Thu 12 Nov: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/20 at 20:15

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Last night's Hull win must surely have some bums twitching at Red Hall over their decision to hold the GF in Hull.

They're going to look pretty incompetent (even more than usual) to select Hull as the venue, then change to having a top 6 system that includes Hull, and how face the real prospect of handing one of the Grand Finalists a home tie

Even by Rimmer's standards this is an almighty cock-up if Hull make it to the Final !!!!

That's a very good point by you, backed up by your comments about how ridiculous it was when the RFL chose St Helens' home ground as a neutral venue as it gave your team an unfair advantage at the time.

Except that you didn't.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

You really are getting  pathetic now and you have no idea how much time & money I’ve spent on supporting my community and local semi pro clubs,instead you come on here with some ridiculous antiquated tripe that you have to be born & bred in a team’s hometown to be able to support them,seriously your embarrassing yourself.

Now now, Mr Grumpy, correct I don't  know what you have done in your local community that is why I asked with question mark, seems I have touched a nerve Dav, each to their  own though.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

That's a very good point by you, backed up by your comments about how ridiculous it was when the RFL chose St Helens' home ground as a neutral venue as it gave your team an unfair advantage at the time.

Except that you didn't.

They seem very twitchy the other side of Billinge lump. 
I felt that if there was a single moment that summed up the game last night it was when Connor simply took the ball from Widdop to score under the posts. Should be a cracker next week. 

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Last night's Hull win must surely have some bums twitching at Red Hall over their decision to hold the GF in Hull.

They're going to look pretty incompetent (even more than usual) to select Hull as the venue, then change to having a top 6 system that includes Hull, and how face the real prospect of handing one of the Grand Finalists a home tie

Even by Rimmer's standards this is an almighty cock-up if Hull make it to the Final !!!!

Rimmer?

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Wouldn't SL headed up by Elstone decide where the Final would be as opposed to the RFL?

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Hull FC won last night, for anyone drifting onto this thread and wondering...

I knew there was a good reason I woke up in a good mood with a fuzzy head.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

This is an all-time classic TRL post, it should be carefully preserved for generations of moaners to come.

The massive over-use of exclamation marks is the icing on the cake. Great stuff.

37 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

BBC reporting that HFC are only 80 minutes away from a 'Home' Grand Final, surely it is 160 mins? They have to beat the winner of Catalans v Leeds, then the loser of Wigan v Saints, don't they?

No, two straight semi finals next week now. Only 4 teams remain. 

12 hours ago, Ullman said:

That dates you mate.

Woodgates closed donkeys years ago.

You know far too much.

Anyway, you know what they say about donkeys...

19 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That says everything Dave.

Maybe, and you know my frustrations with Wire at the moment, but if we aim our frustrations at the likes of Austin then we are likely to come up with the wrong answer to the problem. 

Austin has provided most of the attacking impetus for a team that finished 3rd in the ladder. The bigger issue is the lack of progression from some of the support cast and the tactical nouse of things like using 15 players which clearly blunted Clarke and Ratchford through slower forward progression. 

Austin will have a field day off a dominant pack, he won't off a knackered pack. 

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 14:58, Old Frightful said:

Except that you didn't.

When have Saints ever got to play a cup final at their home ground ?

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

6 minutes ago, Moove said:

Lancashire Cup Final 1992

Smart ######, you know full well I meant finals that are always played at neutral venues not teams own stadiums. The county cups were all played at club grounds from that county, selected before the cup started each year.

5 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Smart ######, you know full well I meant finals that are always played at neutral venues not teams own stadiums. The county cups were all played at club grounds from that county, selected before the cup started each year.

Now now I was just answering the question 😀 incidentally that was the only Lancashire Cup final in 80+ years that wasn't played at a neutral venue (aside from a two-legged affair in 1940).

47 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

When have Saints ever got to play a cup final at their home ground ?

Looks like there's your answer.

40 minutes ago, Moove said:

Lancashire Cup Final 1992

But that wasn't my point.

My point was that you never mentioned the fact that Saints played several games at a "neutral" ground, that neutral ground being your own stadium, as was arranged by the RFL. I have no idea how many games you played "at home" when you should have been away.

And nobody knows how many points you gained from those home games, points that may have led you straight into the play off semi finals.

On 13/11/2020 at 10:41, Harry Stottle said:

Do you ever fancy your Chances Rob?

Hey up G, how's things?

In answer to your question, I don't often fancy our chances against the likes of Wigan, Saints and Wire, they usually seem to have too much for us.

I was cautiously hopeful against Wire in this particular game, as you can read in the early part of this thread. Against the Pies this coming Thursday, again I know we have the players that can do the job, I just worry sometimes about our mental approach, something that Wigan fans don't have to think about, book, t shirt, etc, etc..

The one thing I keep banging on about is the opportunity that's been presented to us by the current circumstances and the wonderful RFL. We are now 80 minutes away from a Grand Final at our home ground, what an incentive that is to beat Wigan. If our players can't get themselves up for that, they never will.

But I expect them to.

Win?..well I'm not sure I fancy our chances...

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 16:45, Old Frightful said:

Looks like there's your answer.

But that wasn't my point.

My point was that you never mentioned the fact that Saints played several games at a "neutral" ground, that neutral ground being your own stadium, as was arranged by the RFL. I have no idea how many games you played "at home" when you should have been away.

And nobody knows how many points you gained from those home games, points that may have led you straight into the play off semi finals.

Saints played 17 games this year and only 6 were played at TW (4 at Leeds, 4 at Warrington, 1 at Salford, 1 at Cas and 1 at Hull)

Prior to lockdown Saints managed to play 6 games and 4 of those were away from home.

Its still an utter farce that a team finishing in the bottom half of the table, with a negative points differential, who didn't even qualify for the play-off's under the original season rules could now find themselves playing in their home stadium to with the title.

The SF will be one of the very few occasions where i'll be shouting for a Wigan win

37 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

The SF will be one of the very few occasions where i'll be shouting for a Wigan win

Now I know you don't mean that.

At the time the GF venue was chosen, Hull was a solid choice - I think of all the potential "owned" stadiums it has the most "big game" feel about it.

Things have changed and I agree it would make sense to move it but we don't know what is being lined up for GF day and how easy that makes it to move.  And where would it be moved to?  Probably would be a choice between the HJ/Headingley and I don't think either would have the same feel for a final.

All things considered, even if Hull end up beating Saints in the final at "home", I think it was the right call at the time and don't have an issue with it staying there.

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints played 17 games this year and only 6 were played at TW (4 at Leeds, 4 at Warrington, 1 at Salford, 1 at Cas and 1 at Hull)

Prior to lockdown Saints managed to play 6 games and 4 of those were away from home.

Its still an utter farce that a team finishing in the bottom half of the table, with a negative points differential, who didn't even qualify for the play-off's under the original season rules could now find themselves playing in their home stadium to with the title.

Hahaha..fantastic!

I don't for a minute think my lot will win on Thursday but, if by some miracle they do, I'll enjoy it even more now with the thought of you stewing in your own bitterness.

Enjoy your day and please don't take RL too seriously, after all, you do follow quite a successful team.

"Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

Da didi dah didi da da!

excellent that !

Bon Cop de Falc!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived