Any reason why?

Les Cats v Leeds play off game ain't in France?

Wire v Hull at the HJ is obvious, 3 v 6 so why isn't 4 v 5 being held at "4"s home ground?

Is it for some Covid travel reasons?

Sorry if it's obvious and I've missed summat.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

23 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Les Cats v Leeds play off game ain't in France?

Wire v Hull at the HJ is obvious, 3 v 6 so why isn't 4 v 5 being held at "4"s home ground?

Is it for some Covid travel reasons?

Sorry if it's obvious and I've missed summat.

Saints refused to travel to France last week opening a can of worms in that regard.

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

They didn’t. 

Ok they didn't they just had a game scheduled that they didn't play because they didn't want to play because they didn't want to travel and now Catalans are playing what should be a home qualifying final in Warrington. 

Cheers saints, made it a tad easier for us Rhinos!

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Ok they didn't they just had a game scheduled that they didn't play because they didn't want to play because they didn't want to travel and now Catalans are playing what should be a home qualifying final in Warrington. 

Cheers saints, made it a tad easier for us Rhinos!

Think I’ll go off proper announcements not the opinions of kids on t’internet Thomas. At no point did St Helens refuse to play. 

33 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

The game was cancelled by the SL wasn't it? as both sides had already qualified for the Play Offs?

That's interesting thanks.

I didn't know that.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

12 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

That's interesting thanks.

I didn't know that.

Well... depends on how you look at it

Saints refused to play, Hull KR pulled out of the season, so SL changed the playoff rules to suit, didn't want Cats not hitting their 15 game quota (which I think was still achievable)

Once playoff changes were put through the game was cancelled as wasn't required anymore

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Well... depends on how you look at it

Saints refused to play, Hull KR pulled out of the season, so SL changed the playoff rules to suit, didn't want Cats not hitting their 15 game quota (which I think was still achievable)

Once playoff changes were put through the game was cancelled as wasn't required anymore

I guess in our business we would say Business Agility in that we are able to react to events unfolding, even if not our desired pathway or wish.

In taking decisions you sometimes have to wear a tin hat as social media is full of non informed experts criticising whatever decisions are made. In fact experts so divided in opinions you can pick whatever expert you want to back your opinion. 

Alternatively never make a decision to change according to circumstances - not sure that's the best course of action and many a business is debunked as a result.

Lets not beat about tbe bush.  Saints refused to play. Wigan were expected to win anyway. Giving the game to Dragons did not change the ladder... so the SL elected to save face.  All leading everyone else to throw eggs at Hull KR who really were crippled with covid.

All shows that its the victors who write history.

21 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Lets not beat about tbe bush.  Saints refused to play. Wigan were expected to win anyway. Giving the game to Dragons did not change the ladder... so the SL elected to save face.  All leading everyone else to throw eggs at Hull KR who really were crippled with covid.

Agreed - I was just using the official reason which was it was cancelled. 

Odd how many people take newspaper gossip as gospel.

St Helens have outright denied refusing to, or threatening to refuse to travel.

Neither Super League nor the RFL have alleged we refuse or threatened to refuse to travel.

Baffling that this is a story...

44 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Neither Super League nor the RFL have alleged we refuse or threatened to refuse to travel.

It seems to be the world we live in... not only sports.

Not just newspapers gossip but also any information running around social media. We don't seemed to be programmed to question information or sources.

If it suits our narrow agenda we rush to use it. It don't matter if fact or fiction if we can use it to suit our cause, argument or politically, with a small P.

Just have to accept Saints were at fault... what the truth of the situation doesn't matter ...

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

I for one believe them totally. 

The president of the French club was quoted as saying St Helens refused to travel.

The head coach ,from overseas,doesn't deny it.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/18849115.woolf-explains-concern-now-cancelled-catalans-dragons-trip/

One fine day rugby league,sorry,Super League ,will be imbued with honesty.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

6 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

They didnt though did they, it was just an unnecessary game once they decided to end the season, the only game needing to be played was the wigan one and another to get the 2 televised games for sky.

Catalan home game wouldnt have been televised and hull kr cried off for the year

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

They didnt though did they, it was just an unnecessary game once they decided to end the season, the only game needing to be played was the wigan one and another to get the 2 televised games for sky.

Catalan home game wouldnt have been televised and hull kr cried off for the year

Several of those tv games were barely credible as competitive games.  Alright I'll be honest, they had zero credibility.  All the games around the Cup semi final had zero credibility.   Good luck to SKY for paying for that.  Its OK is for for Saints to call their game off (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more) because its not on TV, but it must be right for Rovers to be forced to play 3 games in no time with no fit players?

Archived