The Club

ernieone

Just a suggestion to fill the time waiting for the season start, why not ask the various arms of the club to do an article for the web site on their plans for the coming season along with how they are progressing. A few suggestions would be

BISSA

Chief Executive

Batley Boys

Community Group

Supporters club

Directors

Gallant Youths project

Coaching Staff

Captain/individual players

Sponsor

I would like to think this would be interesting reading for the supporters (maybe also ask a couple of supporters about there thoughts)

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

What Web site, it's nearly non existent.

I would like to see it active again, too much reliance of facebook and Twitter of which I'm no fan.

I think there should be a process. If the club want us to visit the website, make it important enough for us to do so. Facebook /twitter etc should be used to direct us to the website. When news is released, Facebook /twitter should direct us back to website where there should be more detail about the headlines. Example, HT draw. The videos should be on website. All other social media should signpost us to there. I don't like having to trawl Facebook looking for the video, or waiting for Batley Bob to put the vid on forum.

And while l am at it, why don't the club use BB in some role related to their social media? 

I remember when it were shop window on main forum,And links to here and other news of whats going on. the place to go for details of games/team supporters bus.and an up to date list a players we have in mug shots.i think facebook seems to be the place to go now for expert advice so am told.am glad we have BB or we would really be mushrooms.

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

it would have been if the club had being doing the announcement, but was announced by Ravensport.

But isn't that a bit odd Roger? Surely it was a partnership between the club and Ravensport . How can our club's strip be revealed and our club have nothing to do with it? Fred is right, it should be all over the website. 

Although Ravensport revealed the strip I would imagine they approached the club first, it is the club who accept or design the strip first.

Yes I agree with you, FredM and Silverback it should have been plastered all over the website first and thanks to BB for facilitating it to be on the on forum and facebook.

BSJ it doesn't matter who the webmaster is, if the club don't feed the information to them then they can't do owt.

The good thing now is that the shirts and shorts are now there for christmas.

7 hours ago, RogerT said:

Although Ravensport revealed the strip I would imagine they approached the club first, it is the club who accept or design the strip first.

Yes I agree with you, FredM and Silverback it should have been plastered all over the website first and thanks to BB for facilitating it to be on the on forum and facebook.

BSJ it doesn't matter who the webmaster is, if the club don't feed the information to them then they can't do owt.

The good thing now is that the shirts and shorts are now there for christmas.

With respect, it does matter who is updating the website. It takes someone with the capability and capacity to keep on top of it. I imagine this would have to be paid for, and maybe it's not top of the list of priorities for budget spend? That being said, I do agree that at least the headline news should be put up there for those of us not on FB etc. 

53 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

With respect, it does matter who is updating the website. It takes someone with the capability and capacity to keep on top of it. I imagine this would have to be paid for, and maybe it's not top of the list of priorities for budget spend? That being said, I do agree that at least the headline news should be put up there for those of us not on FB etc. 

no it wouldnt have to be paid for as i did volunteer 2 yr back to do the updates, but someone else was in place then,, i have the capability and capacity to do this as work in I.T

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

It wouldn't matter so much if Kevin hadn't asked us to visit the website more. Fair enough, website visits matter as he explained the last time he made the plea. But, it has to be worth visiting. It currently isn't, though I see that news of the shirt has appeared on there now after first being on Twitter, and Kevin has put his latest update on there too. 

If it is important enough to make a difference, then that expertise should be paid for if someone can't be found who is kind enough to do it for free.

1 hour ago, BatleyBird said:

And that's the point. Even with the internet, some of us may not have Twitter, facebook or Instagram or whatever platform is popular. But we will all have access to the website, therefore that should be the focus of news and information as it potentially has greater reach than the others.

37 minutes ago, distantdog said:

And that's the point. Even with the internet, some of us may not have Twitter, facebook or Instagram or whatever platform is popular. But we will all have access to the website, therefore that should be the focus of news and information as it potentially has greater reach than the others.

As the rfl pay money out for users of Facebook,Twitter,YouTube and our league maybe the club has to go with the times etc... 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

As the rfl pay money out for users of Facebook,Twitter,YouTube and our league maybe the club has to go with the times etc... 

Yes, but KB also mentioned visiting the website so assume that is important too. Are websites considered old fashioned now? 

We previously had two volunteers doing a excellent job running the website (not at the same time) with up to date information  very good match reports, players photos etc.

But both of them for whatever the reason called it a day. 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Archived