2025 World Cup

Eddie

Spent half an hour on Skype last night with my french friend Bernard who was once on the federation committee years ago.

Anyway he reckons that if the favourite wins it (New election for president) will be the best thing to happen for years and that they will make a massive effort to host the WC in 2025.

Paul

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, flyingking said:

I would be surprised that with France already hosting two major sporting events at that time (RU World Cup 2023 and Paris 2024 Olympics) if there is any money left in the sports events kitty. When your country hosts an Olympics, there is no additional need to promote your country afterwards.

On the contrary, they often want to build a spring legacy afterwards and host as many sporting events as become available to them. Competitively speaking, a RLWC would be peanuts in comparison to others. A cheap way to build on legacy.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

On the contrary, they often want to build a spring legacy afterwards and host as many sporting events as become available to them. Competitively speaking, a RLWC would be peanuts in comparison to others. A cheap way to build on legacy.

I agree wasn't it the French who invented the Olympics/Football World Cup and RL World Cup 

I have a really good feeling about France hosting the RLWC 2025 and if they get the nod needs to be NOW to enable a team to be put into place.

Paul

I really think 2025 should be in southern hemisphere. It sounds boring, but it is a safe option. You could let PNG host its group stage games (3), NZ and Tonga group matches in NZ (6), then the rest (22) in Australia.

France should aim for 2029, to give them ample time to prepare, lobby govt. (Federal and local) fir funding etc. Plus, it would be the 75 year anniversary since the first-ever WC in 🇫🇷 France in 1954!

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I was just going to reply along these lines but you saved me. Lets face it the £15 million in funding provided by the UK Government for next years World Cup is easily the best funded World Cup we have had, and that's loose change to any Government, and a fraction of the funding other World sports events get. If a French bid attracted the same level of funding, or better, then such an outlay by Government would easily be recouped by the economic benefits a World Cup would bring.

53 minutes ago, Damien said:

I was just going to reply along these lines but you saved me. Lets face it the £15 million in funding provided by the UK Government for next years World Cup is easily the best funded World Cup we have had, and that's loose change to any Government, and a fraction of the funding other World sports events get. If a French bid attracted the same level of funding, or better, then such an outlay by Government would easily be recouped by the economic benefits a World Cup would bring.

I think Damien that a WC in France would easily attract more than this from the city halls and regions and remember the stadiums would be FREE as well.

Paul

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I think Damien that a WC in France would easily attract more than this from the city halls and regions and remember the stadiums would be FREE as well.

Paul

I don't see why not either and hopefully it would. It's more an illustration that it really doesn't take much to underwrite a profitable RL World Cup.

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't see why not either and hopefully it would. It's more an illustration that it really doesn't take much to underwrite a profitable RL World Cup.

I agree in France its ALL about contacts and wining and dining the Maries and heads of regions (Paris doesn't even need to come into it really) I can see strong competition to host matches.

Paul

Archived