Thu 12 Nov: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/20 at 20:15

On 11/11/2020 at 06:26, MZH said:

. On the other hand I havent been all that impressed with Wire lately.

Where have you been watching us play?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

It's nearly always at the Halliwell Jones.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

True, you haven't played for a couple of weeks, although you've played more recently than we have! The last time I watched you was against Huddersfield and I thought you made really hard work of that game. Then I was thinking of the cup loss against Salford but tbf that is quite a long time ago now.

God knows who will win, hope we get a cracker, and I hope we see the entertaining Wire, remember the ones who were doing short drop-outs, nice little set pieces, offloads-a-plenty and moving the ball slickly?

That soon faded away, and while we have worked hard to get some good results, we have once again shown a tendency to go back into our shell and play negatively.

I'd rather go down throwing everything at the opposition, rather than looking like we won't score in a month of Sundays.

55 minutes ago, Dave T said:

God knows who will win, hope we get a cracker, and I hope we see the entertaining Wire, remember the ones who were doing short drop-outs, nice little set pieces, offloads-a-plenty and moving the ball slickly?

That soon faded away, and while we have worked hard to get some good results, we have once again shown a tendency to go back into our shell and play negatively.

I'd rather go down throwing everything at the opposition, rather than looking like we won't score in a month of Sundays.

Some people! At least you've still got a coach!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I think they’re showing the Wigan-Bath game before hand on Sky Arena, if you’ve got the spare time to watch it 👍

If that's the Maine Rd game, I watched it while doing site work in Scarborough.

Had a fiver on Wigan to win by 71-75 and another fiver on 76-80. I think the odds I got were 20/1 and 25/1 respectively. Got over 100 nicker back anyway.

(I very rarely bet (once every 5 years or so), but I remember talking to someone in the office who was certain Bath would put us in our place. The easiest of easy money. I went to both games, and the 7s. We never broke sweat.)

As to tonight’s game, I think both these sides are potentially more dangerous then the other 2, monsoons permitting, and so a Wire win should suit us. They really should win, as they have a better side, but they seem to be less than the sum of their parts somehow... hope it’s a cracker, it’s the last throw of the dice for someone so it ought to be. 

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Sadly, as has been posted elsewhere on t' internet, this may well be the last appearance in SL for a player who has lit up the game brilliantly over the last couple of seasons.

I remember being at the DW for his debut against Wigan last year. I was wary as he was a raw RU recruit, even though he was on the wing.

I needn't have worried.

One of those players who is not only a loss to the club but to the game as a whole. Would have been a legend if he'd come to the game earlier and spent his career here.

As with Albert Kelly it's a real shame we don't get to say thanks for the memories, goodbye and good luck in person. Hopefully Naulago will get to turn out one more time at the KCOM but it would be great to see them pay us a visit one day with fans in attendance.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 10/11/2020 at 18:49, Old Frightful said:

An unexpected position for us and, if we win, a step towards a home gig in the GF.

We have the players to do it undoubtedly, will we have the mental attitude?

Not sure

I'm not either, mate. We haven't beaten any of the serious GF contenders so far this season. Having said that, I haven't looked forward to a game as much since the return from lockdown. Just excited to be in the mix however long that lasts. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

If that's the Maine Rd game, I watched it while doing site work in Scarborough.

Had a fiver on Wigan to win by 71-75 and another fiver on 76-80. I think the odds I got were 20/1 and 25/1 respectively. Got over 100 nicker back anyway.

Looking forward to seeing it at the annual grand opening of your wallet.

5 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Looking forward to seeing it at the annual grand opening of your wallet.

Coming from anyone but you...

I would like a win for the Airlie Birds but being a Rugby realist, there is absolutely no way Warrington Wolves will lose at Home .

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Just now, Exiled Wiganer said:

Am I alone in always hearing Jack Hughes as J’accuse? 

Nope. I've been calling him Emile Zola for years.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Am I alone in always hearing Jack Hughes as J’accuse? 

Nope

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived