Criteria for 12th place..

Silverlight

46 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I reckon if you chucked a million quid more at the squads Fev, Leigh, Toulouse & York have already put together, you’d more than compete with the likes of Hull KR & Wakefield. 

Correct. You look at the squad that's been assembled for the Championship and then add a fair bit of money and talent to it and VOILA, you're competitive in Super League.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, getemonsideblog said:

Correct. You look at the squad that's been assembled for the Championship and then add a fair bit of money and talent to it and VOILA, you're competitive in Super League.

problem is , 80% of our squad wouldn,t wan,t full time rugby

22 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

problem is , 80% of our squad wouldn,t wan,t full time rugby

Do you know that or are you presuming?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

6 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Thats why a couple of players have dropped down to the Championship, because they are starting their own business, other clubs will be the same.

Yeah I know, but 80% is basically all but about 6 players. Should have said just said "some" players.

Should we get the nod, I reckon most of the players we've signed will want to play in SL.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

9 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Yeah I know, but 80% is basically all but about 6 players. Should have said just said "some" players.

Should we get the nod, I reckon most of the players we've signed will want to play in SL.

And want full time pay. Plus how do you cull the squad to buy SL standard players to be competitive. The timing of this 12th SL club is too late considering how large our squad is already unless we lose all the ex SL players that don't want to go back to full time rugby. 

On 17/11/2020 at 11:35, Simon Hall said:

York won't get the nod. 🇫🇷

25 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

York won't get the nod. 🇫🇷

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 14.00.33.png

Article on main page saying likely us. Hope it's not puts whoever go up another season behind go up to come down start in championship 2022 instead having a solid 2021 championship season and pushing for super league that way.

just give it to the money man that is derek.

4 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Article on main page saying likely us. Hope it's not puts whoever go up another season behind go up to come down start in championship 2022 instead having a solid 2021 championship season and pushing for super league that way.

What main page? Nobody knows yet. 

3 minutes ago, Mike M said:

What main page? Nobody knows yet. 

Someone from Total RL wrote a clickbait article saying the criteria is weighted towards Bradford Bulls. 

9 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Another late filing by the Bulls. 11th January 2020 Confirmation Statement filed with Companies House 2nd September 2020. Only 8 months late, so another criteria item failed. 

To be fair to Jon, he put forward a good case on the radio interview and it was clear how ambitious he is about the area and great the wider North Yorkshire is being mentioned in that plan. 

If you gave a non sports follower the list of cities Bradford, London, Toulouse and York would straight away be the only ones they have heard of. If you showed them pictures of their current grounds. Toulouse and York are the only 2 that stand out. The issue for Toulouse is always going to be around the travel, we leave the EU officially end of December and obviously Covid-19. If France don't have a vaccine plan in place before us are Super League going to fund the Toulouse squad to go private? If I am honest I can clearly see why we are in that mix of clubs looking for promotion. If the board backs Fev that would be 3 teams in a WF postcode and be a backwards step, they also don't bring anything commercially to the game. 

From a RL point of view Bradford, Leigh, London, Toulouse and York all have strong cases. Can Bradford be deemed financially viable? A strong London bid could and should wipe the floor as a sport without a team in the Capital is rare to say the least! Although heart says York there are viable reasons for all but I hope the "M62ers" don't get onboard if its not York make it something different

League Express readers, through the paper’s Readers’ poll, which attracted over 5,000 votes, have called for York City Knights to take the 12th place in Super League for 2021.

The place is available after Toronto were denied access to the competition for next year after pulling out of 2020’s campaign and, according to the paper’s readership, York are the best bet for a replacement.

The North Yorkshire club, coached by James Ford, pictured, registered their interest in the spot, along with a whole host of both Championship and League 1 clubs but almost 40 percent would like to see the Knights in Super League with their brand new stadium opening ready for next year as well as a squad full of ex-Super League talent.

Coming in second were the French side Toulouse Olympique (13 percent)who arguably have the best squad outside of the top division ready to step up to the next level.

Leigh Centurions took 12 percent of the vote while Featherstone Rovers registered nine percent.

Bradford Bulls, who have been talked about as one of the front runners for the position with their large fan base, came in with eight percent while the rest of the vote was taken by London Broncos (seven percent), Widnes Vikings (four percent), Halifax (three percent) and Newcastle Thunder (one percent). Three percent thought that none of the clubs should I apply.

Could it be possible that whoever Win's the vote to be claiming the vacant position of 12th club in superleague is moving into a very uncompetitive competition , having just witnessed the semi's in their prestigious competition the victors won by a massive 77 points to 4 . Wigan and saints are streets ahead , Leeds and Warrington are the nearest challengers , the rest to be honest are ALSO-RANS . championship for me any day.😀😀😀

On 20/11/2020 at 22:26, georgeb1 said:

Could it be possible that whoever Win's the vote to be claiming the vacant position of 12th club in superleague is moving into a very uncompetitive competition , having just witnessed the semi's in their prestigious competition the victors won by a massive 77 points to 4 . Wigan and saints are streets ahead , Leeds and Warrington are the nearest challengers , the rest to be honest are ALSO-RANS . championship for me any day.😀😀😀

i agree completely with this. i hardly ever bother watching socalledsuperleague these days. its as dull as last weeks dishwater. nrl and the championship are way more competitive, even league 1 is a better watch.. personally id soonest see SL wander off on its own with a franchising thing and no promotion, and let Ch/L1 reform as its own stand alone comp with its own tv deal at whatever level that was. id sooner subscribe to leagueTV.com or whatever than sky any day. non SL rugby gets shafted year after year by a hand full of 'big' clubs in SL. we should leave em to play silly b*ggers in their own world while the rest of us enjoy some entertaining COMPETITIVE rugby.

1 hour ago, Nearenough said:

i agree completely with this. i hardly ever bother watching socalledsuperleague these days. its as dull as last weeks dishwater. nrl and the championship are way more competitive, even league 1 is a better watch.. personally id soonest see SL wander off on its own with a franchising thing and no promotion, and let Ch/L1 reform as its own stand alone comp with its own tv deal at whatever level that was. id sooner subscribe to leagueTV.com or whatever than sky any day. non SL rugby gets shafted year after year by a hand full of 'big' clubs in SL. we should leave em to play silly b*ggers in their own world while the rest of us enjoy some entertaining COMPETITIVE rugby.

My feelings entirely. Whilst I believe in aiming for the top in any sport, and think Fax should have gone for SL if possible, the way the championship clubs are treated is little short of corrupt. If a way could be found I wouldn't be against letting SL go their own way, the RFL keep the Challenge Cup and the 'elite' can go and play with theirselves 5/6 times a season. It wouldn't be long before they would realise that without clubs such as Leigh, Widnes, York and Fax Rugby League would be in a much poorer state.

I just want to see my club play in the top flight of the sport. 

York as a club, city and area offer more than any other club in the mix. It's the 21st century, stop heralding past glories and look forwards. What can other teams offer that we can't? This is - and should be - about more than just on the pitch and selling a few more burgers and pints on the terraces. Especially when capacities will be capped next season and away followings minimal as a result.

Archived