Thu 12 Nov: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/20 at 20:15

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a bit confused here - the BBC sport site says that the winner faces Wigan. I assumed the play off rules would have Warrington at Saints if they won? 

Anyway, tough game to call. Warrington could be a bit undone and Hull unexpectedly have a chance to redeem themselves in a couple of knockout games.

Golden point?

16 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I’m a bit confused here - the BBC sport site says that the winner faces Wigan. I assumed the play off rules would have Warrington at Saints if they won? 

Anyway, tough game to call. Warrington could be a bit undone and Hull unexpectedly have a chance to redeem themselves in a couple of knockout games.

Golden point?

They are right. The winner, Hull, will be playing Wigan.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

24 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Golden point?

Seems a strange decision that first place is rewarded by a probable meeting with the third place finishers but the runners up face a lower ranked team.

But then again this is 2020 and British RL

An unexpected position for us and, if we win, a step towards a home gig in the GF.

We have the players to do it undoubtedly, will we have the mental attitude?

Not sure

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Golden point?

Wigan play the lowest ranked winner don’t they? So Hull win they play Wigan, Warrington win they play Saints.

In recent times we have served up some of our absolute worst performances against Wire, but I quite fancy us in this one. We look hungry and have nothing to lose having been given an unexpected chance. On the other hand I havent been all that impressed with Wire lately. Hopefully Connor is kept at full back, we look a different team in attack when he plays there.

Hull by 7

2 hours ago, MZH said:

In recent times we have served up some of our absolute worst performances against Wire, but I quite fancy us in this one. We look hungry and have nothing to lose having been given an unexpected chance. On the other hand I havent been all that impressed with Wire lately. Hopefully Connor is kept at full back, we look a different team in attack when he plays there.

Hull by 7

I agree with that.  Clearly Wire are dangerous opponents,  but Hull have got their act together.  Its going to be interesting to see if Hull can raise their game.

If Wigan have to play Leeds, i hope there is no monsoon weather...

Shame that these two couldn't have contested the final.   Hope the winner goes on to take the trophy.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

During what has turned out to be an extremely difficult season to finish our game descended into confusion, apathy and self harm. These play offs are a genuine opportunity to claw back respect, pride and the entertainment factor we seem to have mislaid along the way. I've got a feeling we could get some cracking good games out of these concluding chapters, that starts tonight with this intriguing encounter. A genuine puzzle of a face-off that nobody can confidently predict. The first quarter will be enlightening. Bring it on, can't wait, let's get behind it and enjoy a brief gap in the clouds. 🙂🏆👍

Sadly, as has been posted elsewhere on t' internet, this may well be the last appearance in SL for a player who has lit up the game brilliantly over the last couple of seasons.

I remember being at the DW for his debut against Wigan last year. I was wary as he was a raw RU recruit, even though he was on the wing.

I needn't have worried.

Based on this season, I'd normally go for Warrington with some confidence, but this is knock-out Rugby.

OF's right about Naulogo; he's been a treat to watch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Will Flakey Blake go missing again?

If theres one team Blake Austin really constantly has a ripper against time and again its Hull FC.

Hope we shut him down tonight.

43 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m confident the right Hull will turn up for this one, they’ve found a groove at just the right time. But will Warrington? Will Flakey Blake go missing again?

We now know what you dream about at night. 

Home crowd to carry wire over the line ( half a dozen first aiders). 

45 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m confident the right Hull will turn up for this one, they’ve found a groove at just the right time. But will Warrington? Will Flakey Blake go missing again?

Oh dear, some one else making a hostage to fortune...

I hope its a close game with lots of controversy and lots of last minute points. Hope its not golden point... unless thats controversial. I want to get the best out of my TV money.  And no injuries.

On other matters, is this version of a top 6 better than a proper Macintire system (I prefer the latter), and would a top 6 be better than a top 5?

49 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Oh dear, some one else making a hostage to fortune...

I hope its a close game with lots of controversy and lots of last minute points. Hope its not golden point... unless thats controversial. I want to get the best out of my TV money.  And no injuries.

On other matters, is this version of a top 6 better than a proper Macintire system (I prefer the latter), and would a top 6 be better than a top 5?

I went for Hull. You?

Archived