Ground improvemrnts

Bearman

http://www.barrowrlfc.com/latest-news/chairmans-weekly-nwem-article/

Interesting article about the Boards thinking.

It is a really pity that we were not in a position to buy out the Killone when it was available as it would have been ideal.

For me the Duke Street site is perfect. It is easy to reach on foot from the railway station and ( at the moment) there is plenty street parking available. I could see that as being a problem if the council decide to tighten up on the rules on parking in the area.

The opportunity to advertise on the Hollywood Park side is a bonus.

IF a deal could be done with AFC to share costs ( whilst maintaining an income stream) it would be another plus. I know there is a lot of antipathy by some supporters of both clubs but it would make financial sense if a deal could be struck.

There is so much to admire in the thinking of Steve and the board about planning for the clubs future. In the article it mentions that they are recognising that it might need to have a focus in facilities rather than short termism at the expense of strength on the field. That is a difficult balancing act. But, it has to be a consideration to grow the club for the future.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived