Promotion Criteria Publicised

11 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

They could always get their fans to do a Fev and get them to dismantle the stands from Odsal and erect them at Dewsbury. Alternatively they could move to Park Avenue and erect the stands there (RFL allowing).

Are there any stands at Odsal, is it not just concrete steps on a hill?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damien said:

Just see this from 1988 about Odsal, quite fitting in the context of the last few pages. Not much has changed in 32 years thats for sure:

It is a desperate place to watch RL, especially when the weather is bad. I last went three years ago and said never again, the pitch was a mud bath and it pi**ed it down all throughout the game.

13 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

It is a desperate place to watch RL, especially when the weather is bad. I last went three years ago and said never again, the pitch was a mud bath and it pi**ed it down all throughout the game.

I think they will be playing at Dewsbury though, which gives many new possibilities for expanding the game. 

10 hours ago, Oldbear said:

Good question, it should be something that safe, clean, dry, comfortable for fans, a place that doesn’t put off the first time visitor from returning and projects a professional image to TV viewers and potential sponsors. 

Which is lovely, but as a southern evangelist for the sport, where do I take newcomers to get them hooked? 

Cas. And I’m not a Cas fan. But when they’re on song a packed Wheldon Road has the best atmosphere in the league. When we go for their second or third match somewhere else I’ve had to apologise that it’s not going to be like that before now...

15 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Question for you, and I will work on the assumption you have a degree of intelligence

If your business employs 100 people and you lose 40% of turnover do you a) Do nothing pay everybody as if nothing had happened, until there was nothing left and fold b) Communicate the issue and restructure your business and thus saving it to rise again c) Offer the business for sale debt free but with crippling contracts

Derek tried c, no offers btw took option b and paid off contracts with no creditor or HMRC problems

I see a big chunk of the RL Illuminati on here lean to a, then wonder why the sport is laughed at by the wealth we fail to attract

Is "illuminati" on the RL forums bingo board?

Do you understand its meaning?

I also assume that you have this same degree.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, Niels said:

I think they will be playing at Dewsbury though, which gives many new possibilities for expanding the game. 

They don't actually have permission to play at Dewsbury beyond 2020.

As I understand it was never a medium-term plan, never mind long-term, to play there. If they did their support would rapidly melt away. In other words, I can't see Dewsbury's ground being a part of the equation in their application for SL.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

As I understand it was never a medium-term plan, never mind long-term, to play there. If they did their support would rapidly melt away. In other words, I can't see Dewsbury's ground being a part of the equation in their application for SL.

They could have included a merger proposal agreed to by your Chairman and their CEO 😉

13 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Hole !! It’s an amphitheater 

It's an R'sole of a place, just to big for a RL club to maintain over the years it is no wonder that the majority of the stadium is unfit for purpose , it should have been sold off to developers years ago, it has been shackling the club for years.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has Leigh dropped out, or has the TRL panel rejected their bid?

No official word but it seems they don't meet criteria however the wording is about as clear as mud in the document that was sent out.

The funny thing I find in the document is that Fax were ruled out by the initial criteria yet that were the only part of the criteria we didn't meet. The irony is not lost on me that if London had been in the championship they would have also been ruled out by the same criteria. I get the argument that London had earned the right to play in SL but in the same way Fax had earned the right to compete in the Middle 8's. Then again our average attendance in the middle 8's was only 3k so nothing to write home about but still somewhere better than London's of just over 1k. Besides did I mention we attracted a crowd of over 33k for a challenge cup semi final a couple of seasons back? 😆

19 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

No official word but it seems they don't meet criteria however the wording is about as clear as mud in the document that was sent out.

The funny thing I find in the document is that Fax were ruled out by the initial criteria yet that were the only part of the criteria we didn't meet. The irony is not lost on me that if London had been in the championship they would have also been ruled out by the same criteria. I get the argument that London had earned the right to play in SL but in the same way Fax had earned the right to compete in the Middle 8's. Then again our average attendance in the middle 8's was only 3k so nothing to write home about but still somewhere better than London's of just over 1k. Besides did I mention we attracted a crowd of over 33k for a challenge cup semi final a couple of seasons back? 😆

Has I have said previously Oxy, I would sooner fight for promotion next season in the Championship in a DR free environment, so if Leigh's bid is rejected that is not something that would concern me to much.

Secondly no I don't recall you mentioning Fax and a semi final🤔, when was it, where was it and who was the opposition?

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thanks.

It was wondering if it might be a back door way into super league for our area, so after a year we could change the name to Kirkless or Ossett 🙂

1 hour ago, rlfan2020 said:

Dewsbury pitch too small for super League isn't it?

Are the requirements different? If so I didn't know this.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You are quite right BSJ and thanks for putting that point. The RFL in agreeing to the Bulls playing at Dewsbury were clear that it was a one-season deal. Of course, we've had COVID since - but the point remains: It isn't a long term 'solution' and therefore can't be part of any bid for SL status.

Archived