Another never waser signs for a Super League club

3 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Catalans are a perfect example of the need for a quota. They are pretty much a complete waste of time as a club in terms of producing French players, precisely because they have an unlimited quota. 

Absolutely they are a complete waste of time as a club producing players. If you don’t count Theo Fages, Romaine Navarrete, Morgan Escare, Tony Gigot, Hakim Miloudi, William Barthau, Lucas Albert, Lambert Belmas, Alrix da Costa, Micheal Goudemand, Benjamin Jullien, Benjamin Garcia, Remi Casty, Fouad Yaha, Antoni Maria, Arthur Mourgue and Paul Seguier they haven’t produced a single Super League player.

5 hours ago, Farmduck said:

That list has some good examples. Millington wasn't a first-grader in NRL anymore but does anyone believe Cas haven't got their money's worth?

Players with something to prove are usually much better signings from the NRL  

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Absolutely they are a complete waste of time as a club producing players. If you don’t count Theo Fages, Romaine Navarrete, Morgan Escare, Tony Gigot, Hakim Miloudi, William Barthau, Lucas Albert, Lambert Belmas, Alrix da Costa, Micheal Goudemand, Benjamin Jullien, Benjamin Garcia, Remi Casty, Fouad Yaha, Antoni Maria, Arthur Mourgue and Paul Seguier they haven’t produced a single Super League player.

ALL GOOD apart from Theo Fages (Bernard doesn't get on with his father) he came from Pia juniors:) then to Salford Academy (He has never been a Dragons player)

Plenty more though you can add to this list:)

Paul

7 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Players with something to prove are usually much better signings from the NRL  

Michael Dobson. NRL nobody. First came over to replace the injured Stacey Jones at Catalans, which is a massive ask for a very young player, especially in that position. Next job, saving a rudderless Wigan from relegation - job done again, in the same year. Also put in good stints for Hull KR and Salford. 

Mark Carroll. Big name Down Under. Origin and Kangaroos player. Came to London Broncos promising to rip it up and bash the poms left right and centre. Failed hilariously, but not nearly as hilarious as the excuse he came up with after he fled back to Sydney.

Who would you, with hindsight, choose?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Michael Dobson. NRL nobody. First came over to replace the injured Stacey Jones at Catalans, which is a massive ask for a very young player, especially in that position. Next job, saving a rudderless Wigan from relegation - job done again, in the same year. Also put in good stints for Hull KR and Salford. 

Mark Carroll. Big name Down Under. Origin and Kangaroos player. Came to London Broncos promising to rip it up and bash the poms left right and centre. Failed hilariously, but not nearly as hilarious as the excuse he came up with after he fled back to Sydney.

Who would you, with hindsight, choose?

Absolutely and the list is endless Withers,Retchless,Hooper,Demetriu (sp) all much better players over here than a lot of so called big players. Although I am tempted to pick Carroll just so I can watch him get smashed all over again. 

Archived