Elite 1 Update

audois

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Does anyone know the date and location of the 2021 final?

Be interested in going this year, dependent on the Covid situation of course.

It's the weekend of19/20 June. The new set-up haven't decided where?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

It's the weekend of19/20 June. The new set-up haven't decided where?

Hi Audois back over here,  have a meeting on Tuesday (Will be on zoom now due to travel restrictions) what a trip.

London to Paris (Missed the train to Perpignan by 1 minute as the Eurostar was 30 mins late:(

Paris to Montpelier

Montpelier to Perpignan 

Overnight hotel

Perpignan to Port Bou (The old line as no trains to Barcelona until the afternoon) was a very enjoyable early morning train trip I havant been on the old line for years.

Taxi Port Bou to home in Perelada 🙂

Paul

19 hours ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

It was ment to be Narbonne RU last year wasnt it ? Cracking ground and place. 

Is that the one with the athletics track round it (Stade d'Honneur ?) Nice little ground as been to previous final there (Villeneuve v IIRC St Esteve).

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

11 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

yes thats the one 12 000 capacity and easy access from both city centre and motorway.

For anybody planning trip there, nice walk along the Canal de Midi into town. Side fact, stadium was used for training by number of Caribbean teams before Barcelona Olympics.

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Hi Audois back over here,  have a meeting on Tuesday (Will be on zoom now due to travel restrictions) what a trip.

London to Paris (Missed the train to Perpignan by 1 minute as the Eurostar was 30 mins late:(

Paris to Montpelier

Montpelier to Perpignan 

Overnight hotel

Perpignan to Port Bou (The old line as no trains to Barcelona until the afternoon) was a very enjoyable early morning train trip I havant been on the old line for years.

Taxi Port Bou to home in Perelada 🙂

Paul

Nothing to do with the subject of the thread, Paul, but can I just say how pleasant it is to see somebody expressing their enjoyment of a train journey, rather than see it as an irritant to be tolerated and made more bearable, no doubt, by obsessively looking at a small screen in one's hand!

13 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Nothing to do with the subject of the thread, Paul, but can I just say how pleasant it is to see somebody expressing their enjoyment of a train journey, rather than see it as an irritant to be tolerated and made more bearable, no doubt, by obsessively looking at a small screen in one's hand!

WW I agree with you it is a lovely journey in the old days one had a real feeling of adventure when one had to get off in Cerbere for a border check (France) and another one in Port Bou (Spain) for years its been unmanned however the police were out in full on Monday morning  both sides of the border (I went straight passed with a simple Bon Pia) however the 10/12 morrocan kids were well and truly frisked both sides:) LOL

This evening I will be playing with my train set in the garage sad old f--t I am I have bought a tennis umpire chair so I can sit in it operate the trains and watch SKY SPORTS:))) This for me is paradise:)

PaulPS/Could train anorak quiz question 

Name the railway station in France with 3 gauges ?

A Tour de Carol

1/French railways from Toulouse 

2/Spanish railways from Barcelona (Different gauge)

3/Petin train jaune (Little yellow train) from Villefranche de Conflent 

Tour de Carol was also the town in France where the last republicans in the Spanish civil war fled over the border to.

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

WW I agree with you it is a lovely journey in the old days one had a real feeling of adventure when one had to get off in Cerbere for a border check (France) and another one in Port Bou (Spain) for years its been unmanned however the police were out in full on Monday morning  both sides of the border (I went straight passed with a simple Bon Dia) however the 10/12 morrocan kids were well and truly frisked both sides:) LOL

This evening I will be playing with my train set in the garage sad old f--t I am I have bought a tennis umpire chair so I can sit in it operate the trains and watch SKY SPORTS:))) This for me is paradise:)

A Tour de Carol

Tour de Carol was also the town in France where the last republicans in the Spanish civil war fled over the border to.

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

WW I agree with you it is a lovely journey in the old days one had a real feeling of adventure when one had to get off in Cerbere for a border check (France) and another one in Port Bou (Spain) for years its been unmanned however the police were out in full on Monday morning  both sides of the border (I went straight passed with a simple Bon Pia) however the 10/12 morrocan kids were well and truly frisked both sides:) LOL

A Tour de Carol

You missed out Hendaye which also has 3 gauges (French, Spanish and Euskotren narrow gauge) plus (may also apply to Carol) voltage changes for overhead power supply.

42 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I'm hearing that Limoux have a few players out and St Esteve will be playing a few of their SL squad players, so this may not be close 

So annoying only 1 hour from me and impossible at present to travel there little alone watch in the stadium.

Oh well the sun has come out will sit in the garden and watch:)

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

I'm hearing that Limoux have a few players out and St Esteve will be playing a few of their SL squad players, so this may not be close 

Kyle trout has gone back to England for family matters and they're not sure if he'll be back. 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

César rougé and Arthur morgues in the halves for catalans. Romano on the wing. 

Alan - see the lad from Villeneuve/Lot. Jayson Goffin starting today in the second row. A lot was expected of him. His first run-out?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

I think it is this season. He played a couple of games last season in tye first team, a couple in elite 2 witg baho and against us in the u 19s. Playing outside pita godinet gave him a good name and scored a few tries at villeneuve. I was surprised he left. He seems to be finding it difficult at the catalans. Maybe he'll get over his numerous injuries, a little worrying at just 20 years old. He was a stand out player at villeneuve at just 18/19 but as i said he played on godinets side of the field. 

Tough on Palau. Can't buy a win but get nearer each week. Villeneuve won it in the dying stages just like Avignon did week before. The minnows left with another 1 point bonus for their efforts.TO Elite killed off by Minga early on. Visitors kept battling away winning the second half. 4 tries to 3 for the hosts.The former Warrington prop Moran grabbed a couple of tries for SOA against FCL. Think they're ratching things up for a late charge come the spring time. Maybe Gigot ready for next week too - home to Albi.

St Esteve giving fringe players ago tomorrow at TO Elite. Half a dozen or more changes from last week against Limoux. Interestingly giving the Dragons U18's side a look in. Enzo Colchero and Tanguy Zenon are listed in the group of20. The latter played on the wing earlier against Palau and did OK.

Archived