Thu 19 Nov: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/20 at 20:15

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, RayCee said:

You've gone with the two underdogs Ox. 

Always do which in RL terms is probably a bad idea but so much more magic and satisfying when it happens!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Wigan are rightly the favourites, but I really like what I've seen from our boys in recent weeks. Show the same commitment as against Warrington and get a few 50/50 calls go our way and who knows. Whatever happens I'm more positive about Hull now than at any point in the last 2 years.

Hull owner Adam Pearson has today been hospitalised with Covid 19. It seems he needs supplementary oxygen to help him breathe. From reports it sounds like he wasn't present at the Halliwell Jones last Thursday so looks like the players won't have any issues from contact with him or his family.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

11 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Hull owner Adam Pearson has today been hospitalised with Covid 19. It seems he needs supplementary oxygen to help him breathe. From reports it sounds like he wasn't present at the Halliwell Jones last Thursday so looks like the players won't have any issues from contact with him or his family.

Andy Last won't be sacked live on sky after the game then. Wigan by 40

I hope Hullfan can explain his laughing emoticon to us all.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Making progress https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54966752 

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Mmmmm...Salford...

11 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

I was laughing at the post. Because its so far off the mark its laughable hence the laugh!!!! Is that ok with you!!!? 

Which parts were wrong?

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2020-11-16/hull-fc-owner-adam-pearson-receiving-treatment-for-covid-19-in-hospital-but-in-good-spirits

I was pleasantly surprised by Hull last week. They played with a resilience that I didn't associate with Hull! They were quite clinical and stifled Warrington. It will take a huge effort to back up and do it again. Wigan aren't infallible, but they will be big favourites.

Hull raised it to a season best performance last week (maybe apart from game 1 against Leeds). It is a big ask to do the same again in consecutive weeks.

5 hours ago, Hullfan said:

I was laughing at the post. Because its so far off the mark its laughable hence the laugh!!!! Is that ok with you!!!? 

Which part about Pearson being hospitalised is far off the mark? 

Unless you've got something to back that up, it really just comes across as you laughing at someone who is in hospital. And if that's a case, this probably isn't the right forum for you.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

14 hours ago, Hullfan said:

14 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I'm waiting....and it looks like a few others are too.

So come on then, justify yourself.

On to the game, apologies for being sidetracked by an irritant.

I know I'm usually perceived as being a bit on the negative side when it comes to Hull FC's chances in big games but I feel that's because I'm a realist.

So, the DW on Thursday then. We're capable of going there and getting a result, of that there is no doubt. But we really need the players to be pulling up trees for each other. If we put in a similar effort to the Wire game, we may not be far off but Wigan are a different team to Warrington. As I've said elsewhere, they're the book, t shirt and dvd club.

I actually think it will be a close game, surely we can't be as woeful as when we went there in the RL Cup can we? 

And of course, as my pal, the placid Saint Toppy points out, if we put in a match winning performance and sneak over the line, then we're at home in the Grand Final.

Surely the players need no greater motivation than that?

Although if they do, they can always look to Sean O'Loughlin's remarks about how Wigan have two games left this season.

He may of course be correct, we'll just have to wait and see.

I am looking forward to this very much, as FC are something of an unknown quantity. They have such a good squad, and so many ways to score. I think it will be our defence v their attack. I would back us to score around 20 points, as we have speed, creativity and a certain ruthlessness in seizing on mistakes. It then comes down to whether we can repeat the line speed and concentration that we showed against Saints. I am leaning towards us in a nail biter; either way I will be supporting the winner at Hull the week after.

Archived