Direct contact with the head

DoubleD

I go to a Catalan forum and some commented they were surprised Mc was treated so lightly. Considering many French XIIIers feel that English officials are biased against them, real surprise expressed. They thought the judiciary would act retrospectively. I haven’t seen the incident but over the years have seen others from Mc and see him as someone who is likely to use excessive aggression. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One game ban for McIlorum and 2 grade F charges for "other contrary behaviour" for him and Tomkins. That the video referee stepped in for neither is quite worrying, particularly the McIlorum incidents. The one game ban particularly questions the referees as it would arguably have not been in place should a card etc been shown and thus sufficient punishment dished out. Grade F charges carry an 8 game suspension.

To put it into perspective, the bans they face would have put them out of two-thirds of the games Catalans have actually played this season. That neither were rebuked on the night is rather shocking.

16 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

One game ban for McIlorum and 2 grade F charges for "other contrary behaviour" for him and Tomkins. That the video referee stepped in for neither is quite worrying, particularly the McIlorum incidents. The one game ban particularly questions the referees as it would arguably have not been in place should a card etc been shown and thus sufficient punishment dished out. Grade F charges carry an 8 game suspension.

To put it into perspective, the bans they face would have put them out of two-thirds of the games Catalans have actually played this season. That neither were rebuked on the night is rather shocking.

I think the serious allegation against Tompkins is fair enough and is what the report and review system is for. When things are front and centre I'm not sure things that could see an 8 match ban should be being missed. 

Just now, Dave T said:

I think the serious allegation against Tompkins is fair enough and is what the report and review system is for. When things are front and centre I'm not sure things that could see an 8 match ban should be being missed. 

Absolutely. Its unbelievable that an 8 game ban worthy incident (on top of a 1 game ban worthy incident) where there was a stoppage in play to review it by the ref, 2 Assistants and the video ref, and 3 prior penalties for high tackles recieved no punishment on the night. 

Its genuinely shocking actually and thankfully didn't have worse repercussions for Dwyer. 

25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely. Its unbelievable that an 8 game ban worthy incident (on top of a 1 game ban worthy incident) where there was a stoppage in play to review it by the ref, 2 Assistants and the video ref, and 3 prior penalties for high tackles recieved no punishment on the night. 

Its genuinely shocking actually and thankfully didn't have worse repercussions for Dwyer. 

It isn’t though as the match officials wouldn’t have necessarily seen the incident in the light it has been painted. The high tackle by McIllorum is a different matter

18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

LDL here , appalling 

So one player gets a 9 match ban for touching an ' injured ' player 

One player gets nothing for touching the play he's just injured 

😁

I’ll bite again. Acton did much much more than “touch” Bird but don’t let the facts get in the way again

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

It isn’t though as the match officials wouldn’t have necessarily seen the incident in the light it has been painted. The high tackle by McIllorum is a different matter

Yeah I agree with Tomkins, but the McIlorum incidents are outrageous that they went unpunished.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I agree with Tomkins, but the McIlorum incidents are outrageous that they went unpunished.

The “pick up and let go” if you are unaware of the foul on Dwyer is understandable. The missed initial high tackle by the VR isn’t 

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

The “pick up and let go” if you are unaware of the foul on Dwyer is understandable. The missed initial high tackle by the VR isn’t 

They had the replays and the review time whilst Dwyer got patched up (which should have been enough evidence to have a second look on its own). The pick up and drop in that context is why he's facing a grade F charge.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

They had the replays and the review time whilst Dwyer got patched up (which should have been enough evidence to have a second look on its own). The pick up and drop in that context is why he's facing a grade F charge.

I know exactly why he is facing a grade F charge. My comments about why it wasn’t picked up at the time remain valid & accurate

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

It was obvious what Mcallorum was trying to do, its not hindsight I knew by the first replay that he was trying to get him up to stop the penalty and incredibly he didn't get one.

58 minutes ago, LeeF said:

I’ll bite again. Acton did much much more than “touch” Bird but don’t let the facts get in the way again

And Mcillorum ? , Did all he do was ' touch ' ? 

Don't let facts get in the way 

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

That's what we have video refs for 

59 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Neither is understandable , that's what we have video refs for 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

LDL here , appalling 

So one player gets a 9 match ban for touching an ' injured ' player 

One player gets nothing for touching the play he's just injured 

😁

I'm confused who got nothing? 

Archived