Fri 13 Nov: SL: Catalans Dragons v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/11/20 at 20:15

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Was that Hurrell sneaking up to try and pull Samkins' shorts down? :kolobok_biggrin:

The Venn diagram of "fan favourite" and "overgrown schoolboy" has a large overlap.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

No. Hull.

Catalans weren't going to be able to make it to 15. Leeds and Hull were in a close battle for 5th. Once they decided to end the season early this was the only fair way to do it really.

53 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

And Tomkins gives Mylor a bit of an "examination"! 

you need to watch that again it was folau 🤪 is that ironic or what!!

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

2 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

I wish they'd clean that floor that the studio analysts are in. It looks like a barn floor, as it did last night. Hay on the floor, come on

That's down for the horse Phil Clarke rode in on.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Is that 4 penalties in 20 minutes for high tackles?

This unfortunately is a feature of the French club game though Tommy. Both codes. 

That's why I'd be careful of what you wish for🙂

It's not pleasant when it's your own players who are covered in blood as a result of reckless high tackles.

The targeting of the Leeds player substitute, Dwyer is it, was appalling. 

I don't think Catalans have it in them to back up that next week so it's looking like Saints V Wigan in the final (yawn) all the Rhinos faults were on display tonight, lack of penetration in the forwards, Gale tried hard but Lui really didn't impact on the game, Hurrell never really breaks through and makes poor defensive reads and they really lack a top line player who can turn the game on it's head with some magic, the sort of player that Headingley used to demand. A workmanlike side may be a improvement on the horrors of recent seasons but to make the next step they need some proper star quality and I personally don't think it's going to come from within. Over to you Mr Heatherington.

28 minutes ago, Niels said:

This unfortunately is a feature of the French club game though Tommy. Both codes. 

That's why I'd be careful of what you wish for🙂

It's not pleasant when it's your own players who are covered in blood as a result of reckless high tackles.

The targeting of the Leeds player substitute, Dwyer is it, was appalling. 

An Englishman.

20 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

An Englishman.

I knew the odds were against him being French as I read from the previous poster they only have one 🙂

I deliberately worded it to say "the French club game". 

Edit I just looked him up, He was Irish, then changed allegiance, and is Irish again now 🏉

Just now, Clogiron said:

I don't think Catalans have it in them to back up that next week so it's looking like Saints V Wigan in the final (yawn) all the Rhinos faults were on display tonight, lack of penetration in the forwards, Gale tried hard but Lui really didn't impact on the game, Hurrell never really breaks through and makes poor defensive reads and they really lack a top line player who can turn the game on it's head with some magic, the sort of player that Headingley used to demand. A workmanlike side may be a improvement on the horrors of recent seasons but to make the next step they need some proper star quality and I personally don't think it's going to come from within. Over to you Mr Heatherington.

I think that is fair, and we must accept the good performance in the Cup semi, allowing for the terrible weather and wigans own performance.  But was that performance a bit of an aberration.  They did not build on it. But they lost 2 injuries tonight, so that had to be accounted for.  But yes they need to still build.

Both this weeks play offs have been absolutely brilliant to watch. Yep we got big helpings of The Good, The Bad & The Ugly but it was captivating entertainment. 

Both Catalans & Hull will start next weeks encounters underdogs but there's no way they'll simply roll over. 

It's been a difficult season to finish but a major plus for our sport is the never say die attitude that can see a healthy mix of clubs able to beat anyone on their day. 

Bring on the Semi Finals. 🙂👍🏆

Enjoyed the game, would rather have had Leeds come back to make it a bit closer, but after their blistering start, it always looked like Les Cats would win, in spite of their attempts to let Leeds back in with their appalling discipline.

And I hope Chris Kendal gets some sort of a reprimand for at least one incident in that game. It was an unfortunate collision, but when Kasiano caught Oledzki smack on the chin with his shoulder, you could see the lad was instantly in trouble. Straight away, Sam Tomkins stayed with Oledzki and waved his arm at Kendall  to stop the game but Kendall allowed the game to carry on for another tackle. Fair play to Tomkins but if he's trying to stop the game because an opposition player is hurt you know he's in trouble. I can't believe Kendal chose to ignore him at first and nobody will convince me otherwise, it was right in front of the action.

And as for the rather unsavoury but not unexpected Mcilorum free high shot on Dwyer, he should have at least seen yellow yet it wasn't even considered worthy of a penalty? Astonishing. Was Hicks as the VR, not able to intervene? I'm not sure how far the VR can stretch as regards unpunished incidents that refs miss, perhaps they can't at all.

From last night's viewing I certainly wouldn't write Les Cats off at Saints, I doubt they'll get the sort of start they had last night but then, I seem to remember a cup SF from a couple of seasons back so who knows?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Enjoyed the game, would rather have had Leeds come back to make it a bit closer, but after their blistering start, it always looked like Les Cats would win, in spite of their attempts to let Leeds back in with their appalling discipline.

And I hope Chris Kendal gets some sort of a reprimand for at least one incident in that game. It was an unfortunate collision, but when Kasiano caught Oledzki smack on the chin with his shoulder, you could see the lad was instantly in trouble. Straight away, Sam Tomkins stayed with Oledzki and waved his arm at Kendall  to stop the game but Kendall allowed the game to carry on for another tackle. Fair play to Tomkins but if he's trying to stop the game because an opposition player is hurt you know he's in trouble. I can't believe Kendal chose to ignore him at first and nobody will convince me otherwise, it was right in front of the action.

And as for the rather unsavoury but not unexpected Mcilorum free high shot on Dwyer, he should have at least seen yellow yet it wasn't even considered worthy of a penalty? Astonishing. Was Hicks as the VR, not able to intervene? I'm not sure how far the VR can stretch as regards unpunished incidents that refs miss, perhaps they can't at all.

From last night's viewing I certainly wouldn't write Les Cats off at Saints, I doubt they'll get the sort of start they had last night but then, I seem to remember a cup SF from a couple of seasons back so who knows?

Completely agree. He seemed to have no grip on common sense, did Chris Kendall. If a player shows concern for an opponent, you immediately stop play. There is nothing to be gained from them doing that. It was a head injury. You just stop the game. I'm not sure if the ref wasn't paying attention or misjudged the situation, but either are really poor.

The high shot was also poor. To do nothing during a long stoppage, when there is blood streaming from his face in several places and technology is available, is either lazy or stubborn.

I'm not sure I liked how the Joel Tomkins finger-bum tig incident was dealt with either. I think Myler was given an opportunity to put in a complaint mind, but I don't think he had the confidence in the referee to actually get it sorted out.

Should be a few bans coming.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived