Promotion Criteria Publicised

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Have Leigh history of payments issues in 2018? I know there was a discrepancy but not sure the shortfall was explained.

E5"......... ‘Club has not paid its players late in 2018, 2019 or 2020’

Perhaps no club meet the necessary bar.  We may have to resort to quantum mechanics and fuzzy logic.    Better known as a 'hunch'.

Reality will return when deciding what happens in 2022.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, I agree.

Just wondered whether they could deliver bums on seats a bit quicker than Toulouse or London or the others in a crisis year for income?

They certainly would and it's just as well it's not the only criteria.

No one appears to have mentioned P&R and what the damage might be if the invited club goes down immediately.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

No one appears to have mentioned P&R and what the damage might be if the invited club goes down immediately.

They would go into the Championship and an other club would take their place in SL.

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

Let's be honest, it'll be a major surprise if they don't, assuming none of the current 11 implodes 

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

They would go into the Championship and an other club would take their place in SL.

Billy Burgess had a sidestep like that one!

10 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Space on the cap, no idea who we have signed, you are jumping to conclusions.

"please give us a million quid and we'll sign some players". And you're right nobody has no idea who you have signed because the club's communication with supporters is terrible. Fans have had to find out which players have left the club from their new clubs' social media. It's a shame how stagnant the Broncos have become, but there you are.

43 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

London were absolutely dominated in all departments by Fev at Ealing in March and have subsequently lost 5 or 6 players from that moderate team with no notable signings

Sorry, I felt obliged to go back and read your tripe.

You absolutely demolished us 7 months ago in the first few games of the season - well done. I always thought the season was a bit longer than 5 games.

Several players have moved on that's is natural isn't, biggest loss Fozzard, Smith disappointing, the rest - whatever. I don't have any clue who else we have signed as replacements - you ?

Promoted 5 lads from the Academy - that could be regarded as quite a positive thing, would you not agree ? Not having an academy, I guess you'd struggle to understand the concept. 70% of squad now from our Academy; whether they are good enough is a different questions, but it comes to something that crappy old London has a vibrant academy bringing new blood into the game of rugby league and all Featherstone can boast is their plot of land and top class hooligan element. Bravo !

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

"please give us a million quid and we'll sign some players". And you're right nobody has no idea who you have signed because the club's communication with supporters is terrible. Fans have had to find out which players have left the club from their new clubs' social media. It's a shame how stagnant the Broncos have become, but there you are.

Again, jumping to conclusions. You are aware of the 30 November date when contracts end. Has it not crossed your mind that they cant announce players signed ? 

10 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Perhaps no club meet the necessary bar.  We may have to resort to quantum mechanics and fuzzy logic.    Better known as a 'hunch'.

Reality will return when deciding what happens in 2022.

Not possible.  If you score zero then that’s all you get.  A club won’t be kicked out for that in the 2nd stage.

12 minutes ago, Oxford said:

It was mentioned a lot on the other thread.

The only reason I bring up who would bring an immediate positive impact to the league in terms of finances i.e. bums on seats, viewers etc is the aspect of COVID.

I’m not saying that should be the only justification but we have seen a lot of short termism in recent RL decisions in the U.K.

3 hours ago, TrueBull said:

Big section on digital/social media footprint & ourleague membership numbers.

SL is wanting a good look at current financials, merchandising sales both in the past and forecasts. Want CV's of headcoach, head physio, player welfare manager.

Want full details of training facility. I understand, commensurate with a full time training programme.

Have the part time teams thought about this? Older SL players may have dropped to Bradford/York to become part time, work on their other businesses. They may not want to go back to Full time.

Our League/Twitter/Facebook numbers.

Bradford         10385(1) 34.5k 28k
York                 4832(5) 15.9k 5k
Toulouse         2188 (15) 8.2k 11k
Leigh               7268(2) 23.2k 11k
Featherstone 5249 (4) 15.6k 14k
London           2907 (8) 25.6k 12k

4 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It was mentioned a lot on the other thread.

The only reason I bring up who would bring an immediate positive impact to the league in terms of finances i.e. bums on seats, viewers etc is the aspect of COVID.

I’m not saying that should be the only justification but we have seen a lot of short termism in recent RL decisions in the U.K.

Yes and Covid impact should be one of the considerations.

I think that when the depression hits it will be certain areas of the UK that will suffer most and obviously those with the least exposable income so bums on seats may be something that we'll be looking forward to for far longer that the pandemic.

20 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

If as suggested the Bulls are moving back to Bradford who is going to pay for the upgrade of Odsal stadium, or are they going to be tenants at the Bradford soccer club?

Plenty will be spent in odsal next few months, couple of threds on page one of bulls forum page.

20 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

No mention of having to have an academy.

Having an academy in my opinion is a must for every club

Tbf for a Championship side I don't think it can be compulsory, but it should be seen as a major benefit.

9 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Yes and Covid impact should be one of the considerations.

I think that when the depression hits it will be certain areas of the UK that will suffer most and obviously those with the least exposable income so bums on seats may be something that we'll be looking forward to for far longer that the pandemic.

Can you change your avatar picture , it's making me ill 😷

51 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

What kind of crowds would Bradford get in Super League in 2021?

Hard to say. We've had so many punches to the gut in past 10 years, I don't know how many people will have just drifted away, never to return. Like many clubs we have a very ageing fanbase. A lot would need to be done to re-engage the city.

Assuming Odsal, I would expect roughly 6-8K, with considerably more for the Leeds derby and possibly a couple of other big games. There might a bit of an initial bounce for the nostalgia of Odsal, but it might dissipate if we are being hammered every week which we would with our current squad.

As for travelling support, well, that's always been good, and has stayed proportionately good. Certainly higher than most other SL teams for sure, which would leave certain SL chairman rubbing their hands with glee

FWIW I hope we don't get the nod. We simply aren't ready, either on or off the field. It would simply be a one-year stay to give the other teams a boost from our travelling support and probably end with us relegated with zero (or close to it) points and back in Administration  (again) 

Archived