Silverlight

Criteria cover the categories

a. Market Size and Commercial Potential

b. Future Performance and Growth Plans

c. Playing Performance

d. Facilities and ability to host live TV Broadcast and key partners

e. Finance and Sustainability

f. Ownership, Management and Governance

The Knights could compare well against other applicants based on this criteria.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Silverlight said:

Criteria cover the categories

a. Market Size and Commercial Potential

b. Future Performance and Growth Plans

c. Playing Performance

d. Facilities and ability to host live TV Broadcast and key partners

e. Finance and Sustainability

f. Ownership, Management and Governance

The Knights could compare well against other applicants based on this criteria.

Part of the criteria includes average Championship attendance of 2k or more in 2018 or 2019. According to my records we had 2,167 average in 2019. Thank you Bradford Bulls!! 

http://www.superleague.co.uk/uploads/docs/2021_SuperLeague_Application.pdf

General administration and regulatory compliance.

Panel will consider compliance including the following(and each applicant club should cover each of the below in its application):

a.All NI/PAYE/VAT & other HMRC (or relevant countries equivalent) payments are up todate, with the exclusion of any ongoing investigation or recent extraordinary assessments

b.Club has not paid its players late in 2018, 2019 or 2020

c.Club has not had any court judgments made against it in 2018, 2019 or 2020

d.No party has commenced legal action against the club for overdue payments

e.Club has not been late filing accounts with Companies House (or equivalent in other countries or territories) for its 2018 & 2019 financial years

Does this rule Bradford and Leigh out?

CHAMPIONS 2005

Club has an average attendance of at least 2,000 in the 2018 or 2019 Regular Seasons (defined as per Section D below)

Halifax ruled out.

Club was in the Super League or finished in the Championship Top 6 in either 2018 or 2019

Panelwill consider any cases of Misconduct which led to a points deduction and/or a fine of £5k or greater (including any suspended fine)

Widnes ruled out.

CHAMPIONS 2005

Don't know why the RFL don't just announce York now to be honest, give us more time to get a flight sorted for Benji Marshall.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 13/11/2020 at 17:20, Ainley Top said:

Because it's Toulouse. 🇫🇷

Does anyone know how the finances thing works with Toulouse now? Compared to other clubs, I assume they have flights to pay for every fortnight for away games, and also assume that UK sides travelling to Toulouse, get those and hotels too, paid for them (by the RL, or Toulouse in the same way that Toronto did)? Or do the likes of York, travelling to away games in the south of France, have to meet those costs themselves?

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

22 hours ago, Rooney's Ears said:

Result not until next month?

I know that's the party line december 16th but  according to grandson on everything  related to twittersphere et al   all the talk is BRADFORD have been chosen 

3 minutes ago, POR said:

I know that's the party line december 16th but  according to grandson on everything  related to twittersphere et al   all the talk is BRADFORD have been chosen 

Oh well that's that then.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

9 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

really enjoy beating the bull,s on a regular basis , so hopefully won,t be them , toulouse and leigh must be favourites .

York are favourites.

A-F the Knights tick the boxes the downside is that we don't have a full time squad. Would I like to see York in Super League of course. Would I like it on the terms offered possibly not. £1million from Central funding. If you split that evenly across a 23 man squad it gives £43k each, I know it wont be split evenly and there will be room for a marquee signing but we have to think, would a season or 2 of top end championship be better than 1 year exposure of Super League relegation battles. We will do well to stay up above KR, Wakey and possibly Salford now Watson has gone. 

Whoever goes up are being allowed to do so because the Super Duper clubs voted to allow it whilst at the same time decided the promoted side would have to compete on vastly inferior terms to the existing clubs. Only two thirds of the hand out and hardly any time to try and get a team together which is able to compete on a regular basis. There aren't many teams who have been promoted who have won many games never mind stayed up and that's when they've received full funding.If ever a team was being set up to be a sacrificial lamb this looks like it to me. It goes against the grain having to talk like this but they are facts that I've just mentioned. When the Knight's go up I want to see them achieve it on the pitch and go up on equal terms, not having to compete with one hand tied behind their back.

5 minutes ago, Mike M said:

Also 1.5M in debt up nearly 1M from a year before. How can they even be considered? 

I’d be surprised if they are. 

2 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Whoever goes up are being allowed to do so because the Super Duper clubs voted to allow it 

the'ave done it because sky want 12 if they didn't it would have stayed 11

2 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

decided the promoted side would have to compete on vastly inferior terms to the existing clubs.  

apparently it's because those naughty championship clubs could furlough their players and haven't had to pay for testing 

https://www.totalrl.com/reduced-distribution-for-promoted-club-explained/

I reckon if you chucked a million quid more at the squads Fev, Leigh, Toulouse & York have already put together, you’d more than compete with the likes of Hull KR & Wakefield. 

Archived