Promotion Criteria Publicised

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

I've got sky sports full package and bt sports and I ain't with sky or bt, I'm with Virgin media for the fibre optic cable mainly haha. So paying full whack. I don't watch super league, well I do because its on, I've got cas tigers fans in my house ffs. The better half, and my young daughters are cas fans as well, even though they have been to post office road as well as Wheldon Road quite a bit. Its perplexing to say the least. Must be Glory hunters the daughters, but my missus is from cas so can let her off. Anyway, this virgin media full monty costs a bloody arm and a leg. I watch all types of sports otherwise I'd reckon on we were getting rid of tv deal if championship weren't on  (+ nrl) , the only thing we all watch live on traditional channels now is sport. The rest of the time its Netflix and amazon prime tv innit. 

Moral of the story, if p&r is ended, can't see it because its enshrined. I'm cutting cable, well at least sky sports channels! And I feel I may cut my loses with the club I supported home & away all through childhood, where we used to run on at final hooter as young uns for players tie ups to wear down at travellers saints matches (fev lions now) in changing room 'yeah I got these ones off brendon tuuta.....' 

Fully cut ties with the sport played at school, club, watched the beloved rovers, had to play union from aged 17 cos left home.....because clearly towns like these aren't wanted or required, or are damaging for the sport.....yeah OK. Ill move on from the sport and from rovers even though rovers have always done all they can and its not their fault. 

13 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I wouldn’t be fine with my club being poor all season, no, I’d want changes at the club on and off the field. Would I mind relegation? If those are the rules, so be it. Personally, I’m against relegation at all but that’s another issue for another time. 

"I wouldn’t be fine with my club being poor all season"

Yes but another club would have been poorer, and some people think that should be rewarded. 

"If those were the rules",

They are not thank goodness and I hope the day never comes just because a club is in another country it can be saved from relegation, but playing in the same competition doesn't sound right when it is said like that does it?

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

"I wouldn’t be fine with my club being poor all season"

Yes but another club would have been poorer, and some people think that should be rewarded. 

"If those were the rules",

They are not thank goodness and I hope the day never comes just because a club is in another country it can be saved from relegation, but playing in the same competition doesn't sound right when it is said like that does it?

If those were the rules, we’d have to abide by them and the “reward” would go to another team. 

It does not sound right but that’s not because of xenophobia, it’s because relegation is daft. 

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It does not sound right but that’s not because of xenophobia, it’s because relegation is daft. 

Not as daft as xenophobia!

But it is on the list of top ten for our sport.

It's funny how people tend to ignore all the damage it does.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

If those were the rules, we’d have to abide by them and the “reward” would go to another team. 

Yes, Tony Smith thinks Relegation is daft, but when he was Coach of Huddersfield in the Championship he was all for it. If the Closed Shop comes into being again, what is the point of many Clubs carrying on when the door is slammed shut?

They can stick the money from a reduced tv deal where the sun don't shine..........but by hell they are keeping p&r. 12th out of 12, the worst club must unfortunately suffer relegation, rebuild and go again for the overall good of the 36 Clubs, including SL Clubs.  

2 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Yes, Tony Smith thinks Relegation is daft, but when he was Coach of Huddersfield in the Championship he was all for it.

No, he was for promotion!

3 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Yes, Tony Smith thinks Relegation is daft, but when he was Coach of Huddersfield in the Championship he was all for it. If the Closed Shop comes into being again, what is the point of many Clubs carrying on when the door is slammed shut?

I think that’s pretty disrespectful to clubs outside of any closed door. 

41 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Rude, and untrue.

Its entirely consistent with my view on English P/R and international club sides. 

Tommy, you said.

The bottom English team in Super League replaced with the top English team in the championship.

So Toronto should have been overlooked to be consistent with your view?

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

But now he is against relegation, he said so only a few months ago, do you have selective veiwing and only see what you want to read?

No I was explaining the difference between his outlook then which was for promotion, which was both understandable & not the same at all as favouring releagation.

Why we have these P&R arguments? It's enshrined in legal documentation as a result of the last in house fall out. It's going to take a hell of a lot of that PE cash to alter that in settlement. Or, maybe they are planning to walk away from SLE Ltd and close it down to start something fresh using the PE cash to free them of baggage that way. OMG rather than using PE money (buy off locked out clubs or start a newco) to seal themselves off in an ever more exclusive bubble of Owners, Clubs, Fans & Viewers why not help out Coventry Bears, Newcastle Thunder, London Skolars and even West Wales Raiders to be something? For League 1 to come out of the shadows, making the Championship even stronger and thus making SL stronger as the elite, the very top of something bigger and better.....In 25 years with determination and a plan, fairness and commitment it could be at a point L1 Clubs are taking in £250k Funding each, Championship £1.5m and SL £5m, overtaking Pro14 and back on par with Premiership Rugby player affordability wise. Stop our payers and coaches leaving leaving and be in the market for their best.    

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Tommy, you said.

The bottom English team in Super League replaced with the top English team in the championship.

So Toronto should have been overlooked to be consistent with your view?

Toronto, alongside any international club side, shouldn't have been in the championship so yes, absolutely it is.

16 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Has anybody thought about the Championship, and Championship 1? When are they going to start playing? When are our community leagues going to start playing? This, again, is all about Super League.

I'm sure the RFL are working on that

20 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

In 25 years with determination and a plan, fairness and commitment it could be at a point L1 Clubs are taking in £250k Funding each, Championship £1.5m and SL £5m, overtaking Pro14 and back on par with Premiership Rugby player affordability wise. Stop our payers and coaches leaving leaving and be in the market for their best.    

While I admire your optimism, you're suggesting that in 25 years we could be where RU is *now* and that it will have stood still in the meantime....

Archived