rl knowledge.

They're the reserve teams 

Full set of games this weekend. Catalans on Saturday v Villeneuve on their YouTube channel.. Carcassonne on a live stream on sunday via Facebook versus St Gaudens I think. Lézignan go to Albi. 

47 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Full set of games this weekend. Catalans on Saturday v Villeneuve on their YouTube channel.. Carcassonne on a live stream on sunday via Facebook versus at Gaudens I think. Lézignan go to Albi. 

Alan it s Toulouse Elite at Domec. 1st game there since 14th November. Seven games away on the bounce from Carcassonne.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

31/01/2021 CARCASSONNE XIII trans.png   15:00   BroncosBleu.png TOULOUSE XIII BRONCOS STADE ALBERT DOMEC
31/01/2021 RACING CLUB ST GAUDENS XIII LogoSaint-Gaudens.png   15:00   logo13limouxin.jpg XIII LIMOUXIN STADE DU SAUDET
31/01/2021 PALAU XIII BRONCOS Palau_Broncos_PRINT.png   15:00   logo%20SOA.png SPORTING OLYMPIQUE AVIGNONNAIS XIII STADE GEORGES VAILLS
30/01/2021 ST ESTEVE XIII CATALAN SAINT_ESTEVE_XIII_CATALAN_DERNIER.png   15:00   LOGO%20Villeneuve%20XIII.jpg VILLENEUVE XIII RUGBY LEAGUE STADE MUNICIPAL
30/01/2021 ALBI RUGBY LEAGUE XIII logoarl.jpg   16:30   FCLXIII.png FC LEZIGNAN XIII STADE MAZICOU

21 hours ago, barnyia said:

Full set of games this weekend. Catalans on Saturday v Villeneuve on their YouTube channel.. Carcassonne on a live stream on sunday via Facebook versus St Gaudens I think. Lézignan go to Albi. 

No more games on Via Occitane free to air??

Archived