Promotion Criteria Publicised

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I would still be happy to watch promotion or not, I would rather be the best in the Championship than the worst in Super League. I don't support Hull FC so it doesn't bother me what they do. Our attendances before Super League were similar to Leigh's and if we were challenging for the Championship every year I'm sure that they would hold up.

That isn't what I asked you , I asked if you would be happy stuck permenantly outside SL with a slowly withering number of fans ?

7 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

It wasn't a closed shop as Widnes will say.

Yes the club promoted from 5 th place , you'd have been happy with that ? 

And that was only because they were increasing the numbers in SL 

It is amazing just how mich a thread can be sidetracked, isn't it?

A real discource about the relative merits of the candidates was too big an ask for people intent on old wounds, pet hates and picking at sores.

The reason people are so upset about past decisions is they were made by people just like us and most often got them wrong, because by the time they made them the circumstances had changed.

Mostly you sound like Aussies still going on about a refs decision from 1959!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

It is amazing just how mich a thread can be sidetracked, isn't it?

A real discource about the relative merits of the candidates was too big an ask for people intent on old wounds, pet hates and picking at sores.

The reason people are so upset about past decisions is they were made by people just like us and most often got them wrong, because by the time they made them the circumstances had changed.

Mostly you sound like Aussies still going on about a refs decision from 1959!

The reason the thread has sidetracked is it is ridiculous that it's taking weeks to make this decision , it could and should have been done in a week , we're all bored of it

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

The reason the thread has sidetracked is it is ridiculous that it's taking weeks to make this decision , it could and should have been done in a week , we're all bored of it

Gubby I think you're just bored, full-stop. And you don't seem to be enjoying this at all, meaning RL/TGG.

If they'd made the decision in record time the thread would've been about the lack of due dilligence or how unfair it was to so&so because they hadn't had time!

In other words the moaning is more important than the sport!

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Gubby I think you're just bored, full-stop. And you don't seem to be enjoying this at all, meaning RL/TGG.

If they'd made the decision in record time the thread would've been about the lack of due dilligence or how unfair it was to so&so because they hadn't had time!

Bored ? , Without doubt , no RL for 8 months 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Bored ? , Without doubt , no RL for 8 months 

Bored if you do & bored if you don't!

I think you need the off season to recuperate, even so.

10 minutes ago, Oxford said:

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Bored if you do & bored if you don't!

I think you need the off season to recuperate, even so.

It's watching live I am interested in , not really on TV when it's 2 teams I've no real attachment to , yes I know there's plenty on here who are essentially just armchair fans , but I'm not one of those 

34 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Yes I would personally. I would rather that than no Pro RL or Rovers at all.

Happy ? 

Why do you suggest no RL or no Rovers ? , Why add something irrelivant to your answer ? 

HKR locked out of a Licenced SL would still exist , pro RL would still exist 

There would always be a few hundred people willing to watch them play out games with a shiney trophy at the end of the season 

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

They were the rules so I would just have to accept that we should have done better.

' done better ' ? , As in what way ? , On the pitch ? , In your application ? , 

I'll leave it there , if you truly believe you'd be happy locked out , never to be considered due entirely to your location , then good on you , I'm obviously not as good a RL fan as your good self 

All the best 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

It's watching live I am interested in , not really on TV when it's 2 teams I've no real attachment to , yes I know there's plenty on here who are essentially just armchair fans , but I'm not one of those 

I think you're confusing armchair with TGG fans who would watch a game of Subuteo RL if it was streamed live, though if it's attachment that you need which kit do you need the subuteo players in and we'll see if John Drake can arrange a Saturday night kick off as he's got nowt on at the moment.

Archived