Elite 1 Update

audois

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just one game this weekend catch-up

Carcassonne 24-22 TO Elite 1

Surprised with that score line. Toulouse took a right hammering at Avignon week before. Yes the Canaris had a few missing but the visiters yesterday excelled themselves leading at the break Half-back Romain Pallares at his best got two tries for TO as did winger Etienne Depeyre. The latter remember scored 4 tries at Brutus against St Esteve earlier. Also mentioned positively here was Benjamin Laguerre - younger brother of Matthieu at the Dragons. Coach Sebastien Raguin believes that year on year they are attracting better players now. Linking up with Stade Toulousain and their Stade Ernest Wallon a factor.

Carcassonne now pulling away a bit on top. Four points on St Esteve and 7 on FCL - all three having played 13 games.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

Just one game this weekend catch-up

Carcassonne 24-22 TO Elite 1

Surprised with that score line. Toulouse took a right hammering at Avignon week before. Yes the Canaris had a few missing but the visiters yesterday excelled themselves leading at the break Half-back Romain Pallares at his best got two tries for TO as did winger Etienne Depeyre. The latter remember scored 4 tries at Brutus against St Esteve earlier. Also mentioned positively here was Benjamin Laguerre - younger brother of Matthieu at the Dragons. Coach Sebastien Raguin believes that year on year they are attracting better players now. Linking up with Stade Toulousain and their Stade Ernest Wallon a factor.

Carcassonne now pulling away a bit on top. Four points on St Esteve and 7 on FCL - all three having played 13 games.

TO last week in Avignon where missing More than half of the team .including 6 of their best players. 

Carcassonne gave débuts to two juniors and put out a under strength team. It's what most teams do against Toulouse. Teams change their teams against st Gaudens too. Palau aren't the same as they've a strong team and usually only  lose by a few points

Is Villeneuve v Palau being played today? Links on You Tube and Facebook with KO time of 1600 (French time) but nothing so far on either.

Nothing on USV site saying it's off. FFR site like negotiating a minefield! Last update on Palau site is 18th March.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

1 hour ago, BJW said:

Is Villeneuve v Palau being played today? Links on You Tube and Facebook with KO time of 1600 (French time) but nothing so far on either.

Nothing on USV site saying it's off. FFR site like negotiating a minefield! Last update on Palau site is 18th March.

Postponed, I think due to a covid case. 

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Carcassonne gave débuts to two juniors and put out a under strength team. It's what most teams do against Toulouse. Teams change their teams against st Gaudens too. Palau aren't the same as they've a strong team and usually only  lose by a few points

False and disrepctful... sad...

No offence intended but I'm not being disrespectful just truthful.  know you're involved in the club or close to the club but the truth is Toulouse is the weakest team. It's really a under 21/22s team. Teams do rest players against them. As Lézignan did in the game at the moulin. The Catalans did the same etc.  They're getting better every year and improving alot . Carcassonne did rest players and give two debuts. It was stated in the independent newspaper pre game and this morning. 

10 minutes ago, barnyia said:

No offence intended but I'm not being disrespectful just truthful.  know you're involved in the club or close to the club but the truth is Toulouse is the weakest team. It's really a under 21/22s team. Teams do rest players against them. As Lézignan did in the game at the moulin. The Catalans did the same etc.  They're getting better every year and improving alot . Carcassonne did rest players and give two debuts. It was stated in the independent newspaper pre game and this morning. 

This is your truth. Not the truth. take care of your club and respect the others. 

Teddy Sadaoui says that they changed the team and rested players. Sorry but  Robbie storey, the Fijian prop, the stand off, soum, Simon, Canet, bouregba  are normally in the starting full strength 17. But I'm sorry if I offended you and I'll leave it there as I like and respect the Toulouse club and the great work they're doing.

Archived