Squad News - Bulldog inbound - Tom Gilmore

Batley Bob

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

I think he was on about mr Fleming 

I stand corrected and apologise.

😉

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Just a thought; seeing as Tom was signed for Ottowa, who have merely postponed not cancelled their entry into the league, are their signings simply postponed, or cancelled?

55 minutes ago, phildog said:

Just a thought; seeing as Tom was signed for Ottowa, who have merely postponed not cancelled their entry into the league, are their signings simply postponed, or cancelled?

I'm not having a dig, but does it really matter?

Sadly, if he really shines, just like everybody else, he will be picked up by a club paying more than we can afford. It is the same at most sports. Look what happened to Salford's GF team.

You might get 2 seasons at a push from a top quality player, if you are very lucky. Some players have a get out clause should a SL club come in for them, so how much are contracts really worth?

Do you remember Ben Fisher?

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'm not having a dig, but does it really matter?

Sadly, if he really shines, just like everybody else, he will be picked up by a club paying more than we can afford. It is the same at most sports. Look what happened to Salford's GF team.

You might get 2 seasons at a push from a top quality player, if you are very lucky. Some players have a get out clause should a SL club come in for them, so how much are contracts really worth?

Do you remember Ben Fisher?

Very true. 😒

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Ottawa players became free agents when they were released with two months of their contracts paid up. His registration will not have been retained by them.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

A lot of water under the bridge before any games are played in Ottawa for sure.$104 million to find at some point for 2022. so tom will be going good for doggies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/oseg-risk-default-covid-19-lansdowne-1.5789261

42 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Who’s given you that sauce? Reading today’s Batley news he may along side him with white at 13... 

Bowman 2nd row?

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Lubey would do do a damn sight better than some historical props we've given a shirt to.

Might be in the Keegan mould. Finding front quick ptb sucking in defenders no pun intended!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 minute ago, graham fisher said:

He might have the size for prop but as he got the heart or desire to play there 🤔

Personally, I wouldn't mess with the back row. We have a talented and very well balanced back row, in Manning, a tackling machine, Walshaw, a big guy that can break tackles and Bowman, a genuine ball playing LF. I would not change that unless forced.

The problem with moving Walshaw to prop, we would have no size in the back row with White, Manning and Bowman. If we don't, we look short of a big prop.

Before reading the article, I just thought we'd bring in a direct replacement for KH. I guess though, you have to look at the budget and who is available. If we could bring in a quality utility player, like for example Harvey Livett, who can play in the centre or back row, although the balance of the pack is not improved, it might offer more options and improve the side overall. 

56 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Just because Walshaw is big doesn't make him a prop. It takes a certain mindset to play there. 

Correct and specific training in gym etc with weights, diet 

I think we shouldn’t change our back 3 with manning Walshaw and Bowman (who for me could of been 2020 player of the year) 

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

Just because Walshaw is big doesn't make him a prop. It takes a certain mindset to play there. 

He could play like a prop in attack but I don't think his defence is in that mold.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived