Criteria published for the 12th SL place

Les Tonks Sidestep

9 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

Don't worry Robin, you certainly won't be laughing as your beloved trip to Francais will be gone next season. Unless of course you change allegiance to a SL club and then you could have two trips. 🤔 😉

I think you're quite right with your predictions owd cock. I'll be pizzed off I miss the trip like

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever the result i will open a bottle of red to celebrate Monday night.For the clubs efforts to reach S.L. and all the fans who want to watch S.L. Rugby if we are in.And to celebrate us remaining in The Championship playing our games on Sunday instead of not knowing if its Thurs,Friday,Saturday or Sunday if we are not picked.Toulouse would be my choice.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Whatever the result i will open a bottle of red to celebrate Monday night.For the clubs efforts to reach S.L. and all the fans who want to watch S.L. Rugby if we are in.And to celebrate us remaining in The Championship playing our games on Sunday instead of not knowing if its Thurs,Friday,Saturday or Sunday if we are not picked.Toulouse would be my choice.

Can you just imagine the soul searching, much lashing and gnashing of teeth....the utter implosion across the rugby parts of social medium and forums if fev got chosen????

I'd be besides me sen laughing.....

Before the reality of that decision actually impacted.

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

I don't think that's an important factor in the bid. In SL 6 clubs don't currently own their grounds.

The grounds criterion is likely to have a low weighting since one of the applicants doesn't currently have an approved ground to play at next season, rented or otherwise...... 

On 11/12/2020 at 09:46, spanishknight said:

12 noon

"Do not forsake me...................."

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Makes me laugh this is supposed to be competitive sport the only criteria that should count is on the field. Unfortunately we can’t do anything for the season just finished because it was only 5 games so should follow the last playoffs but the SL have decided differently because they want to pick the club irrespective of their performance.

No wonder we are pith poor at international level 

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Can you just imagine the soul searching, much lashing and gnashing of teeth....the utter implosion across the rugby parts of social medium and forums if fev got chosen????

More chance of c@$ getting a new ground then us getting in SL.

On 12/12/2020 at 09:03, lingard said:

How many of the clubs that have applied own their grounds and can provide an income stream outside of Rugby?

On 12/12/2020 at 09:40, Bulls2487 said:

I don't think that's an important factor in the bid. In SL 6 clubs don't currently own their grounds.

Ah but you support a club that doesn’t have a ground, hasn’t won any competitions and hasn't finished higher than 6th in the Championship.  you would say that.  The game has changed because of the damage done by Covid, its in danger of folding and the SL has 6 teams already that are effectively just a name.   The game needs a club that is stable and can provide income external to Sky monies and has collateral behind it.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Next season will be difficult for S.L clubs as i can't see crowds of over 4000 allowed in until at the earliest the last few weeks of the season.Championship clubs are on a much better footing gatewise and will not suffer the financial constraints of S.L. clubs.No complaints with any club in the running except Bradford getting the nod into S.L I would say i am finished with the game if Bradford get in,but why penalise myself from watching Championship rugby.Amost forgot we beat Bradford away [Dewsbury] this season so performances on the field will bear no reflection on selection.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:55, Robin Evans said:

Im not sure there will be much outcry if Fev are chosen. I can't really say Ive seen much on social media suggesting that as most of the outcry seems to be directed towards the Bulls. Certain Fax fans have already been whipped in to a frenzy over their possible inclusion and personally think it would be funny just to watch them lose it if the Bulls are the chosen ones. The only reason I would be angry if Fev went up would be for pure selfish reasons in that Fev have been one of our main rivals for like the past 15 years and they are one of very few games I really look forward to in this league.

I wouldn't be annoyed at all if Fev went up. I actually think that from a RL playing perspective, Fev and Leigh have the best case. Unfortunately, it won't be made on a playing perspective. I do think for Leigh and Fev, their best chance would be through promotion next year. That way, hopefully, neither can be denied if P and R are still operating. I am not sure there is much to be gained from being dropped into SL with reduced money and squads that have a championship focus. I view the million £ as a bribe, for the accepted club to simply accept relegation next season on the back of a season of hammerings. It might be a bit of a challenge just to survive a season like that.

Saying that, I will be very unhappy if Bradford go up as they are the least deserving IMO.

13 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I wouldn't be annoyed at all if Fev went up. I actually think that from a RL playing perspective, Fev and Leigh have the best case. Unfortunately, it won't be made on a playing perspective. I do think for Leigh and Fev, there best chance would be through promotion next year. That way, hopefully, neither can be denied if P and R are still operating. I am not sure there is much to be gained from being dropped into SL with reduced money and squads that have a championship focus. I view the million £ as a bribe, for the accepted club to simply accept relegation next season on the back of a season of hammerings. It might be a bit of a challenge just to survive a season like that.

Saying that, I will be very unhappy if Bradford go up as they are the least deserving IMO.

Don't be surprised if P & R is dropped from next season. 

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

P & R has been confirmed for next season hasn't it? After that who knows especially with the TV deal expected to be a lot less.

It may well have been confirmed. Don't be surprised if P &R is dropped from next season. 🤷‍♂️

On 07/12/2020 at 11:17, the mutt said:

good luck,hope you go up.knocking on the door for ages and a well run club i.m.o.it should not be about expansion at all costs,id rather it was on merit.i am also hoping  Barrow go up .wee can but dream!

This sums it up.  It should be us.  OF COURSE IT SHOULD BE US.  Whether it will be is another matter (lets not get into the the corruption / conspiracy theory thing)  If only one of the criteria was 'it must be their ####ing turn' - we'd walk it.

All this talk about preferring to be promoted next year just shows how institutionalized we've become.

Leigh then as Robin was confident it would be.Good luck to them,good ground and squad plus a chairman willing to throw the cash about to play in S.L..Any team would have been ok by me apart from Bradford.The only plus i could give them would be for their academy developing young players.Our proximity to Wakey and Cas plus our inability to grow attendances was always going to be againt us.As i have said before we are not wanted in S.L. and will have to earn promotion on the field to get in.However when will they pull the drawbridge up?and revert to a closed shop.

Right, Leigh it is.

Think most of us will feel:
a) Should have been us really
b) That's not a bad outcome for us

We've got a cracking squad, there isn't a standout opponent in the league (which isn't to say Toulouse for sure, and York, maybe even a couple of others won't be dangers). The announcement pretty much confirmed promotion and relegation continue in 2021, so I'm now looking forward to our centenary season and hopefully getting into SL at last.

At least they're out of the way. With the squad they have assembled they would probably have walked it next season. I wonder if Derek knew summat the rest of us didn't? Anyroad, another upside is that Robin can start planning his annual jaunt to 🇫🇷 😃.

Archived