Barrow for the Championship?

Bearman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do have a good case and absence of DR will benefit them.

Rochdale filling their team with Warwick players seemed a bit odd, mind.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

25 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The club didn't seem very confident,or content with the stadium,or finances,just a matter of days ago.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/18864476.steve-neale-improved-facilities-high-agenda-barrow-raiders/

Have you ever been ? 

Barrows stadium is fine for the Championship as it is , its basic , but similar  in layout to Wheldon Rd , except their seated stand is more modern and better , then like CAS you have 3 terraced sides with old fashioned roofs over most of them 

It does have more character , the terrace roofs bely Barrows shipbuilding past with lots of cast iron supports , and the option to continue watching the game while having a pee 😁

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Have you ever been ? 

Barrows stadium is fine for the Championship as it is , its basic , but similar  in layout to Wheldon Rd , except their seated stand is more modern and better , then like CAS you have 3 terraced sides with old fashioned roofs over most of them 

It does have more character , the terrace roofs bely Barrows shipbuilding past with lots of cast iron supports , and the option to continue watching the game while having a pee 😁

Barrow's ground is well good enough for the Championship.

51 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

As Barrow were relegated in 13th place in 2019 I think its only fair they should be favourites to be offered a Championship place.

Newcastle, as beaten Grand Finalists, should also be considered a favourite surely?

Barrow say they have a team that can go in the Championship, yet they got relegated last time out.

Newcastle have strategic significance, good facilities and good crowds. I'd certainly pick them over Barrow.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

11 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Fight it out like everyone else and earn it. Shouldn't be a case of just picking someone

How would you suggest that they do this before the beginning of the next season?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Have you ever been ? 

Craven Park is a cracking ground for Championship RL. Old school, welcoming, great sight lines - what could be better? (Sadly, the latter option is no longer available Gubby.)

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

How would you suggest that they do this before the beginning of the next season?

What im saying is, the Championship is a tough league, Barrow have been there before and were relegated for a reason. All teams, not just Barrow, should have to earn it by promotion rather than just be given this spot. I'd hate to see any team given the spot and then spend beyond their means and still be relegated straight away ( yes I know, you will say we wont spend beyond our means, our squad is strong enough to survive etc ) but its inevitable that teams will still need to spend and add on top of that the improved contracts players you already have will want will add up.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Behind the bikeshed after school of course!

Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

18 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The club didn't seem very confident,or content with the stadium,or finances,just a matter of days ago.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/18864476.steve-neale-improved-facilities-high-agenda-barrow-raiders/

Craven Park is already better than the stadiums of many other professional clubs. It is certainly bigger and offers better facilities to away fans than some grounds which have been used in SL in the past couple of years. I read that article as quite a positive looking one - the Barrow board is looking to add electronic ticketing, better catering & merchandising, better facilities for womens teams and so on. 

I have had the pleasure of attending Craven Park,many a time.

I like the stadium - I like old fashioned stadia - and I admire the supporters even more.

I gleaned the impression there was a lack of confidence about their situation which suddenly changed a few days later.

With the never -ending,change the rules,make it up on the hoof as late as possible,appear to be lost for forward thinking,planning and integrity rugby league,Ihave no objection to Barrow going back to where they were in 2019 - The Championship.

Don't even object to the return of The Des...The sport is an ongoing farce.I have gone beyond anger,beyond apathy and I am at the expect the unexpected and derive entertainment from it,stage.

A little reward for good supporters I wholeheartedly endorse.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 minutes ago, langpark said:

Surely Newcastle would be a strong candidate for this?

This time last year then absolutely, but I'm not sure they are in the same health as there's a lot of players have left recently and the coach leaving is a big hit.

Archived