Elite 1 Update

audois

On 11/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, NERugbyDad said:

A few former Newcastle Thunder academy players heading over to try thier luck in Elite 1.

McGurk was not retained by Palau

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, langpark said:

Lezignan just beat Avignon 40-28, I watched the live stream. I am enjoying these games, it seems we are always getting high scoring matches too. 

Yeah I enjoyed it too.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

18 hours ago, langpark said:

Lezignan just beat Avignon 40-28, I watched the live stream. I am enjoying these games, it seems we are always getting high scoring matches too. 

I thought the presentation of ViàOccitanie excellent. This Toulouse  based television station is a real plus for the treize. They're operating too outside their region -Villeneuve/Lot last week and this weekend up in Provence at Avignon. The Parc des Sports a fine stadium too. Was pleased when SOA moved out of their home base and the synthetic pitch. The Parc welcomed 17,000 for the WC 2013  game against Kiwis of SBW. No XV in the town of note but here and surrounds a real feel for the treize. The number of players travelling south to the Dragons over the years impressive. Tony Gigot wants to finish his career back here too.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

37 minutes ago, audois said:

I thought the presentation of ViàOccitanie excellent. This Toulouse  based television station is a real plus for the treize. They're operating too outside their region -Villeneuve/Lot last week and this weekend up in Provence at Avignon. The Parc des Sports a fine stadium too. Was pleased when SOA moved out of their home base and the synthetic pitch. The Parc welcomed 17,000 for the WC 2013  game against Kiwis of SBW. No XV in the town of note but here and surrounds a real feel for the treize. The number of players travelling south to the Dragons over the years impressive. Tony Gigot wants to finish his career back here too.

Totally agree with you A, we are working on it now to get them some sponsors from March onwards so for the last few matches hopefully expect the grounds to look good with sponsors LED/pitch markings etc + a good old pre match  French reception (Which is the most important thing of the day) just back from a 2 hour run as I am preparing for the 3 months of excessive food and drink from March onwards LOL:)

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Which one was he Hvy wg ?

The right winger, very quick but a bit green rugby wise. Just 20 years old, for some reason he's never been picked for the u19s french team, he was playing regularly witg the elite 1 team and never got picked. but played against them in a friendly with the elite 1 french select team. 

He still qualifies for the juniors (we're allowed 4 first year seniors) as does the hooker Thomas lacans, the other winger Thomas soler who also scored is still u19s. 

We've some very good young talent at lezignan, keep your eye out for a young centre  Thibault marty who is just 17 but training with the first grade and has been in the 19 man squad for the last two games. He played four games for the u19s last season despite being still u 17s and really stood out, for me he's already the best centre at the club technique wise. 

We've 8 u19s training regularly with the first team now. 

1 hour ago, audois said:

The commentary wasnt the best yesterday and very technical as well, it was alot of chatting rather than commentating. He was explaining technical defensive patterns and using technical words. He's the director and teacher at the rugby pole in salon so it was like beong in a rugby lesson 😁. But I'm not going to complain as its great to see elite 1 on the television, its refreshing to see forced passes  attack attitude more than a defence attitude and players not as worried about making mistakes. 

27 minutes ago, barnyia said:

The right winger, very quick but a bit green rugby wise. Just 20 years old, for some reason he's never been picked for the u19s french team, he was playing regularly witg the elite 1 team and never got picked. but played against them in a friendly with the elite 1 french select team. 

He still qualifies for the juniors (we're allowed 4 first year seniors) as does the hooker Thomas lacans, the other winger Thomas soler who also scored is still u19s. 

We've some very good young talent at lezignan, keep your eye out for a young centre  Thibault marty who is just 17 but training with the first grade and has been in the 19 man squad for the last two games. He played four games for the u19s last season despite being still u 17s and really stood out, for me he's already the best centre at the club technique wise. 

We've 8 u19s training regularly with the first team now. 

Thank you barnyia

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Six of the Dragons SL group to play against St Gaudens Saturday, Arthur Romano and Lambert Belmas who have already featured for the Dragons plus the 4 lads who trained all year but didn’t get a look in, Joe Chan, Corentin Le Cam, Mathieu Cozza and Mathieu Laguerre. With the changes McNamara is looking at be interesting to see the next few months unfold

Looks like all 5 fixtures will be played with Palau hosting leaders Carcassonne Sunday. Perpignan minnows having some problems recently to get their act together. The big news though this week is the return to Avignon of the former Featherstone half-back Louis Jouffret. Joining up with his father Christopher – the former CEO at the Dragons who is now part of their administration.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

On 29/11/2020 at 12:24, ATLANTISMAN said:

Totally agree with you A, we are working on it now to get them some sponsors from March onwards so for the last few matches hopefully expect the grounds to look good with sponsors LED/pitch markings etc + a good old pre match  French reception (Which is the most important thing of the day) just back from a 2 hour run as I am preparing for the 3 months of excessive food and drink from March onwards LOL:)

So are all these new initiatives coming from Mr Jouffret? How much involvement does he now have in the day to day running of the club? 

This weekend

St Esteve 50-14 St Gaudens

Albi 22-24  Villeneuve/Lot

Palau 34-42 Carcassonne  

Avignon 10-16 Limoux

Lezignan 40-8 Toulouse Elite 

Dragons re-charged group far too good for the Pyrenean team with  back-rowerJoe Chan and Cesar Rouge very much in view - the  half-back grabbing a  hat trick of tries and the 18 yr old forward difficult to hold. Excellent game shown on television with Albi finding some form at last leading undefeated Villeneuve up to the hour mark 22-4 before falling away late on. Avignon again competitive against one of the three strong Aude teams Limoux in a hard fought encounter. FCL with their two Aussies on board  too good for a valeant TO reserve out-fit. Good to see Palau at last putting a team out having only played a couple of times so far up to today. The Canaris with Lucas Albert and Simon roared out of their blocks leading 26-10 at the break. Olivier Elima would have been delghted with his sides second half performance taking the game to the comp leaders with a try hat-trick from centre Bousquet 34-32 only for the visitors snatch it late on as did Villeneuve had done the night before. All round though I think a decent set of results.

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

Was watching the game on Youtube before there was a horrific injury. Perversely pleased to see it isn't a b team running away with the league. Let's hope that when the final rolls around, it is two non reserve sides and I can plan a trip. 

Torres (Limoux second row) got knocked out tackling. Suspected broken jaw but thankfully no such thing just a beastly charge. 

Archived