Andy Last

Col81

12 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Saints fan here, watched this guy for a couple of months I love his enthusiasm he deserves the job the players clearly love him. Do the right thing give him a 1 year deal for next season to have a go. Good luck Andy

I liked it when he said he’ll happily go back to being an assistant if he doesn’t get the head coaches job,class act and a proper club man,gotta give him a shot.

20 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Saints fan here, watched this guy for a couple of months I love his enthusiasm he deserves the job the players clearly love him. Do the right thing give him a 1 year deal for next season to have a go. Good luck Andy

Do you think he's a shoe-in?

52 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I liked it when he said he’ll happily go back to being an assistant if he doesn’t get the head coaches job,class act and a proper club man,gotta give him a shot.

That’s because it had already been indicated to him that he wouldn’t be getting the top job 

It may already be the case that we have agreed terms with someone else and just waiting for the season to end before announcing. If that's not the case then I think Last has now done more than enough to get a shot. 

He took over in the toughest circumstances you can imagine, big question marks over him, unable to do anything with the players for the first few months due to lockdown. Then we come back and promptly get thrashed by Salford. Then a big covid outbreak in the camp. To call it a baptism of fire is an understatement. I was firmly of the opinion that he should have gone along with Radford.

Yet week on week we have seen consistent improvements. Our attack looks slicker, our desire in defence is better. When we have had off days we have still kept our heads up and given it our best shot. He loves the club and the players obviously have loads of respect for him. I'd be more than happy to give him the job at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Think he's finally found a working balance in the team with Connor at fullback. A good running 6 to compliment Sneyd and we'll have a great triangle there next season.

Shaul may miss out next year.

As exciting as Shaul can be running with the ball, I've long thought he was holding Hull's attack back. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Think he's finally found a working balance in the team with Connor at fullback. A good running 6 to compliment Sneyd and we'll have a great triangle there next season.

Shaul may miss out next year.

Jake Connor at full back has been a masterstroke.

I love watching him play, I’ve thought for a few years now that he’s the most naturally talented player in Super League. 

58 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I love watching him play, I’ve thought for a few years now that he’s the most naturally talented player in Super League. 

Just occurred to me now that he reminds me of Tomas Bosc. A sort of relaxed, laid back magic type of thing. (I'm on my second whisky).

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

13 hours ago, corvusxiii said:

Just occurred to me now that he reminds me of Tomas Bosc. A sort of relaxed, laid back magic type of thing. (I'm on my second whisky).

I loved watching Bosc.  Very skilful and could see attacking opportunities when most couldn't.

20 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Jake has played at full back in a playoff game before.

6 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Is that the case?  Andy certainly knew Pearson was casting his net out, but I thought  he would still be considered along with others.

Perhaps he’ll be back in the reckoning, but they’d already offered it elsewhere and Watson turned it down

8 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Wasn't Radford going to a Rugby Union Club in America?

Dallas Tigers' RU defensive coach, iirc.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

11 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Perhaps he’ll be back in the reckoning, but they’d already offered it elsewhere and Watson turned it down

Andy is ok.  Whether Pearson values him enough remains to be seen but he must have something for Wane to choose him as an assistant.

On 13/11/2020 at 12:14, corvusxiii said:

I saw your post here the other day and I`ve been meaning to get back to it. Mate there has to be some advantages of getting older and I think looking back on bygone eras is one of them. A young whipper snapper tried to tell me on here recently that there were two markers so that they could split and defend either side of the ruck,  I kindly pointed out to him that there were two markers because `once upon a time ` the marker used to strike at the ball and the second marker was there to pick it up. Kids, they know it all. As I say to my kids, I like my experts to be old. I saw Irish liked your comment, no coincidence he`s got a few miles on the clock as well, no offence Irish, anyway mate I understand the sentiment of your post perfectly. Hooroo.

Hull is one of the toughest gigs in SL imo, it has so much potential but never lives up too it and is far too inconsistent. 

Andy seems well respected and you can see that in the performances recently, I would imagine he'll be assistant next year with Daryll Powell at the helm.

For me, Daryll has done something remarkable at Castleford and they will only see how good he is when he's gone. But he needs a new project and Hull is perfect for him. It has a good youth system, and they can easily spend the full salary cap.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Archived