Elite 1 Update

audois

Rather than Monday nights, which again isn’t really a “sports night” in my psyche, I’d rather Elite 1 try and make more of what they have now. They’ve seen some good numbers tune in on YouTube this winter from the UK and rather than making people choose which game they watch, as multiple seem to kick-off at the same/similar times, I’d rather a bit of planning and a couple of games on consecutively, so that people can watch multiple games, should they wish.

I know personally that I’ve had to make decisions over which games I watch when there’s a couple of decent games on. A couple of weeks ago was a prime example, Catalans A played Carcassonne was 1st v 3rd IIRC and I think there was also 2nd v 5th on at the same time, which I think was Avignon v Lezignan (IIRC). Ideally, I’d liked to have been able to watch both, instead I was forced into making a decision and plumed for Catalans A v Carcassonne, which was a good game. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Rather than Monday nights, which again isn’t really a “sports night” in my psyche, I’d rather Elite 1 try and make more of what they have now. They’ve seen some good numbers tune in on YouTube this winter from the UK and rather than making people choose which game they watch, as multiple seem to kick-off at the same/similar times, I’d rather a bit of planning and a couple of games on consecutively, so that people can watch multiple games, should they wish.

I know personally that I’ve had to make decisions over which games I watch when there’s a couple of decent games on. A couple of weeks ago was a prime example, Catalans A played Carcassonne was 1st v 3rd IIRC and I think there was also 2nd v 5th on at the same time, which I think was Avignon v Lezignan (IIRC). Ideally, I’d liked to have been able to watch both, instead I was forced into making a decision and plumed for Catalans A v Carcassonne, which was a good game. 

You can watch the other game straight after from the beginning. Only same as watching live 

We have looked at everything here and all agree that MONDAY nights is the way to go for a big match in terms of having a clear run v football getting the maires on board for promotion and various other factors.

Last time round the crowds were very encouraging and I am certain it will work well again.

Paul

1 minute ago, barnyia said:

How do you know the score? They're not easy to find at the best of times never mind straight after the game. 😁

Thankfully social media or this place are my go to places for stuff that shouldn’t be hard to find but invariably is. 

40 minutes ago, barnyia said:

How do you know the score? They're not easy to find at the best of times never mind straight after the game. 😁

Quite often it is posted in the comments section of the other game. Have to plead guilty myself till somebody asked me to stop as they wanted to watch the other game and knowing the score spoiled it,

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Thankfully social media or this place are my go to places for stuff that shouldn’t be hard to find but invariably is. 

It's harder for me to find the scores as i live in France and nobody really cares 😁

17 hours ago, barnyia said:

It's harder for me to find the scores as i live in France and nobody really cares 😁

Try www.flashscore.co.uk as it has the Elite 1 scores, tables and fixtures on it. I believe it is run by a gambling company trying to encourage you to bet on games but never got anything from them in last 18 or so months. Usually good for running scores during games as well as results.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 06/03/2021 at 17:09, BJW said:

Yes, towards end of first half was 3050 when I glanced at number.

On 06/03/2021 at 17:11, langpark said:

Excellent! 

The Catalans club announced the numbers of 16,500 in total

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Yes, seems to be a catch up round. Btw there are three matches, not two.

Limoux vs Villeneuve 

Palau vs Albi 

Carcassonne vs St Gaudens 

It is no coincidence that Toulouse and St Esteve are not playing, since some of their players will be playing in the Catalans vs Toulouse match. 

28 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Possibly a catch up round as one game completes Round 6 and the other, Round 8. 

Yes

13/12  R6 Limoux-Villeneuve/Lot

10/01  R8 Palau-Albi

14/02  R12 Carcassonne -St Gaudens

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Carcassonne been pushed out of stade domec for Sunday's game. The union teams fixture for last night was called off due to an  opposing team player showing covid symptoms on the team bus. He tested negative so the game has been moved to Sunday and the league team moved to stade mazet.

Reports in the paper today that the federation are pushing to restart elite 2,elite juniors and elite femin as soon as possible and asking for permission for teams to  train after the 6pm curfew. The elite womens union and younger elite  union teams are allowed. Also mid April restart for the lower divisions and kids sections. Finger crossed! I can't see it happening but no harm in trying! 

Limoux should be decent game tomorrow against Villeneuve/Lot. The Grizzlis were best last year before the comp was closed down with 14 wins out of sixteen. The next few weeks will be important for them. A rising Avignon at home next week and then the return game against Villenuve the week following up in Aquitaine.

Ewqi9EXWQAQOHT6.jpg.7dc5cfab775d67a13575ac19f55bfc5d.jpg

Good to see Toulouse channel viàOccitaine back up running this weekend Saturday. Limoux-Avignon the one to go for on the Sunday.The main runners though should all consolidate. All five games 14.00pm GMT starts and all of them covered.

Olivier Janzac's first time in charge yesterday. As others say big catch for Villeneuve as their coach. He was mentioned to be going to the Dragons as an assistant to Steve McNamara a while back. He's been involved with the Federation for some time. When Limoux won back to back titles in 2016 and 2017 Janzac was in charge. With him at the helm you'd think the Aquitaine club maybe another side to be challenging come springtime. It would be good to see that in the same way as Avignon who also have come back into contention with late arrivals in Jouffret, Moran and Gigot. These clubs represent two regions west (Atlantic)and east (Mediterranean) Distance between the two towns 300 miles and 4h30 by bus. They help in some way streching the treize footprint across the south beyond the dog-leg that is the Perpignon - Aude-Toulouse corridor.

Results this weekend

Villeneuve/Lot 42-16 Albi

Limoux 16-20 Avignon

St Gaudens 20-40 St Esteve

Carcassonne 46-16 Palau

Toulouse Elite 12-40 Lezignan

Saturday Villeneuve won comfortably in the end 12 -12 at the break though .Windy weather everywhere effected the games. Carcassonne behind at the break to Palau with the wind in their backs the Catalan minnows led with Hakim Miloudi to the fore. Basement St Gaudens made a game of it against the Baby Dracs. PNG power house Minga caused them lots of trouble only in the later stages did the young side pull away. TO Elite made a fist of it early on against FCL. Still work to do there for Seb Raguin. Game  of the day was as expected. SOA reversed the 'aller round' at home to the Aude side. Nothing in betweem them. 19-0 early on for the Vaucluse side with a wind behind them. Only good defending late on kept the Grizzlis at bay.

Thanks Gordon.

Back over on Thursday week for a month,so will be meeting up to get things moving starting with this years Championship Final (Hopefully with a crowd) I am waiting to hear where it will be played.

I have been scratching my head all week regarding the co-commentator for the English commentary next season and after watching the recording of the Broncos match yesterday I am going to ask Tony Rea tomorrow if he is up for it.

Fingers crossed if we manage to even get him for a few games it will be great.

Paul

9 minutes ago, barnyia said:

The season is canceled for elite 2 and elite u19s. The u 19s didn't manage to play a game. It'll be October/November before we play again so it'll be 19/20 months since our last game. 

Sad news Barnyia I would assume that they will start the Elite 2 and below earlier than Elite 1 next season?

I bet so many young players are just eager to get out there must be driving them mad.

Whats the latest restrictions I am taking the train again next Thursday (Due to the business I am allowed in) 

Paul

Archived