Ryan Hall to Hull KR

Hullfan

15 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Here's 6 reasons.

Makinson, Grace, Johnstone, Manfredi, Davies, Handley.

Manfredi ??? No problems with the rest. I know the lads had some bad injuries but he's not even the best winger at wigan anymore, a shadow of his former self.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

So you would prefer to have Hall back in the Leeds side instead of Hanley?

Handley isn't as good as Ryan Hall at his peak and is very unlikely to be. He's potentially not going to be as good as Hall next year if Hall finds his fitness and form.

But Handley is going to be one of Leeds' first choice wingers for the next decade if he stays and stays fit and with Tom Briscoe under contract for 2 more years nobody was expecting Hall to come back, even if it would have improved the team in the short term.

Anyone who didn't watch him trying to play for that side would come to some dodgy views.

His yardage was really good.

He recieved the ball in all the areas where he would have little effect and more often than not as it went towards his wing people headed for the line and didn't pass. There was one guilty party in particular at doing this.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

Handley isn't as good as Ryan Hall at his peak and is very unlikely to be. He's potentially not going to be as good as Hall next year if Hall finds his fitness and form.

But Handley is going to be one of Leeds' first choice wingers for the next decade if he stays and stays fit and with Tom Briscoe under contract for 2 more years nobody was expecting Hall to come back, even if it would have improved the team in the short term.

Hall was a great player for Leeds, of that there is no doubt, but if I was a Leeds fan I would prefer Hanley now for the long term. 

He obviously needs a full injury free preseason after suffering 2 seperate knee injuries that has robbed him of the last 2 and left him looking slow & cumbersome at the Roosters.

If he stays fit he’ll do a decent job for KR but talk of being in the top 5 wingers in the league or getting England selection is ludicrous.

35 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

So you would prefer to have Hall back in the Leeds side instead of Hanley?

Yes. The only advantage of having Handley over Hall is he’s a younger and will take up less of the salary cap. Handley is ok and a decent Super League player but won’t ever be an international winger IMO. Hall was arguably the World’s Best Winger and could still be if fully fit.

12 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

He obviously needs a full injury free preseason after suffering 2 seperate knee injuries that has robbed him of the last 2 and left him looking slow & cumbersome at the Roosters.

If he stays fit he’ll do a decent job for KR but talk of being in the top 5 wingers in the league or getting England selection is ludicrous.

He’s 32 and has been England’s best winger for the last decade. Ruling him out of England selection is ludicrous.

5 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He’s 32 and has been England’s best winger for the last decade. Ruling him out of England selection is ludicrous.

No ludicrous is stating a 33 yr old winger who hasn’t scored a try in over 2 yrs could become the best winger in the world.

28 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Hall was arguably the World’s Best Winger and could still be if fully fit.

Seriously ? Better than , let’s say , The Fox . I hope he does well , he’s been a very fine player and seems a smashing bloke , but giving him that moniker again is plainly ridiculous . I mean for starters he wouldn’t be at Hull KR would he ? He just needs get playing regularly and doing the job for them . I’d be staggered if england haven’t moved on from him 

45 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

No ludicrous is stating a 33 yr old winger who hasn’t scored a try in over 2 yrs could become the best winger in the world.

Cameron Smith is 37. Has he been no good for the last 4 years? 

Ryan Hall got a bad injury, before that he was England’s best, if he’s fully recovered there is nothing stopping him again been England’s best. He’s 32 and will be 33 next season, that’s certainly not too old and past it. 

My view is that Hall will be somewhere in between the world's best winger and a complete flop during his stint at HKR.

But I accept that the internet is all about extremes.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

35 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Cameron Smith is 37. Has he been no good for the last 4 years? 

Ryan Hall got a bad injury, before that he was England’s best, if he’s fully recovered there is nothing stopping him again been England’s best. He’s 32 and will be 33 next season, that’s certainly not too old and past it. 

No he’s been superb,but that is irrelevant given the different positions and skill sets of the players,but what’s Hall done recently apart from looking way past his best.

A quality winger 3 or 4 years ago but no longer anywhere near the top wingers in Superleague never mind the NRL,he’ll do a job for a lower Superleague club.

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Manfredi ??? No problems with the rest. I know the lads had some bad injuries but he's not even the best winger at wigan anymore, a shadow of his former self.

I was wondering who would step into Des O'Connors shoes.  In response to the original post, that still gives 5 reasons.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Rovers really need to make more ground on tackles 1 & 2, we were the worst at that this season.

That's the main reason Ryan Hall was signed and he should be a big help. He looks in terrific shape and having not played much for 2 years I'm hoping he'll be raring to go. Whatever the question marks he's definitely an upgrade on Nick Rawsthorne and he did have 4 offers to choose from.

Vete and Hall add much needed size and with 2 or 3 more to come maybe we won't be outmuscled so often in 2021.

8 hours ago, Oxford said:

Anyone who didn't watch him trying to play for that side would come to some dodgy views.

His yardage was really good.

He recieved the ball in all the areas where he would have little effect and more often than not as it went towards his wing people headed for the line and didn't pass. There was one guilty party in particular at doing this.

Completely agree. Was great returning the ball early in the tackle count. Made yards in contact and often found his front, for a quick ptb. 

If anyone watched him play for the roosters and couldn't see this, they must have had there eyes closed.

Yes he's lost a lot of pace, the two major knee injuries didn't help.

He didn't score a try, but got very little opportunity. 

If he stays free of injury, he will be a very useful player to KR.

3 minutes ago, Skids said:

He didn't score a try, but got very little opportunity. 

If I didn't know better I'd swear that not giving him the ball was deliberate. I have only seen that kind of thing twice before and it had all the hallmarks.

It was like that scene in This Sporting Life with Richard Harris screaming for the ball.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

17 minutes ago, Oxford said:

If I didn't know better I'd swear that not giving him the ball was deliberate. I have only seen that kind of thing twice before and it had all the hallmarks.

It was like that scene in This Sporting Life with Richard Harris screaming for the ball.

At times it did look like that. 

It did look a bit that way, but he was waaay too slow to get anywhere near supporting linebreaks and his defence was always poor (he's one of those wingers that seems to always come inside to 'help' his centre in a one-on-one leaving his opposition winger unmarked regardless of how good his centre is in defence).   I've watched every game he played for the Roosters and whilst he was strong running the ball back, in pretty much every other facet he was poor. Never mind WBW, he was about 4th best at the Roosters.

Watched a few games of the Roosters with Hall  playing. The guy  hardly handled the ball and the few times he did the passes  he received left a lot to be desired.Not really giving the guy a fair go by criticizing him.Would still rate him. 

On 16/11/2020 at 14:28, Damien said:

He was once England's best winger. He hasn't been that for a number of years.

are we still talking about ryan hall here or blake austin?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Archived