Thu 12 Nov: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/20 at 20:15

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not really a fault , with 4 minutes to score twice 

Doing his best not to concede the drop out. 

Just got his pocket picked by Connor.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

If this were a normal season Price wouldn't be Warrington coach next season.

They have looked absolutely brilliant at times this year and really off their game in others. Hard to work out.

Hull are the same though, very inconsistent performers. I suppose sometimes Connor attempts things and they don't come off. Their forwards really put in a shift today though.

Just now, JonM said:

They have looked absolutely brilliant at times this year and really off their game in others. Hard to work out.

I found it so much easier to see us losing with Tony Smith in charge because I always had some hope. At times we tried too much champagne rugby and blew it, but with Price it isn't errors that are costing us, it's boring boring tactics. I feel like we go through the motions far too often. 

But I've said my piece on Price consistently for 2 years, and tonight Hull deserve the focus and plaudits. 

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Hull are the same though, very inconsistent performers. I suppose sometimes Connor attempts things and they don't come off. Their forwards really put in a shift today though.

Looking good at random points in the season doesn't carry much stock though, especially when you've invested like Wire have. Hull are similar I agree.

1 minute ago, JonM said:

They beat Saints in the Cup.  And nearly (and should!) have beaten  Salford.   Warrington have let little things go and it cost them. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I found it so much easier to see us losing with Tony Smith in charge because I always had some hope. At times we tried too much champagne rugby and blew it, but with Price it isn't errors that are costing us, it's boring boring tactics. I feel like we go through the motions far too often. 

But I've said my piece on Price consistently for 2 years, and tonight Hull deserve the focus and plaudits. 

A good coach maximises what he has , but to often under him they seem less than the sum of their parts and it’s pretty uninspiring 

Well Played Hull a total team effort. Glad to see that my Rugby League score predictions remain consistently... bad

As for Warrington, they do not appear to like being front runners and when push comes to shove you get 13  individuals on the field. That's down to coaching, when I have been in Illawarra there was incredulity that Steve Price was seen a s coaching material by a cashed up Super League club.. If his coat was not hanging on a shaky nail before it certainly is now..

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Warringtons ex-coach seemed disappointed.

Considering we have to play the winners of this game next week, I would sooner Warrington had sneaked it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Quick fact... We've reached the Grand Final every year we've sacked the coach mid season...

EDIT - no we haven't. Forgot about Peter Sharp 🤣

Another fact (I'll check!) - we've never won 2 play off games in a series!

I was just going to post , " that's Wigan in the final " 🙁

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I feel like we go through the motions far too often. 

I think that's right but I feel it's not the coaching.

Hill was very good tonight.

And Matty Ashton too.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I thought Widdop took a knock early on and never  moved really freely after that.  I kept expecting price to pull Widdop off, put Ratchford in to partner Austin and give Mamo a running and roving brief at full back.  Mamo appeared with, I think, about seven minutes to go - way too late.  Price's tactical approach seemed uninspiringly leaden.

All that said, well played Hull.

As I said early in the thread I just fancied us to get it done tonight. 

This team obviously had talent. Last has got them all applying themselves and giving everything for the cause. Something Radford could never consistently do.

I still think our season will probably end next Thursday, but I know we will go down swinging and thats all you can really ask for.

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

A good coach maximises what he has , but to often under him they seem less than the sum of their parts and it’s pretty uninspiring 

On the other hand may be the players are not as good as they think they are.

Has anyone ever told Wire that to keep on doing the same thing over and over again with the same results is madness. If I was Ian Watson and had signed up with Shuddersfield I would be kicking myself, they can't continue with Price surely, he didn't even sound like he was disappointed nevermind devastated after a performance like that, maybe he knows he's on his way out. Meanwhile the great enigma that is Hull FC progress, you wouldn't fancy them to overcome Wigan but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Listening on the radio isn’t always the best but Fairamo, Connor and Cator seemed to have good games.  A few mistakes, a bit of luck going the right way and some hard work.  Chuffed.

What happened with the run by Taylor, near the end?  Did he come into contact with the physios?

Archived